Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I find no real functional difference, happy with both!

Here's the differences to KNOW of though:
- If it's a V1, there's a "bottom" - so there will be a sliver of SS visible , even if you have a black or brass top on.
- If it's a V2, there's NO "bottom" - which means you can actually push the cap down lower than flush with the bottom of the atty. This is GOOD if you want to obscure a little bit of space from an atty with a long 510 thread; but it's also POSSIBLE to push the cap so far down that it touches a high coil...that would be bad. LOL. I have never done this - just pointing out that it would be possible. On the other hand, you could intentionally lower the cap a little more than flush and have an even smaller chamber...

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
There's not much difference between the two. The V1 has a flange on the bottom that the V2 doesn't which acts as a stop for the top cap. Other than that and a little cosmetic difference and the availability of the V2 in naval brass and black they are pretty much the same.

With the V2 you can get a flush fit on any mod and actually reduce the chamber a bit.

If given the choice, I'd take a V2 but they are both awesome.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thanks. :)

I am aware of the differences (I have a V1 and two V2s). I have used one of each on my two Reos and have not really noticed and difference in performance. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced any issues with either that would make the other more desirable.

Honestly - I am going to come clean here - I have two Reos and I am selling one, so I was thinking of selling one of my Nuppins (don't really need three for my one remaining Reo) but can't decide if I should keep both the V2 Nuppins or one of each. I know these can be hard to come by and don't want to regret my decision, or find out after selling the V1 that I should have kept it.

Decisions, decisions...

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
With a possible vapeapopalypse around the corner, I wouldn't sell anything.
10 years from now you might need that extra Nuppin or REO.
Of course if you need the cash now, go for it.
Just my paranoid thoughts..........:)

Not paranoid at all - I'm with you.

Maybe I will just keep all three.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
In use both Nuppin' versions work fine for me, but I do like the ability to reduce the size of the V2's chamber; and with shiny anything in vape gear not being a favorite, I like the naval brass and black anodized V2's way better than the SS V1's/V2's. I have 4 V1 and 4 V2 bases, with a selection of top caps and AFC sleeves that will work on any of them. So it could be said that my Nuppin's not only have backups, the backups have backups. However some of them are falling from daily use or have actually lost their permanent seat on a Reo to other atty's.

nup8.jpg

Reactions: The.Drifter

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
IMO, it's a flip the coin situation on the V1 vs V2 issue - no significant difference and both versions are stellar.

Also, unless $$$ are the driving force, I'd wrap up any reos and quality atties I wasn't using and save them on a drawer for a rainy day. Clouds, they be looming for us vapers, methinks.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I totally agree with keeping both the REO unless ya need to sell em. The nuppin was my absolute favorite atty until I found a derringer clone. It doesn't beat my nuppin by any means, but it's right at just as good, and far easier to come by. Aside from that I only have the V1 so can't say if I see a difference.

Reactions: gpjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread