Click bait links and how we promote them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Hi everybody,

I know we all get irate at all of the bad press and explosion reports that come day in and day out. We all look into it and click on it and comment and share how wrong the data is.

The thing is, we are giving a lot of this site what they want. Clicks are money and we need to stop funding this guys.

There is a site called Do Not Link that actually let's you read and share the story without improving "their" search engine position. It makes a new URL that doesn't feed info back to them and that you can share without falling in their trap.
Also if someone shared something you want to read that wasn't posted this way, you can copy the URL and paste it on their site to access it.

Please use it, and promote the use of it. They are making their numbers with us and I know the community doesn't want to help them out.

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Hi everybody,

I know we all get irate at all of the bad press and explosion reports that come day in and day out. We all look into it and click on it and comment and share how wrong the data is.

The thing is, we are giving a lot of this site what they want. Clicks are money and we need to stop funding this guys.

There is a site called Do Not Link that actually let's you read and share the story without improving "their" search engine position. It makes a new URL that doesn't feed info back to them and that you can share without falling in their trap.
Also if someone shared something you want to read that wasn't posted this way, you can copy the URL and paste it on their site to access it.

Please use it, and promote the use of it. They are making their numbers with us and I know the community doesn't want to help them out.
This was discussed last spring. We were asked not do it until it's reviewed and OK'ed. It sure sounds to me like a good idea to use it.

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread