Dicodes box mod coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Not good :( I mean thats well over 1V drop. Might be the mod is faulty. Hard to believe the batts are that screwed. After 500 cycles maybe but not new...Maybe @Mooch could advise?!?!

The Orbtronic 5200mAh has a very high internal resistance and isn't a good choice above 20W or so. The MNKE is a fairly good battery but there are a lot of fakes around. If there is a fairly wide space between the two lines of text on the battery then you probably have the low performing fake MNKE.

dems86

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    The Orbtronic 5200mAh has a very high internal resistance and isn't a good choice above 20W or so. The MNKE is a fairly good battery but there are a lot of fakes around. If there is a fairly wide space between the two lines of text on the battery then you probably have the low performing fake MNKE.
    I ordered two 4200mah 40A Purple Efests from Illumn (I had the 5200mah purple but heard these were better, and had sold my greens along with the Dunamis)...do you personally recommend anything over those (assuming the cells don't arrive dead lol)?

Do you have a preference out of your top performing 26650s? If so, do you recommend a place to acquire them to insure they are not fake (assuming your recommendation is one that has said fake issue)?!?

Thanks ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    I ordered two 4200mah 40A Purple Efests from Illumn (I had the 5200mah purple but heard these were better, and had sold my greens along with the Dunamis)...do you personally recommend anything over those (assuming the cells don't arrive dead lol)?

Do you have a preference out of your top performing 26650s? If so, do you recommend a place to acquire them to insure they are not fake (assuming your recommendation is one that has said fake issue)?!?

Thanks ;)

The purple 4200s and the greens check out I think. They are on the Mooch test list! Purples are longer than the greens but fit fine in the 6 I'm sure as those are what Keith at CdV is selling for that purpose. I seem to remember he told me he did some independent testing and was happy with them!

dems86

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    The purple 4200s and the greens check out I think. They are on the Mooch test list! Purples are longer than the greens but fit fine in the 6 I'm sure as those are what Keith at CdV is selling for that purpose. I seem to remember he told me he did some independent testing and was happy with them!
    Yeah, I checked out the thread, I noticed they made it into the top so many, I was just curious if Mooch himself preferred one of the tops over the other, or over the Purples 4200mah even ;)

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    UK
    Mooch I am running the good MNKE. The 26650's I've run so far:
    Efest green 4200mAH IMR
    BASEN IMR 26650 4500mAh
    MXJO 26650 22A 4200mAh Battery
    MNKE 26650 3500mAh 30A
    Orbtronics 5200 MAH

Always at 3.8 or better when they go back into the charger.
    Hi bud, are you stopping using it as soon as it flashes low? How many volts is the No6 showing under load and how many actual volts left is it displaying?

Battery sag on these 26650's is definitely a bit worse then the 18650 batteries I'm used to.

Last edited:
    Reactions: dems86

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I'll have to take a look at that Stan, honestly I didn't even think about it. I did notice the crazy sag though and it's the same on my Stout although I haven't tried Ni yet. I have a couple other 26650's so it's time for a little testing with TL and my batteries.

I just slid a .6 ohm kanthal build on it to see how it performs.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    UK
    I'll have to take a look at that Stan, honestly I didn't even think about it. I did notice the crazy sag though and it's the same on my Stout although I haven't tried Ni yet. I have a couple other 26650's so it's time for a little testing with TL and my batteries.

I just slid a .6 ohm kanthal build on it to see how it performs.
    You probably already know this but it puzzled me at first being my first Dicodes, the voltage displayed on the main screen is under load so shows lower then the actual volts left in the battery (you can see actual volts by just tapping up or down)

Definitely getting more life than an 18650, ill keep an eye on mine too for you and clock when it's low and what my charger says when I do change them.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Thanks for the heads up Stan, it did take me a while to figure that out. I was cussing the device out at first thinking it was nuking my battery. I hit the up button by mistake and a light went on, or the dunce cap came off.

Thanks for the second set of eyes. So far the Kanthal build at 24W isn't having the same impact on the battery. I have the Efest green 4200mAH back in right now.

Both the Ni and Kanthal builds are a damn fine vape on this device.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

Thanks ;)

Any of the top 26650's are pretty close. I think four out of the five all use the same cell under the wrap. Check my test results and cell pictures to see which battery uses what and which performed best. The table says everything I would say. :)

dems86

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    Any of the top 26650's are pretty close. I think four out of the five all use the same cell under the wrap. Check my test results and cell pictures to see which battery uses what and which performed best. The table says everything I would say. :)
    Basen Black and Brillipower 4500mah both appear to be same cell, and top performers...do you have a recommended vendor to pick up either of those?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Basen Black and Brillipower 4500mah both appear to be same cell, and top performers...do you have a recommended vendor to pick up either of those?

www.imrbatteries.com

There was quite a rush on the top four performers though when the test report came out and they went out of stock. Hopefully they've received more. If not try Illumn.

dems86

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    www.imrbatteries.com

There was quite a rush on the top four performers though when the test report came out and they went out of stock. Hopefully they've received more. If not try Illumn.

Doesn't look like they carry those two, but the AWT 4500mah appears to be carried by them, just not in stock at this time...thanks!!!

Edit: Liion Wholesale appears to carry the Basen Black, they donated the Purple Efests to you, so Il guessing they are reputable place? They also appear to be priced very well.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Doesn't look like they carry those two, but the AWT 4500mah appears to be carried by them, just not in stock at this time...thanks!!!

Edit: Liion Wholesale appears to carry the Basen Black, they donated the Purple Efests to you, so Il guessing they are reputable place? They also appear to be priced very well.

They are legit. I get all my Samsung/Sony/LG's from them and they test the batteries that they stock.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2015
    UK
    For those of you with the No 6 what type of battery life are you getting from the device.

I may be missing something but I am getting a flashing battery but when I put the battery in the charger it's ready 3.8.

It vapes great but I'm not sure what the deal is with the battery. I'm not even getting a half a tank before it starts flashing and it's happened on four different types of cells.

My Box was doing the same mate, had to send it back to Dicodes

Diagnosis was parallel comms, it appears it was seeing under load voltage when looking for static

Got through 4 batteries in a day trying to use it

Since returned to me get over a day out of one 18650

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    My Box was doing the same mate, had to send it back to Dicodes

Diagnosis was parallel comms, it appears it was seeing under load voltage when looking for static

Got through 4 batteries in a day trying to use it

Since returned to me get over a day out of one 18650

bugger. I knew i had seen this problem somewhere. Glad you git it fixed up QM.

Sorry @Marc411 . I'm getting old...:(

Reactions: Quantum Mech

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    For the owners of No6: I have heard that No6 can run with 18650 too, with a tube adaptor... Can anyone confirm this that is correct?

Στάλθηκε από το 2017
    i see no reason why it shouldnt. Slowtech sell a couple of different adaptors.

Reactions: ATMISTHS

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    bugger. I knew i had seen this problem somewhere. Glad you git it fixed up QM.

Wow, I didn't think I'd have any problem with a German engineered and built device.
    Must be the Syrian refugees. :D
    Wonder if I'm too late to cancel my order? Off to try.
    No interest in sending anything back across the pond.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread