GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #130 for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
2/10 #3
Solid LEDs don't bother me. Blinking, though... Drives me crazy.
Not just the blinking lights (which set up and cadence in your brain, even with your eyes closed), but the color of lights in the area where you sleep. Got an electronic alarm clock? What color is the display? Recent medical research shows that blue light will keep you awake (or at least produce very fitful sleep) while red light aids in sleeping. Got a TV in the bedroom? Did you know that it is never off? Oh, you can turn the power button/knob, but the electronics are still working even without the display being lit, and THAT is interfering with your sleep pattern. Unplug it. Got an electric blanket? That is disrupting your body's sleep too, by infusing you with a magnetic field contrary to the function of your nerves. Etc., etc.

3 nice trees around here.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
2/10 #1
@rangerrobin : painkillers and toothpicks to keep your eyes open. Best of luck surviving that conference.
@ChristopherZ : is it easy to use? I ordered one just a few days ago. Hopefully it will show up by the end of February.

And apparently trees can also feel sick:
tumblr_mqsp5yuk2x1s29t0zo1_500.jpg
2/10 #1
The RX200 is very easy to use, I've had mine for a couple months now. The updates are quick and easy as well, literally only takes a few seconds to do. For a mod and what you get, it's probably the best value out there. It's also not nearly as big as you think it would be and comfortable to use. I have it paired right now with a Griffin and it's a great combo.

UElwaRj.jpg

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
2/10 #4
2/10 #4
why do you suppose there's not more studies done?
yes..I agree with some of what Fuzzy is saying ...I myself have not gone around unplugging things and then noted whether the ringing in my ears has changed ...I'm right under a flight pattern ...for all I know I pick up on things like that ...or as @liblue1 mentioned ...it's hard to get far enough away from these things ...I mean ..there are satellites orbiting the Earth ...Alaska had a weather research "project" called HAARP ..trying to see if they could change the weather patterns (sumptin like that,Fuzzy) ...a friend noted the abundance of genetic anomalies in the area ...lots of intersex rabbits for one ... but then if I recall right, rabbits have cycles where they overproduce ..followed by cycles where they underproduce (poss becuz the intersex rabbits are sterile??) ...and all this affects the other food chain as well (like the lynx that feed on the rabbbits). One year, I remember THOUSANDS of rabbits lining the road in a 60mile stretch in that area...I had never seen anything like it! It was like "The Birds" ..only with Rabbits!! :shock:
I just pretty much closed my eyes, said a prayer and only managed to hit one...
And true true ... the manufacturers don't want you to figure out that these electrical signals can affect you negatively ... That would really be bad for business. :rolleyes:

:tumble:

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
2/10 #2
So I have a question for everyone here, maybe kind of weird, but oh well. Does anyone else find that they can hear frequencies from electronics moreso than other people they know? Like for me, our plasma TV emits a sort of buzzing or humming that I can hear but most other people can't. I hear one from my vaporesso Target mod. It changes frequencies when the screen goes off, then quits altogether shortly after. And right now, I'm sitting here with the TV off and no noise in the house, I can hear a humming from my Intellicharger i2. I keep it on the table by my chair. All of these devices work fine, no over heating or any issues at all. For some reason, my hearing just seems to pick up these frequencies.
latest
Yes, before I forget and back to rr
2/10 #1

Yup, but the more annoying of these "noises" is because of my hearing aids. They work kinda like WiFi (a wireless remote can adjust either or both and when you manually push a button on one, it "radios" the other to also change). Therefore, they pick up on any EMR (electro-magnetic radiation - ALL electronic devices emit this to some degree) and present it as an annoying background noise (hiss, hum, clicks, beeps - depending on whether it is noise from a cheap motor, ultrasonic cleaner, etc.).

However, as a few others have pointed out, your brain can also pick up on some of this EMR noise (not just tinnitus). Without my hearing aids in, I cannot "hear" the constant buzz of the power lines that run along the edge of our property, but Wifey does and won't stand near them because of it. However, I can "feel" the EM field that surrounds those wires (tingles the body hairs). Several years ago, I wrote up a 68-page document on your body's electrical system (ALL your nerves, in case you never bothered to think about it, are electrical in nature and can be disrupted by outside electrical and magnetic interference) and the effects of EMR on you. It was peer-reviewed before release, just in case you are worried I am a wacko. ;) Anyway, any of you who want a copy, PM me and I'll e-mail you the PDF document.

View attachment 529709
2/10 - 2: Thank you, and I was saying something about that about a year and a half, two years ago. Consider this the PM, but I will do that as well.

and yes GG as you already know on the first question... and yes to all the others as well :rolleyes:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
2/10 #4

yes..I agree with some of what Fuzzy is saying ...I myself have not gone around unplugging things and then noted whether the ringing in my ears has changed ...I'm right under a flight pattern ...for all I know I pick up on things like that ...or as @liblue1 mentioned ...it's hard to get far enough away from these things ...I mean ..there are satellites orbiting the Earth ...Alaska had a weather research "project" called HAARP ..trying to see if they could change the weather patterns (sumptin like that,Fuzzy) ...a friend noted the abundance of genetic anomalies in the area ...lots of intersex rabbits for one ... but then if I recall right, rabbits have cycles where they overproduce ..followed by cycles where they underproduce (poss becuz the intersex rabbits are sterile??) ...and all this affects the other food chain as well (like the lynx that feed on the rabbbits). One year, I remember THOUSANDS of rabbits lining the road in a 60mile stretch in that area...I had never seen anything like it! It was like "The Birds" ..only with Rabbits!! :shock:
I just pretty much closed my eyes, said a prayer and only managed to hit one...
And true true ... the manufacturers don't want you to figure out that these electrical signals can affect you negatively ... That would really be bad for business. :rolleyes:

2/10 #2
Wow, that sounds really crazy with all those rabbits! :eek: It definitely sounds like something unnatural going on.

Wallpaper-winter-frost-tree-fog-photography.jpg

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015

Scooter jordan II

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
ROCKY MOUNT/24151
2/10 #5

I wish one of us had taken a video of it! Yes ..I have a witness! But I guess we were both too busy goin'.:shock::shock:

...do u mean me or Roadtrip? I'm in NV.

2/10#4No I knew where you lived road trip in talking bout all these rabbits and ringing in the ears all that stuff
d20123b0182fcce4f93a1e0a288f3f95.jpg

have a nice day

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
No I knew where you lived road trip in talking bout all these rabbits and ringing in the ears all that stuff

have a nice day
2/10 #3
I'm in Texas. I can't hear in ringing in my ears, the voices in my head are too loud and just drown it out.

IMG_8785-1.jpg

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
TIOA Sns6 eps 25: Angel was feeling around her pockets and self. The funds had run out and all that was left was to barter items for food and shelter. She reached into the inside left pocket of her coat and felt something and pulled it out. It was a good luck charm from Blue. Fuzz saw this and could hear the conversation in the background.

He turned with a smile and started having a conversation using his right hand a lot, and with it swinging he turned back around "run." Fuzz continued to talk again facing them and started to stand, he turned around "run."

Angel got up and ran for the door, there was one man near it. Fuzzy took his cup and tossed it, hitting the lantern next to the man and there was a flash of fluid igniting. The initial flare up was just dyeing down, when Angel reached the door and opened it running; Fuzzy following.
2/10 - 3:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
2/10 #5

I wish one of us had taken a video of it! Yes ..I have a witness! But I guess we were both too busy goin'.:shock::shock:

...do u mean me or Roadtrip? I'm in NV.

2/10 #4
I don't know how I'd react to a sight like that. I might take a cue from Monty Python and The Holy Grail and just "Run Away!"

Monty-Python.jpg

killer_rabbit_gif_by_renjikuchiki1-d3fjdsm.gif

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
TIOA Sns6 eps 26: Count had just reached the base of the rock formation, little rocks all around his feet. The travel would be hard the little COPYRIGHTDMCA giving way and making him slip. He had made it, the work against the element was nothing, the prize inside worth it. Water.

He was still very tired and fatigued but he needed one more good push to get there, a short little steep climb up nothing but sand... One slow careful foot at a time he scaled, reaching almost to the top he slipped and fell and started to slide..... Mmmmnnnn and stopped the slide.

Blue was following the cloud when another started to appear moving as well right beside the first. They both moved in unison down the hall side, by side. Blue could hear Angel and Darlin ahead.

2/10 - 4:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
TIOA Sns6 eps 27: Angel and Fuzzy continued to "run" the snow was fairly deep even where there were no drifts, this was hard work and the hard breathing came on fast. There was commotion behind them and fuzz looked back. He told Angel to keep going when he heard a new sound.

Almost stumbling as he looked back one more time he saw some horses and rider coming. Run he shouted. Angel fell into the snow face first and hair full of white as she got up, a white cloud appeared in front of her face often, and she started running again.

There was a new sound, but this time human. Run shouted Fuzzy. The crunch of the snow was loud some cracking of small branches as they started into the trees. The human voice again. It was almost familiar.

2/10 - 5:

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Apparently, I can't count today. I just went back and fixed my post. I had been off by one most of the day. So I'm trying Banyan Tree for the first time. I know it seems to be a sort of mystery flavor. So far I'm tasting a sort of buttery, caramely something. I haven't gotten any further than that yet, though. What's everyone else's take on it?

GolemGolem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Arkansas
2/10 #1

Yup, but the more annoying of these "noises" is because of my hearing aids. They work kinda like WiFi (a wireless remote can adjust either or both and when you manually push a button on one, it "radios" the other to also change). Therefore, they pick up on any EMR (electro-magnetic radiation - ALL electronic devices emit this to some degree) and present it as an annoying background noise (hiss, hum, clicks, beeps - depending on whether it is noise from a cheap motor, ultrasonic cleaner, etc.).
Yeah, that bugged my granddad to no end, he'd only put his in after a conversation started, drove my grandma nuts. Think spending my youth with my head literally pressed up against big PA monitors is going to get me a set before I'm my Dads age. I'm having a harder and harder time picking out speech from background noise. Oddly music is the one time where everything levels out right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread