• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wire Mail by FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Good old fasttech delivered my wire mail today:

IMG_20160210_114933_edit.jpg

I should be set for a bit! :)

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I figure you can never have too much of anything. I personally have a couple hundred feet of resistance wire and also over 3000 welded wires from FT. They came in a 100 pack and I ordered 5 or 6 packs with every order for Quite a while.

What are welded wires? Is this something I should be hoarding?

Good grief, I thought I was bad at hoarding. :)

I know, but I had to stop buying their Koh Gen Doh as I have 40 packets, which is probably a life times supply. Lol.

Orange stickers really irritate me. Usually they stick it in the worse spot possible and they do not come off. CHEERS!

Lol. I know I had to part peel a few with my finger nail just to see what gauge the wire was.

Then again if they had to train the warehouse staff not to stick them over important information (written in English) I think their prices would go up. Lol.

Reactions: wheelie

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
NR-R-NR wire, but never understood what it's for?

Is all Nichrome in this format? Why do the connections need to be NR wire?

When I first ordered it, a lot of DIYers were touting how good the nr r nr was and even building the wire welders for it. I saw that FT had it cheap so why build the welder. I used it and liked it. I am not into sub ohm so I don't know how it would work there. I have tried other wire as well as pre-made coils from FT and none of them deliver the flavor or vape as well as this wire does for me. I may just not be that good at building other coils but I build them all the same. I ordered so much of it because I expected about half the welds to break but in 2 years of using it I have only lost maybe 4 wires and the broken wire was all my mistakes. I clean the coil on my Kay Fun after about 20ml of juice by dry burning and brushing the coil with a pipe brush I got from FT (I never wash the coil). Each coil lasts an average of 3 months before I break it during the cleaning or wicking process.

I think that the main reason for nr r nr is to keep all the heat in the coils. I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread