rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I"ma telling Charlie.:p
cena-e1404220231457.jpg

Hey, I told Charlie years ago if'n he could ever get sumpin like that, he should go for it! LOL

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Hey, I told Charlie years ago if'n he could ever get sumpin like that, he should go for it! LOL
Me and my wife had the same discussion about Lita Ford. I had her blessing.
images

Saw her two years ago, talked to her, back stage..........

She looked like my Mother.:facepalm::censored:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Me and my wife had the same discussion about Lita Ford. I had her blessing.
images

Saw her two years ago, talked to her, back stage..........

She looked like my Mother.:facepalm::censored:

I say life's simply too short to not take advantage of the free pass if'n the 'right' opportunity comes up. Yes I do!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
@Vape360 - How does the vapor deposition coating compare to something like an anodized coating? I really like the look of the classic Cabernet red with the bronze finish, but I wonder about the durability of the finish. I have a couple of tanks (IBTanked) with anodized finishes that are brilliant and saturated with color that have held up really well, so if it's comparable, I guess I know which option I'll be choosing for my birthday next month. :D

Hello,

PVD coatings are very durable and hold up better than anodized parts based on our experience. This is the same process as zenkote. Maybe some customers that have a zenkote product can chime in with their experience. We have seen PVD put through some crazy tests and it still looks great.

You can also probably find some info online comparing the two, I just don't have all the technical details between the two. :)

Happy early birthday.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Is the Stealth coating on the Radius different than the Stealth P3? I have seen some pretty scratched up Stealth P3s with only pocket wear. Just curious because my GMZ is unblemished and I carry it out of it's leather holder when I'm not at work - In and out of wooden/plastic holders, in my pocket, bag, thrown on my desk...just wondering :)

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
cat-smiley.gif
I'm tempted to get one like this so it would coordinate with my cat. :D

View attachment 529829 View attachment 529830

View attachment 529831

I love love love your cat! You should totally do that!!

That's very funny, and that Radius config is really nice.

And to Sir Rod, thanks for your efforts.

You're most welcome. It was fun playing Game Show Host!

No purple???? Or did I miss it?

No, no purple, but you can get one with a Purple CZ button! I did! Mine's going to look like this:

Rod's Radius.jpg

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hello,

VPD coatings are very durable and hold up better than anodized parts based on our experience. This is the same process as zenkote. Maybe some customers that have a zenkote product can chime in with their experience. We have seen VPD put through some crazy tests and it still looks great.

You can also probably find some info online comparing the two, I just don't have all the technical details between the two. :)

Happy early birthday.
I'm confused on the coating. :unsure:
Provape site says vapor deposition coated.
Now there's PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) and CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition)
But you said VPD :unsure:
Did you mean VDP which is Vacuum Plasma Deposition?

Vacuum deposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I'm confused on the coating. :unsure:
Provape site says vapor deposition coated.
Now there's PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) and CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition)
But you said VPD :unsure:
Did you mean VDP which is Vacuum Plasma Deposition?

Vacuum deposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm betting it's incredibly durable. It's from Provape after all. I have a watch that is PVD coated and it's been banged around a lot and yet has yet to show any signs of losing the finish. It seems impervious to scratching. So my money's on this finish being equally, if not more durable.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I'm betting it's incredibly durable. It's from Provape after all. I have a watch that is PVD coated and it's been banged around a lot and yet has yet to show any signs of losing the finish. It seems impervious to scratching. So my money's on this finish being equally, if not more durable.
I just was wondering which one it is. :(

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Alright.... So.... I was disappointed by my own fault.... Lol. I had built it up so much...!

Now that the dust has settled, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to get rid of one of my two Radii, and purchase one of these.

Dang it. Now I gotta pick a color, and I'm leaning towards stealth... Aw it explains, the Stealth is now the first good (Zencoat strong) coat, followed by the typical ceramic black coating. Me likey the way that sounds!

Now which color to get rid of... Hmmmmmmmmmm

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Alright.... So.... I was disappointed by my own fault.... Lol. I had built it up so much...!

Now that the dust has settled, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to get rid of one of my two Radii, and purchase one of these.

Dang it. Now I gotta pick a color, and I'm leaning towards stealth... Aw it explains, the Stealth is now the first good (Zencoat strong) coat, followed by the typical ceramic black coating. Me likey the way that sounds!

Now which color to get rid of... Hmmmmmmmmmm

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk
Get rid of the Onyx! That way you'll have your Midnight, and still also have the black device need fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread