1 gallon plastic bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Might seem like a dumb question. I have some bases I need to mix. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy just 1 empty bottle, 1 gallon. That I can use as a mixing bottle. Everything is too small, or they want you to buy a case of them for like $150+ I just need 1 bottle for under $10 would be nice... Any idea's?

I have a used deionized water jug. I use that water for my car, but I don't think it's a good idea to use it. So Any suggestions would be nice. :)

Thanks

I would be a little concerned about what chemicals the cheaper plastic bottles might leach out.
Of course, if it's just for short term usage, it might not matter.

Basically it is just short term. I only have a little over 2 liters to mix up, shake up. I may leave it in there for a day or so and shake every so often. Than I will transfer it to smaller bottles. That was my plan anyway.

A gallon of juice???? I thought I was a chain vaper, but WOW!!!! Lol! Seriously though... Some vendors sell PG/VG in gallon containers at very reasonable prices. That might be a way to go. How much juice are you trying to make at once?

I have 2 liters to mix, but I need a container bigger than 2 liters to mix it. :)

I won't go through this anytime soon lol. It is like over a year supply for me lol. :p

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
2 liter soda bottle, I'd probably go with club soda were it me. Or if the neck on those is smaller than you want, go for a well washed out gallon orange juice jug, though I've never seen a clear plastic one of those.

You can get cheap burgundy wine in green gallon glass bottles. I've seen cheap white wine in the same jugs, only clear.

I've seen VG sold by the gallon. Use one of those.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Buy a 1 gallon bottle of distilled water for a dollar and there you have your jug. Do you drink milk if so buy a gallon jug of milk.

Hello...my thoughts exactly, too! :)

By the way, @Hans Wermhat, about this:
Not much out there for cheap. This is an HDPE bottle. I'd normally suggest LDPE, but it could work. I wouldn't store in it though. I'd break it up into smaller bottles.

Anything HDPE is a higher quality, more expensive material, that has better chemical resistance, and is more suitable for sampling and storage of sensitive materials than LDPE. It also has these Temp. Ratings: minimum continuous -148 degrees F to maximum continuous heated 230 degrees F. Anytime I can buy HDPE bottles, labware, etc. for anywhere near the lower price of LDPE...I buy it!

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Example of the above from a national company that sells bottles, vials, test tube racks, etc., etc. mainly to the laboratory, medical, scientific fields:
Amber HDPE 150mL (5oz.) bottles with screw-on caps - normally sold as a case of 72 for $161.81 = $2.25 each bottle. I buy their overstocks by the case for 75 cents per bottle. The same bottle, but in 250mL (8oz.) is normally sold as a case of 72 for $187.34 = $2.62 each bottle. I buy those for $1.00 per bottle. I know I'm getting a much higher quality bottle for about same price as the lower quality LDPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread