Hello from South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
I just got a Kangertech SUBOX Nano. It's set to 25 watts to begin. Hopefully it will be just what I need to stay away from cigs. What about you?

A lot of people have great success with that set up.

I'm using several different mods and attys - spent all the money I would have spent on tobacco on vaping, lol.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Thank you!! Im a nursing student so I can't smell like gross cig smoke. I'm excited and wary at the same time.
lol - a prudent approach :)

feel free to ask questions, as needed - the subox is a regulated device, with good safety features and fairly versatile - that is a good setup to start with, lots of options

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
3mg nic level may be a little light for starters, having been a PAD smoker - but you'll have to see if it is working for you - essentially, using that sub ohm coil the 3mg will 'hit' like a 6mg juice on a plus ohm (1.0 ohm or higher) coil... may want to get a bottle of same flavor in 6mg in case you get some strong cravings and feel the need to 'crank up the volume' a little, though i would not go higher than 6mg nic on a .5ohm coil at this point

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hi all. I'm newish to vaping. My last cigarette was today so wish me luck! I began with a basic pen model and reverted after not getting the same effect as with cigarettes. I'm trying again with a new style and just looking for help and support along the journey.

Welcome, congratulations and good luck! If you have any issues along the way, there are plenty of people here who want to help you. My best advice is if you're not able to be satisfied vaping, ask questions here. I loved vaping from the start, but my e juice didn't have enough nicotine in it to satisfy my cravings, so I kept smoking a few analogs a day. When I talked to the owner of a vape shop about it he advised me to up my nic content to 18 mg. Once I did that, I never wanted an analog again. It's easy to make the switch once you have the right tools.

Reactions: steam heat

steam heat

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
I started with a subox mini ( the Lil bit bigger version of what you have) and it has worked great for me. I have since upgraded to larger devices . kanger makes good quality products and has been in the. Vape biz. Since the beginning. You have started off with a good device, if you feel like you are still having cravings don't hesitate to try some 6 mg juice.

Reactions: Ablonz

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you!! Im a nursing student so I can't smell like gross cig smoke. I'm excited and wary at the same time.

LOL, I remember stressing out about the smell. I worked at a very large hospital and Id bring a canister of Febreeze in my bag to "deoderize" myself as not to offend.

But I found quite a lot of health care workers ( nurses, doctors and techs) hiding out in the shadows on smoke breaks.

We're here to help. COngrats on your new start.

Reactions: dcfluegel

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Futurern Hello and welcome to the forums!!! Congratulations on making the switch. I would like to suggest 2 possibly get a second tank with some 6 mg as to help out in those stressed times as you may want to grab a smoke. Just take a couple puffs of that and it should help out. Do not beat yourself up if you have an occasional smoke here or there. It's the ones you don't smoke that count. Some people can quit right away, some take longer. I myself needed to dual use for 3 and a half months personally. Hope this helps. Like above mentioned, any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Happy Vaping!!!:vapor:

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
So this is quite probably a stupid question but how will I know if it's "working" for me?
You will be smoking less. ;) You will find out that it does take more time to vape and feel satisfied because it is not like traditional instant hit of so called satisfaction. It is absorbed differently than smoke. Here is a good read for you for starters. Hope it helps. Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette PS. the only stupid question is the one not asked ;)

Reactions: steam heat

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So this is quite probably a stupid question but how will I know if it's "working" for me?
If you don't have much of a desire to smoke.

I'm with some of the other folks here, 3mg sounds very low. That would not have been effective for me. There were times I needed 24. Ok, that was on the relatively lame gear of 2+ years ago, but still...

Reactions: Ablonz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread