Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
I just got a Uwell Crown tank last week, and while I like the quality, design and the airflow is unbelievable...no problems with leaking...I am having the same issue I had with my Freemax Starre, funky taste. Yes, coils are broken in according to all of the expert advice, but it just has a weird hint of burnt rubber or machine oil taste. I have this same issue with the Starre tank. I go back to my Subtanks with the vertical coils, and great taste is back, right out of the gate. Granted, the Kangers have less airflow, but there is plenty for me. Something is up with those coils...I get much better and consistent flavor from the subtank's at half the wattage.

jwbrint

May 26, 2012
Addison, TX
Try using one of your old coils o-ring on the new coil. I had the same problem and it work for me. Worth a try..

I don't have any of my old coils laying around but I did just order a couple of new tanks and a new set of coils that should be here this week. I'll compare those coils with the one I'm using right now.

Reactions: BoostAddict

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
actually this is outstanding. my leak was because i had the temp and watts unrealistically high. 600/180. went to 500/100 and it is really probably the best tank yet. not leaking now. the only issue is it gobbles the juice. the taste is worth it. recent kanger/aspire cannot compete with this taste or production. production is not really my thing but amazingly it is close to tfv4 kanthal quad on ni200! the tank is actually pretty great. getting another one right now.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    actually this is outstanding. my leak was because i had the temp and watts unrealistically high. 600/180. went to 500/100 and it is really probably the best tank yet. not leaking now. the only issue is it gobbles the juice. the taste is worth it. recent kanger/aspire cannot compete with this taste or production. production is not really my thing but amazingly it is close to tfv4 kanthal quad on ni200! the tank is actually pretty great. getting another one right now.
    Some video reviews of the Aspire Cleito sound good, so I am giving that one a try. The Crown is the best sub ohm I've used to date though.

Reactions: Mowgli

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    To be fair, after my above post, I tried a new pack of Crown coils and they are performing much better than my first pack...be sure to prime these coils with lots of juice!!
    Yeah, just catching up on the thread, I was going to reply to your other post to suggest trying a new coil/batch of coils. I've gotten some bad ones that just taste funky out of the gate, or shortly there afterward.

Kira`

Feb 10, 2016
    To be fair, after my above post, I tried a new pack of Crown coils and they are performing much better than my first pack...be sure to prime these coils with lots of juice!!
    Glad to hear that, i will have to pick up a new pack of coils and hope it was the same problem. I just got mine in the other day. I keep getting this weird funky flavor , Hard to really explain. So i did some research read around everything on the coils an i primed them right and everything and read they take a few tanks to really break in. I ran about 5-7 tanks through the .25 coil and still just getting this funky ... taste. I can taste my liquid but I am also getting that odd taste with it as well. So i switched to the .5 and still the same thing. Its wicking fine and running perfect. Everything about the tank is perfect besides this issue which is obviously very discouraging. thought maybe it was the juice so I threw it in my scylla and it was fine in that. Guess maybe the coils that came with it are just no good and I will have to try a new pack

Edit** I am actually now thinking its the juice. The juice has a really funky aroma to it. Which is weird since it was amazing when i first got it and now after more then a week of steeping it smells and tastes worse .hmmm

Last edited:

Kira`

Feb 10, 2016
    Really making sure that the cotton is fully saturated when priming the coil, and then gradually increasing the wattage when starting to use a new coil did the trick for me. .5 and .25 coils are working great for me now...not sure yet on longevity, as I haven't had the tank long enough yet.
    yeah i did make sure to do that, i think it was just the juice not sure what went wrong with it. but get anopther batch shipped in tmmrw so should be all set! :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I have whined about my Crown tanks being leaky as hell for a couple of months and I just noticed that one of my RBAs is likely screwed up. The top cap seems to fit on the base/deck tight but after a bit of use it becomes super loose. This is definately the main reason my one (black) Crown leaks.

Not that I now trust Crowns not to ever leak, but if you check the RBA as well as o-rings, that should solve the majority of the leaking problems.

The Crown would be the perfect tank IMO if it wasn't so finicky!:)

nic_fix

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    i thought perhaps the herakles was an upgrade. couple folks told me it is actually sort of a downgrade. not sure exactly how. are the 1 coil or 2? filling looks good. i actually got my crown screwed together way to tight just screwing it on mods. required pliers. in a rag of course. black finish is hard thats good to know. it is not leaking. i just had it up way too high and charred the cotton causing it not to absord. i cannot compete with tfv4 clouds now but i am at 520/110 plus small tweaks in preheat etc. it works fine. however i have ran into coils that have tasted funky too. even at reasonable temp/watt.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    now mine is not wicking just burning the cotton. tried three coils. maybe all bad batch. it can't really be anything other than the coil. the airflow is right.
    Mine do that sometimes.
    I poke through the holes and down from the top to the side holes and rough up the surface with a map pin.
    That clears things up for another 30ml or so. I do that until they're too far gone.

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    I have 2 Black Crowns, Great Tanks. Neither of mine have ever leaked.
    I only fill from the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had 3 until I Vaped one forward, still use the two. Only time they ever leaked was either bad gasket or when I messed up the wicking on the RBA. I always use the top fill.

I love my Crowns for the reason of great flavor and top fill, I won't buy a tank without it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread