Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
As far as I'm concerned, this whole scene is a scene because of CH.

We'd all be trading divo's and cyclones (not that there's anything wrong with that) if it weren't for the fish. Instead, we have riches beyond the dreams of avarice.

Stumpy or NaRDA? Hmmm... Ferrari or Maserati? Choices, choices :) It's like I have a whole garage of exotics at my disposal thanks to this thread.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Doc:
Please disregard the price if you are on the last list.
AERONAUT RDA Bottom Feed by Catfish
The price if you are on the catfish list from weeks ago the price was posted with that list.

Could someone bump the list? Those people get first dibs on these 6 I will get more.

Please do me a favor: if you still want an Aeronaut please fill out the doc. It has a choice for FB or ECF. It looks like the Aeronaut might just be a viable run after all. It just needed to steep.... These are selling fast. This means you Hildecat and EZ.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I love the comparative input so much!! I feel it's one of the reasons we're all here;)
As to this Catfish character...I'm so glad I met him. He's been a tremendous source of knowledge saving many of us lots of unnecessary expense :eek: Big thank you and I hope all here appreciate him for the advances he's brought about in this industry :thumb:
What's awesome about ECF vs FB is I develop a personal relationship with most of you and I get to know what you like and don't like. When all of the planets align I will warn you that this may not be a great atty for you.. However there are a few of you that are just so all over the map I just can't say but I will still try. DB would be a prime example. But as they say variety is the spice. This is the beauty of my business model; I'm not stuck with anything or any one brand, if it works well I will try to get as many as I can, if not I don't order from them anymore. Simple right? That's how I like to keep it. I never want to be in the position where I have to "Push" a crappy atty that I don't truly believe in. When I was doing clones I hated having to do that. Now if it arrives "Crap" it gets sent back. If you think I'm tough to deal with here try being a modder that sends me sub standard attys. I'm almost certain I made the guy from JDTech cry real man tears.... Some folks just don't have the stomach for this.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Does anyone here have an Origen Little 16 atty? I'm sure with all the squonker aficionados that someone does. Anyway, how does it vape?
I had 2 of them, they were nice but I could never get the heat/humidity balance that I like. I like a wetttt vape without spit back. The Origen went from dry and flavorful to a spitting cobra no matter how I built it.

That said if you prefer more of a cyclone with afc vape with a lot less leakage the O16 might be your cup of tea. I didn't hate it, it just wasn't quite right for me.

Last edited:

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
...I'm sure some folks tried the NarDA and thought "Meh, it's okay but what's all the fuss about?"

Long time lurker here coming out of the shadows for a little help. I'm not quite getting the Narda. Tried a single coil clapton at 0.5 and a dual 2mm 26g at 0.33 on a mech. All I'm getting is air and a hint of flavor. Is it my build or are my expectations just too primed from all the reviews? What are your favorite builds on this?

Thanks all!

EDIT: I'm a lung hitter and my standard build is a dual 2.5mm 26g at 0.33 if that helps :)

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I had 2 of them, they were nice but I could never get the heat/humidity balance that I like. I like a wetttt vape without spit back. The Origen went from dry and flavorful to a spitting cobra no matter how I built it.

That said if you prefer more of a cyclone with afc vape with a lot less leakage the O16 might be your cup of tea. I didn't hate it, it just wasn't quite right for me.
You know what's stupid? I bought a BF Cyclone from the classies, never even built it and then sold it away. I mean I came out even so no loss but I look back and all I can do is :facepalm: It probably would've been right up my alley.

I was definitely intrigued by the Origen 16 but I, too, prefer more of a wet vape minus the spit back. Not sure now.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Long time lurker here coming out of the shadows for a little help. I'm not quite getting the Narda. Tried a single coil clapton at 0.5 and a dual 2mm 26g at 0.33 on a mech. All I'm getting is air and a hint of flavor. Is it my build or are my expectations just too primed from all the reviews? What are your favorite builds on this?

Thanks all!

EDIT: I'm a lung hitter and my standard build is a dual 2.5mm 26g at 0.33 if that helps :)
Hmmm. Every build I've tried in the NarDA has worked well for me. I currently have a single Clapton at 1 ohm (yep, 1 ohm) and it's vaping quite well. I position my coil reasonably high. I can only see the bottom 1/4 of the coil when I look through the air holes. Also, when I wick I fluff up each of the tails then, eyeballing it, make a cut about in the middle of each tail. I don't cut all the way to coil. I go about 3/4 from the end of the tail toward the coil. Then I tuck one half of each tail around the screw on each side. I keep the deck under the coil completely free of wick and push the wicks away from the air holes as much as possible. Works for me.

slightlystoop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015

Thanks all!

I didn't like the narda until I put a dual n80 build 2.5mm coming out too.25 at 50/60watts. Now it's my favorite now mind you the dual was especially challenging for me with my disability in my hand but after all the hard work I've found a great atty. Don't give up on it like I almost did, but if you do please pm me and I'll buy it from you

Reactions: kingdal

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013

Thanks all!

Advice: try a 2.5 or 3mm single Z coil. On a mech you will have to play with the gauge of wire and the number of wraps to get it perfect. Mine live on the dna200 prototypes and I find them exceptional at 49-55 watts. Beyond that is a little harsh.

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA

Thanks all!

24awg Kanthal, ~2.6mm spaced Z coil, 0.51 ohms. Very moist.

j83srKJ.jpg

kROgUhl.jpg

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Advice: try a 2.5 or 3mm single Z coil. On a mech you will have to play with the gauge of wire and the number of wraps to get it perfect. Mine live on the dna200 prototypes and I find them exceptional at 49-55 watts. Beyond that is a little harsh.

I am so saving this atty for that!!!! Can't :censored: wait...more pics?

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
As far as I'm concerned, this whole scene is a scene because of CH.

We'd all be trading divo's and cyclones (not that there's anything wrong with that) if it weren't for the fish. Instead, we have riches beyond the dreams of avarice.

Stumpy or NaRDA? Hmmm... Ferrari or Maserati? Choices, choices :) It's like I have a whole garage of exotics at my disposal thanks to this thread.

Can't like this enough!!! :thumb::thumb:

Mrrickyyap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
San Francisco, California
3a907a19266b33a5c0b5053f0ab324ad.jpg

7 wraps of ti wire @ .2ohms. I loving it. Yes it is true, the draw is tight. But still able to take lung hits with no problem. It's like 1.5 air holes on both sides of a stumpy. While I normally Vape with 3 holes on both sides of a stumpy, I'm not complaining one bit. this NarDA is a keeper for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Love these catfish atty discussions they are wonderful :)

You freaks are family to me.

Whoever asked, I use the VZ SC gourmet chocolate truffle flavoring. It is great in food and drink. Tastes good as an eliquid too though in my recollection it steeps into a nightmare. I'm vapjng on it some but flavors making me nauteous these days...oh how our bodies change :w00t:

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Love these catfish atty discussions they are wonderful :)

You freaks are family to me.

Whoever asked, I use the VZ SC gourmet chocolate truffle flavoring. It is great in food and drink. Tastes good as an eliquid too though in my recollection it steeps into a nightmare. I'm vapjng on it some but flavors making me nauteous these days...oh how our bodies change :w00t:
While I may not like the Stumpy as much as you, that was a nice video. I liked the dry humor and no BS approach. Kudos.

Also I'm still working through that giant bottle of Radioactive I bought from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread