Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
The thought has certainly occurred to me. But from what I can tell from pretty hi-rez photos and video, mine looks identical to everyone else's. So I'm still pretty sure it's user error!

Its possible you got a defective one I suppose, it happens. Hopefully you can get it sorted out, have somebody else with MT/Mutank experience give it a go, if it still leaks, I'd say you got a bum atty.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Heh, I've got nothing nice to say. I've tried at least twice each day to wick my Mutank using your methods, other methods mentioned here, methods I've seen on yootoob, etc. I was starting to think maybe I was missing an o-ring or a seal, or maybe one of mine is just....bad. I don't know.

I'm going to need to physically sit down with someone and let them school me one-on-one, in meatspace.
I had a bad leaking problem for about 3 weeks while I experimented with wicking. The flavor and vapor was great but I couldn't completely stop the damn leaking. Reading all the posts and especially @suprtrkr, I got most of the leaking behind me now. What I get now is a misting on the top of my mod, but no actually leaking. I am now using Rayon tightly in the coil and about a 2mm rope of Pima cotton behind the air hole and both feeding through the 4 juice feeding holes. I do tuck them in a bit after screwing down the chimney. I am trimming the tails, but not as much as I would with other attys. The key is not to push in too much or it will reduce the wicking or airflow. It seems to be working for me but still have misting out the air intake holes on the top of the mod. Maybe an coil adjustment in height above the 2 airflow holes is in order. I am using 2 24ga 7 wrap spaced Ti coils around a 6-32 screw.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I had a bad leaking problem for about 3 weeks while I experimented with wicking. The flavor and vapor was great but I couldn't completely stop the damn leaking. Reading all the posts and especially @suprtrkr, I got most of the leaking behind me now. What I get now is a misting on the top of my mod, but no actually leaking. I am now using Rayon tightly in the coil and about a 2mm rope of Pima cotton behind the air hole and both feeding through the 4 juice feeding holes. I do tuck them in a bit after screwing down the chimney. I am trimming the tails, but not as much as I would with other attys. The key is not to push in too much or it will reduce the wicking or airflow. It seems to be working for me but still have misting out the air intake holes on the top of the mod. Maybe an coil adjustment in height above the 2 airflow holes is in order. I am using 2 24ga 7 wrap spaced Ti coils around a 6-32 screw.
I get mist on top of the mod too. If you figure out how to beat that do, by all means, let me know. Really, though, I think it's a natural byproduct of the incredible airflow. The air channels are huge, and that's part of the price. Vapor is heavier than air, so any left in the chamber at the end of the draw settles down the air holes to the vents; as it cools, it condenses. Could try letting the button go while still inhaling, but big coils take a while to cool, and the timing is tricky.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I get mist on top of the mod too. If you figure out how to beat that do, by all means, let me know. Really, though, I think it's a natural byproduct of the incredible airflow. The air channels are huge, and that's part of the price. Vapor is heavier than air, so any left in the chamber at the end of the draw settles down the air holes to the vents; as it cools, it condenses. Could try letting the button go while still inhaling, but big coils take a while to cool, and the timing is tricky.
I tried everything I could think of to get rid of that and couldn't. It's definitely a natural thing that can't be beat, my tfv4 does the same thing too

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
That is a kind and generous offer! And I may yet take you up on it! If I make no headway at my local shop, I'll PM you for the address and stuff. I will, of course, send you some things to keep for yourself as a token of my appreciation.

If not, mail me the silly thing and I'll have a smack at it :)

Reactions: suprtrkr

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I finally got this damm tfv4 Clapton deck to wick the right way with the stock coil in it. This thing was aggravating to say the least. My first rta was the aromamizer then the MT rta and now the tfv4.

I can't lie with the single Clapton coil stock build it sucks at 50 watts, dry hit central. If I run it at 45 watts and take a long hit it provides a bunch of vapor but its not enough. I'm gonna see if I can put a big ole 3mm Clapton in it and push the wattage a little more.

On another note I did nail a strawberry cheesecake, strawberry yogurt and chocolate milk juice this week. I'm more happy about that then the tfv4 being wicked right...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm still trying to deal with DHL over the Alleria, and I'm throwing in the towel. I've had 9 phone conversations with them, and they are the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. They just sent it to the wrong delivery center for the tenth time, and the status says to contact them. At 5pm they promised me for the second time they would get it right today, then immediately turned around and screwed up again.

On the bright side I nailed a Boston Cream Cheesecake that's awesome.

dshuld

Jan 7, 2016
That is a kind and generous offer! And I may yet take you up on it! If I make no headway at my local shop, I'll PM you for the address and stuff. I will, of course, send you some things to keep for yourself as a token of my appreciation.

Sorry I've been absent lately bought a new house so was moving and still trying to unpack. I dont use rayon but out of curiosity, did you change the thin o ring one the rba head for the thicker one off the prebuilt yet?

Reactions: zipflint

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'm still trying to deal with DHL over the Alleria, and I'm throwing in the towel. I've had 9 phone conversations with them, and they are the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. They just sent it to the wrong delivery center for the tenth time, and the status says to contact them. At 5pm they promised me for the second time they would get it right today, then immediately turned around and screwed up again.

On the bright side I nailed a Boston Cream Cheesecake that's awesome.
Wow, you've been struggling with them all week. Hopefully you get your Alleria soon, that one looks kind of fun with the glass evaporation chamber and all.

Reactions: suprtrkr

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, I have a feeling everytime I look at that Alleria (assuming it ever arrives) I'm going to think of DHL, and the never ending phone calls. Today they called to tell me they gave it a new tracking number, and to give me a direct way to contact the person assigned to my case. I'm guessing this is going into next week now. I said maybe you should just take it to the PO :confused:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Yeah, I have a feeling everytime I look at that Alleria (assuming it ever arrives) I'm going to think of DHL, and the never ending phone calls. Today they called to tell me they gave it a new tracking number, and to give me a direct way to contact the person assigned to my case. I'm guessing this is going into next week now. I said maybe you should just take it to the PO :confused:
lol.

Reactions: roxynoodle

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Uh, no I have not done that. That sounds like a potential solution though! I like it! Next time I fool with it, I will swap those o-rings for sure! Thanks for the tip!

Sorry I've been absent lately bought a new house so was moving and still trying to unpack. I dont use rayon but out of curiosity, did you change the thin o ring one the rba head for the thicker one off the prebuilt yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread