Aspire Kanthal 1.2ohm coils - rubbish on Nauti Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I asked for the regular 1.8ohm BVC coils with the white rings on - as they had been selling me the 1.8 BVC ones with the orange coloured rings on and they were too harsh on my CF4 with 50PG50VG.

They have now mistakenly sold me the 1.2ohm Klapton coils 15-20w.

I have to push them all the way to 20W and still the vape is rubbish compared to the regular 1.8 original BVC coils at 15W. It really struggles to get vaping at any lower than 20W and I'm worried if I go over 20W it will burn out.

I guess all I can do is bin the coil and try and find a place that will sell me what used to work - the original 1.8 ohm BVC coils.

Any ideas what is going on? I'm sure this is a mini Triton coil, the specs say they can be used in the Nautilus tanks also, but it is just nor working for me

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I've just pushed it up to 22W and it's vaping better. Shame though as I like the 1.8's at 15W - this way I just go through more liquid and battery.

Oh well, just use this one and then make sure I check my next purchase really are the originals before walking out store rather than trusting I got what I asked for. This is the 3rd time I've asked for '2 Nautilus Mini 1.8ohm regular coils' and gotten either the ones with the orange rings or now the 1.2ohm Triton mini coil....

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah it's vaping better at 24W, but is not the nice cool vape with lots of vapor I get off the originals at 15W, it's hotter and the vapour production is just not as good.

I do not recommend anything but the standard 1.8 original BVC's with the nautilus mini, on a non temp control, normal VV/VW device like the coolfire 4, just doesn't work well..

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
Hotwire's got some hotwire :)

I've had the same issue, except I stopped at 17W and threw it in the bin :) It's not really designed for tight draw MTL vaping as it has too big of a coil diameter. I posted my experience here:

The 1.2 TM head has like 4x the airflow of the Nautilus. I'm in no doubt it works when direct lung hitting or when you take a quick and hard MTL draw. But when you're on an unhurried tight draw there is just no way to fill that coil with enough air to transport the vapor off the coils and cool them.

I have not spent much time at all with the 1.2 TM head and most likely won't ever touch it again. I primed it, took primer puffs with closed afc until bubbles rise, let it soak and started vaping. 8W nothing... 9W nothing, 10... 11... 12... 13... 14... nothing, nothing, nothing... 15W something is happening... 16W it does indeed do something... 17W it's picking up... no wait, hot and harsh, meh

I know from the Nautiluses they need a little to break in, but when I have to run a head at 17W and only get the slightest vapor, but it's hot and harsh, I know it is not meant for my style of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread