Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Got my third Griffin today ...yes I like it that much lol ...but this one the juice control spins so easily with little or no effort? Did I do something wrong? Missing oring? My other 2 are great? Thanks?

Same problem with mine, spins wayyyyyyy too loosely. That and the juice control holes don't line up very well. Like one will be lined up perfect but the other three will be up to a third off. Other than that I do like it, it's #3 in my collection of favorite tanks. First is VCMT 25mm, close second is Hannya RTA and then comes the Griffin.

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
Same problem with mine, spins wayyyyyyy too loosely. That and the juice control holes don't line up very well. Like one will be lined up perfect but the other three will be up to a third off. Other than that I do like it, it's #3 in my collection of favorite tanks. First is VCMT 25mm, close second is Hannya RTA and then comes the Griffin.
Inspect your juice holes in good light, I thought I had the same problem, but it turns out that they're wider than I thought, you don't want to line them up so you see a black hole through them, but rather the metal on the back of the channels, give it a try, also improved my wicking a ton!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Inspect your juice holes in good light, I thought I had the same problem, but it turns out that they're wider than I thought, you don't want to line them up so you see a black hole through them, but rather the metal on the back of the channels, give it a try, also improved my wicking a ton!

It's so funny you mention this, I noticed this on mine yesterday. It was driving my OCD wild until I figured it out.

Reactions: RAWRferal

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Well, so much for this thing replacing my Billow v2. It was wicking great. Now, no matter what I do, dry hit city. I thought it was because of the ring working itself loose. No dice.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I haven't received mine yet, but is it cold where you are by chance?

I know when I was using my aromamizer outside during "smoke breaks" it was awful, Thick VG and cold weather are a bad combo.

I would assume you mean indoors, but you never know. :)

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
What size vcmt did you get? I almost got one of those but chose the griffin instead. Wish i woulda got it..

Had the same problem with mine today. No matter how I wicked it, it wouldn't keep up. I noticed that the juice channel ring had worked it's way up about a 1/4. It didn't look like that would have a huge impact on the wicking. But it did. Tightened down and it's back to keeping up with my chain vaping. This might not be the culprit to your dilemma. But it's worth a look.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Checked it out and although it was loose all the way down still had a problem. I'm going to try it with the ring out.
One thing I thought of a while ago and should have asked: is there an o-ring between the fill cap (top of the glass) and the top cap?

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
Checked it out and although it was loose all the way down still had a problem. I'm going to try it with the ring out.
One thing I thought of a while ago and should have asked: is there an o-ring between the fill cap (top of the glass) and the top cap?
In response to the oring question, no. Because the fill cap doesn't make contact with the glass, the top chimney section does. Which has an oring ☺

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
Is the juice control ring removable? The tank on mine spins way too freely and if I could fix it id love to. I couldn't see a way to remove it, just keeps spinning freely.
I don't think so, seems integrated into the base, having said that I haven't tried to remove it so YMMV.

Curious, when you say spinning freely, is it turning without any input from you? Mine turns quite easily, but doesn't spin in my pocket or bag. I actually quite like the tolerance, allows me to close it off quickly when I'm moving off for extra peace of mind, even though I still can't get it to leak if I tried!

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I don't think so, seems integrated into the base, having said that I haven't tried to remove it so YMMV.

Curious, when you say spinning freely, is it turning without any input from you? Mine turns quite easily, but doesn't spin in my pocket or bag. I actually quite like the tolerance, allows me to close it off quickly when I'm moving off for extra peace of mind, even though I still can't get it to leak if I tried!

It takes very little force to move it. It's especially annoying when I'm filling. I have to hold the tank tight otherwise the juice holes open up. I also have a tendency to throw it in my pocket on the mod and always grab it from the tank, making it spin as I pull it out.

It's my own subjective con, and the ONLY con I have on this tank.

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
It takes very little force to move it. It's especially annoying when I'm filling. I have to hold the tank tight otherwise the juice holes open up. I also have a tendency to throw it in my pocket on the mod and always grab it from the tank, making it spin as I pull it out.

It's my own subjective con, and the ONLY con I have on this tank.
Seems like the tolerances vary wildly between batches then, at least its not as tight as a .... like the Cthulhu v2, man that was a PITA. Hopefully they'll find a happy medium and fix it.

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
well acording to picture it does:
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3.../Griffin2__07338.1451107723.1280.1280.png?c=2

I think I spotted it on my black Griffin. I didn't want to tempt fate and rip it while trying to remove it. I did notice that my top cap wasn't completely seated. Maybe that's it.
Sorry you said between the glass and the top cap, neither of those parts meet! But yes on closer inspection there is an oring between the top of the chimney and top cap on mine too lol.

Maybe that is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread