Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
So, I was looking at the provape site at the new colors thinking "nice! Too bad I already have 3 others..." My wife walks in my office when I had stealth metal with snakeskin body up. She said " that's pretty cool! Want it for Valentine's day?" After clicking "confirm order" I received 2 emails. One from provape thanking me for paying off their mortgage in the last month, and one from my wife. Hers had a link to a really nice, really expensive necklace.
Well played, honey....well played.

That's amazing!

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Ok, but see, the original is so much better, from what I read on here. I have to believe it, given who makes it and the level of excellent customer service from HOH. If you don't like the clone, it doesn't mean you won't like the real one and you could be screwing yourself royally out of what a lot of people consider the best tank (I concur) made yet.

Completely agree with this, but for attys over $100, I'm curious to at least handle something that's close to see if I get along with it. I know it may leak, or have other weird issues (being a clone and all), but if I like the concept after actually living with it, then I'm more than willing to shell out for the authentic. This is how I bought my kayfun v4, my Erlkonigin and my Velocity. Tried the clones, decided I wanted the real deal. And as I expected, in every case, the real deal was significantly better than the clone.

I've just been bit by too many "must have" tanks that to me, were underwhelming. I look at buying a clone as a test drive. I figure out what I like, I figure out what I don't like, I research whether the original has the same issues in my dislike column and then make an educated decision. But that's just me.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Didn't discourage buying the fake, this reply.
My apologies Gin. I misinterpreted your post. :oops:

So cool of you! Thanks!
Check it out, notice I wrote, "this reply." ;)

I'm curious, do you have the P3 or the 510? What don't you like about it? Not trying to start anything, just want to have a conversation with a fellow vaper. The only one I know is my wife, Jackie.

There are aspects of it I'm not fond of, such as only 3ml capacity, O-rings instead if the simplicity of the Nautilus, and having to carry a Allen wrench in my wallet. But geez, the flavor! Those aspects all play into the flavor and the fact of it being American made and the customer service is just a phone call away (and lifetime warranty, Zen's life anyway). Yes, my opinion.

I shouldn't bring this up as it will look political, but....
I also get the expensive part. American made stuff is typically more expensive due to paying our people a decent living wage and our stuff is typically better built with warranties and customer service second to none. You see, if everything was still made here, we'd all have decent jobs and could afford it. Well, way more of us, anyway. It would be a snowball effect, the opposite of what has happened with our jobs going to other places.

I get that doesn't help the people, now, who can't afford it. Everyone has to do their own thing in their time, in their own way.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So cool of you! Thanks!
Check it out, notice I wrote, "this reply." ;)

I'm curious, do you have the P3 or the 510? What don't you like about it? Not trying to start anything, just want to have a conversation with a fellow vaper. The only one I know is my wife, Jackie.

There are aspects of it I'm not fond of, such as only 3ml capacity, O-rings instead if the simplicity of the Nautilus, and having to carry a Allen wrench in my wallet. But geez, the flavor! Those aspects all play into the flavor and the fact of it being American made and the customer service is just a phone call away (and lifetime warranty, Zen's life anyway). Yes, my opinion.

I shouldn't bring this up as it will look political, but....
I also get the expensive part. American made stuff is typically more expensive due to paying our people a decent living wage and our stuff is typically better built with warranties and customer service second to none. You see, if everything was still made here, we'd all have decent jobs and could afford it. Well, way more of us, anyway. It would be a snowball effect, the opposite of what has happened with our jobs going to other places.

I get that doesn't help the people, now, who can't afford it. Everyone has to do their own thing in their time, in their own way.

LIKE!
th

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Completely agree with this, but for attys over $100, I'm curious to at least handle something that's close to see if I get along with it. I know it may leak, or have other weird issues (being a clone and all), but if I like the concept after actually living with it, then I'm more than willing to shell out for the authentic. This is how I bought my Kayfun v4, my Erlkonigin and my Velocity. Tried the clones, decided I wanted the real deal. And as I expected, in every case, the real deal was significantly better than the clone.

I've just been bit by too many "must have" tanks that to me, were underwhelming. I look at buying a clone as a test drive. I figure out what I like, I figure out what I don't like, I research whether the original has the same issues in my dislike column and then make an educated decision. But that's just me.

Well, God bless you then, hope you like the clone! :D

When I first heard about, "the American made e-cig for around $200" back in 2012, I DID NOT want to spend that much on a "e-cig." Literally, I spent 2 whole solid daze on the internet (here mostly) doing research. Jackie wanted to kill me. The only bad things I could find about it in two whole daze was, "it's expensive" and "heavy." I had beads of sweat on my forehead as I hit the ENTER button to purchase.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
So, I was looking at the provape site at the new colors thinking "nice! Too bad I already have 3 others..." My wife walks in my office when I had stealth metal with snakeskin body up. She said " that's pretty cool! Want it for Valentine's day?" After clicking "confirm order" I received 2 emails. One from provape thanking me for paying off their mortgage in the last month, and one from my wife. Hers had a link to a really nice, really expensive necklace.
Well played, honey....well played.
Your wife

edl-107-dancing-01.gif

Me

tumblr_nkktqlnmP11tq4of6o1_500.gif

You

images

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Completely agree with this, but for attys over $100, I'm curious to at least handle something that's close to see if I get along with it. I know it may leak, or have other weird issues (being a clone and all), but if I like the concept after actually living with it, then I'm more than willing to shell out for the authentic. This is how I bought my Kayfun v4, my Erlkonigin and my Velocity. Tried the clones, decided I wanted the real deal. And as I expected, in every case, the real deal was significantly better than the clone.

Sounds kinda like my earlier dating days...

LOLz, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Tn
How long are y'all getting vape time off a full charge?
I will be mostly running a 28ga micro coil around 1ohm. I think the diameter is around 1/8". I use a small nail from a picture hanging kit.:lol:
Just got some questions. I'm gonna place an order for a Radius as soon as I can.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I will be mostly running a 28ga micro coil around 1ohm. I think the diameter is around 1/8". I use a small nail from a picture hanging kit.:lol:
Just got some questions. I'm gonna place an order for a Radius as soon as I can.

You'll get less time out of the battery than I do with my setup. I vape all day long from 7:00 AM until I go to bed about 11:30 PM and I can get two days out of the battery. But I'm running at 1.6 ohm and 9.8 watts. I actually charge nightly while I sleep so I don't ever have to worry about plugging in during the day, ever.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

About a day for a 0.5Ω coil at 15W.

Tinben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Tn
I don't think I could let something charge at night. I worry about battery fires. I have went to sleep and forgot batteries were on charge. I might be a tad bit ocd/anxious. I guess depending on my setup will make a difference on battery life. Maybe I could run around 1.5. I don't run high wattage either.

JD53

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Bloomington, Illinois
I don't think I could let something charge at night. I worry about battery fires. I have went to sleep and forgot batteries were on charge. I might be a tad bit ocd/anxious. I guess depending on my setup will make a difference on battery life. Maybe I could run around 1.5. I don't run high wattage either.
I worry about batteries too. Its about as ocd as wearing a seat belt. Better safe than sorry.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'm with you on the charging thing. No Do overnight LI battery charges. I can kill the battery in my Radius in about 2/3-3/4 of a day, I vape about 8-10 mls per day, at anywhere from 1.4-2.2Ω from 6.5-8.5 watts. The battery really isn't all that hard to change out, maybe a minute at most, and my hands are shaky. It's really not as big a deal changing the battery in the Radius as people have let on, takes me way longer to re-wick my Russian than it does to swap my Radius battery...

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Ok, but see, the original is so much better, from what I read on here. I have to believe it, given who makes it and the level of excellent customer service from HOH. If you don't like the clone, it doesn't mean you won't like the real one and you could be screwing yourself royally out of what a lot of people consider the best tank (I concur) made yet.
Understand that but I'm not going to spend that type of money if I don't try it first. Cheap option to get a feel for the device is good I go. Now that I've done that I'm getting the authentic. It's my favortite this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I'm with you on the charging thing. No Do overnight LI battery charges. I can kill the battery in my Radius in about 2/3-3/4 of a day, I vape about 8-10 mls per day, at anywhere from 1.4-2.2Ω from 6.5-8.5 watts. The battery really isn't all that hard to change out, maybe a minute at most, and my hands are shaky. It's really not as big a deal changing the battery in the Radius as people have let on, takes me way longer to re-wick my Russian than it does to swap my Radius battery...
I have gotten the battery swap down to about 15 seconds...not hard AT ALL :p

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Cool. Very interested to hear your impressions of both due to the 8-10x difference in price.

My Fasttech Hurricaine clone won't likely be here for a month or so, but I am looking forward to trying it.
I think it'll be here Monday. I honestly anticipate no change from what I'm holding right now. This thing is pretty stinking amazing and even just feels and exudes "premium".

I really do mean that. It just seems like this will be my go to atty for at least a while and I couldn't live with myself and look down at it knowing it's not the "real thing".

Word of caution.... First time you spin off the tank portion, it will be tight because it wasn't Lubed up... I read this on fasttech or I might have ruined mine too... But you'll wanna either be careful trying to start the turning if the tank or open the air to the biggest hole and stick a little Allen key it screwdriver in there for leverage.

If you try to turn the tank off you can end up over turning the air control... It's not free spinning. It has a stop to not let it go around. But it can break if you put too much strain on it.

Just word of caution/to be aware of.

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have gotten the battery swap down to about 15 seconds...not hard AT ALL :p
Ha ha, it was quicker for me before I took a buffing wheel to the cutouts on the screws;) The comfort in hand is way more than worth the tradeoff :) Always a tradeoff with modifications...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
:shock: buffing wheel to the Radius?!? :shock:

you be crazy :lol:
No, I removed the two screws and took the wheel to them, aggressively, to remove the burrs from the cutouts. I have large hands and the way I hold the Radius those screws were irritating to my skin. So I fixed that :)

P.S. I've been called far worse than crazy :lol: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread