WISMEC Reuleaux RX200 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

deucesjack

Account closed on request
Oct 28, 2015
So a buddy wants to trade his pretty much new vapor flask classic for my black Rx200. I know it's a good trade money wise for me but I really like the Rx.

What would you guys do
I have both. I just love the form of the Vapor Flask. Easily my favorite mod. Do the trade and buy another RX for under $40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
So a buddy wants to trade his pretty much new vapor flask classic for my black Rx200. I know it's a good trade money wise for me but I really like the Rx.

What would you guys do

I don't personally like the vapor flask. It's 40W and the design is not comfortable to me. I would keep the RX. RX is probably the best sub $100 mod on the market right now.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.

What would you guys do
trade him and, then go spend $40 on a new RX. that's what I would do ;)

Reactions: deucesjack

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
It's kinda a pain if you use different 18650s.

The point is you don't have to swap batteries. You put three in it and don't remove them until they are no longer charging and discharging properly and need to be replaced, then slap 3 new ones in there run the analyzer again and start over.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Well it's the New vape forward 150w and has all the same features and display. But it just feels weird

Sorry I thought you meant classic as in version 1 or something.

I still don't like the shape. Guy in the local store brought one in he was having trouble with and it just didn't feel right to me.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The point is you don't have to swap batteries. You put three in it and don't remove them until they are no longer charging and discharging properly and need to be replaced, then slap 3 new ones in there run the analyzer again and start over.
Better to have a lipo if one doesn't swap batteries. Being tied to a specific set of batteries negates the benefits of 18650s. I charge my batteries in an external charger because it's safer and because I want to spare the usb port on my updateable mods. I also carry around spare 18650s so I don't run out of battery power when out and about.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: suspectK

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Better to have a lipo if one doesn't swap batteries. Being tied to a specific set of batteries negates the benefits of 18650s. I charge my batteries in an external charger because it's safer and because I want to spare the usb port on my updateable mods. I also carry around spare 18650s so I don't run out of battery power when out and about.

We went over this a couple posts ago. The DNA versions reverse polarity protection has a tendency to tear the wrapping on the battery. Not so much on the RX.

I don't know what benefits you are talking about or are lost by marrying one set to one device.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
We went over this a couple posts ago. The DNA versions reverse polarity protection has a tendency to tear the wrapping on the battery. Not so much on the RX.

I don't know what benefits you are talking about or are lost by marrying one set to one device.
To be able to swap batteries when one set runs out of power and you're nowhere near a power outlet, to not be tethered to a usb wire and power outlet when vaping, not risking vaping while the batteries are charging.

There's really no benefit to having swapable batteries if one is tied to a single set. Lipos come with higher amp ratings, will take up less space in a device etc.

Reactions: petemoss

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
To be able to swap batteries when one set runs out of power and you're nowhere near a power outlet, to not be tethered to a usb wire and power outlet when vaping, not risking vaping while the batteries are charging.

You could always take spares, like you do with other devices. Unless you are venturing in to the woods, you are likely near a power supply for charging if need be. I know people who run the DNA200 with a tank at 60-70 watts and get 3 days per charge. Surly you'd be able to find a power source with in 3 days. I run at much higher wattages and can spend a day (6-8 hours) at the beach and don't have any trouble. I DO bring an RX and leave it in the car as a back up, just in case.

There's really no benefit to having swapable batteries if one is tied to a single set. Lipos come with higher amp ratings, will take up less space in a device etc.

Just because you ran the analyzer doesn't mean you are tied to those specific batteries. You can carry back ups. The battery indicator will not be as accurate as it is with the ones you ran the analyzer with, but the device will work. I have literally 50 or 60 LGHG2's and have a spare set specifically married to the DNA that I keep. They don't get used much, but they are there just in case.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Which could be resolved by Wismec adding a way to adjust the cell cut off on the RX, which was the point of the discussion.

I agree that setting the cut off to 2.8v or 2.5v would extend battery life. Like I said, I believe I read somewhere that the DNA factory settings are for VCT4 batteries. So you run the analyzer and set the cut off to that batteries you are using. Likewise I guess the RX200 would be defaulted to the VCT4 batteries as well and that explains why you don't get as long a use time on it.

As another poster suggested an auto detect feature would be just as useful I suppose.

Unless my math is wrong the DNA cant achieve it's 200W output unless each cell in a 3 cell series configuration is at least 2.9855V, anything under that should be current limited. My guess is the 2.8V soft cell cut off is in error, it may run there at lower power settings but won't be able to achieve maximum wattage. I don't recall the battery analyzer suggesting a cut off voltage on me when I ran it but it's been a long time ago. But I think setting your cut off to the minimum voltage capable of reaching the mod range of 200W at 2.9855V or rounded up to 2.99V would put you closer in run time to what you see on the RX. So I don't think anything is really wrong with the RX just your going under mod range voltage on the DNA. According to the spec sheet the minimum input voltage is 9V or 3V per cell. At any rate as some have mentioned this is starting to seem to be a comparison and I don't even have the RX in hand yet :) so If you want to discuss this more feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Daddy

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Actually that's exactly why I bought this mod; 3x18650 interchangeable batt.! If I wanted a device to charge internally I would have bought an average DNA 200 device! Then when I realized the the software was probably going to end up being just another gimmic "FOR ME" the RX was a no brainer!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Actually that's exactly why I bought this mod; 3x18650 interchangeable batt.! If I wanted a device to charge internally I would have bought an average DNA 200 device! Then when I realized the the software was probably going to end up being just another gimmic "FOR ME" the RX was a no brainer!

There you go...... whatever works for you is all that matters....:) ...... enjoy... :thumbs:

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO

What lipos are you seeing that can compare to 33.3 Watt hours of three hg2's? They exist, but they're bricks. Are people actually putting something like that in a mod?

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
11248809_10153076015377131_2005922289118728111_n.jpg

They exist... Not mine, but I know a guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread