Council of Vapor Mini Volt, the ultimate stealth box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Here's what COV says on FB:

Question: Why does everywhere advertise REAL carbon fiber, but I just got mine today and it's definitely not real carbon. Still like it, but it was a disappointment
· February 3 at 6:46pm

The Council of Vapor:
It's a real carbon fiber layer, without the layer of resin on top that people are used to seeing. Glad you like the mod.
· February 4 at 11:57am

(I really don't know -- it seems to feel more like vinyl, but it's been ages since I've had any of the real stuff, so I can't compare)

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
From my understanding, the resin layer that is atop "real" carbon fibre is there to actualy hold the fibres in place. If this were true carbon fibre it would assume it be able easily shift and distort the fibres to the point of looking like nappy hair lol.

Elsewhere, someone has removed the wrap and replaced it with a colored version, and even a wood grain textured wrap.

I almost feel as if the company is trying to follow the lines of joyetech, and how their "organic glass ego one tanks and drip tips" were melting from commonly know plastic cracking/melting eliquids.:facepalm: "clever" wording to "false" advertise products for better sales. Atleast I didn't buy it for the wrap, just the overall color and size

Last edited:

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Sedge: Congrats on Your New Mini Volts! The Red Sure Looks Sharp! I'm Looking Forward to Receiving Mine!

Hey, What are those Tanks you are using there? Are those UD's? I'm not sure I've seen Stubbies like yours? Nice Looking!

Skully {:{}

Just got these yesterday. So far I'm loving them and they are performing perfectly.

2bd524b8e761b2de817c5f3af74a224c.jpg
5fe949c4dd23b3a423c819cecfbd71c6.jpg

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
You right I not even think about that, it will cover the screen also..
My answer to this will be to just simply twist the tank off a bit to adjust wattage or check battery when I need it. its a inconvenience, albeit a tiny one

Finally got mine in -- and it's a sweet little device.

View attachment 530112
Dat Tank! :O what is eeeeet?!
Here's what COV says on FB:

Question: Why does everywhere advertise REAL carbon fiber, but I just got mine today and it's definitely not real carbon. Still like it, but it was a disappointment
· February 3 at 6:46pm

The Council of Vapor:
It's a real carbon fiber layer, without the layer of resin on top that people are used to seeing. Glad you like the mod.
· February 4 at 11:57am

(I really don't know -- it seems to feel more like vinyl, but it's been ages since I've had any of the real stuff, so I can't compare)
Honestly, I wish they wouldve put the resin in with it being flush with the rest of the body. it wouldve been a slick nice piece, even if it drove the price of the mod a bit higher.

Reactions: defdock

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
I Figured a Re-Purpose for the Little Tanks that come with the eVic VT's the eGo ONE Mega or VT Atomizer. They Fit and Look Good on the Mini Volt! They are a Bit Low on ohm's .4 for Extended Battery Life but I'm not that concerned with it I have other Tanks & Coils to Give me Longer Battery if that comes into play!

But Really, They Don't Look to Bad on the Mini Volt!

Still Playing with the KS RTA on it too! I can't get past how Good they look on the Mini Volt!

Mini%20Volt%20eGo%20ONE%20Mega%20Joyetech%20VT%20Atomizer_zpsqex6b1bo.jpg

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Hey Sedge: Congrats on Your New Mini Volts! The Red Sure Looks Sharp! I'm Looking Forward to Receiving Mine!

Hey, What are those Tanks you are using there? Are those UD's? I'm not sure I've seen Stubbies like yours? Nice Looking!

Thank Skullman. I'm really enjoying them.

The tanks are UD Goblin Minis. I'm running them single coil, 25g, 5 wrap, 2.5 ID at 0.6 ohms at 30w. I'm getting good battery life. Between the two, I'm getting a full day with a mid-day recharge.

3ml runs dry just about the time the battery needs a recharge.

I don't plan on using them as daily drivers, but like any new toy, I use them exclusively for a bit.

They will be the stealth, pocket friendly mods for quick trips when I don't carry my VF. They have reolced my MicroStick/Spheroid combos.

I've had no quirks as described or reported in this thread.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Sorta, not a sleeve, it's an engraved steel tube for the Kabuki (that also fits other HOH atty's). I am quite fond of it!

HOH hasn't sold the tube/tank separately, but the combo IS available with Z2 threading, for use with HOH mods, though sold out in 510 and P3 versions.

They are listed under attomizers at the HOH online store: https://squareup.com/market/houseofhybrids

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
How do you know if it's fully charged? Just got mine tonight and it's been charging well over three hours. It shows that one bar is left when it's plugged in and charging, but when I unplug it the battery gauge reads full. Can anyone give me some insight? Is there a "finished charging" message?
Yes there is a message to Confirm the battery is done charging :)
20160212_124622-1.jpg

Last edited:

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Sledge Thanks for the Reply! I thought I kinda recognized them but obviously I didn't because I was not aware of the UD Goblin Mini! They are Pretty Cool! I like them better then the Goblin! Nice Build Deck too! I think I would like to try them!

Wow, I Run almost the same build! I'm 26g 5 wrap 2.5 ID at 5.5 ohms. I run 25 to 30 watts depending on eLiquid. It's the VG Baby!

I haven't tested my Mini Volts out for battery life, more just have em at hand for when I head out the door or jump in the car just easy to slip in the pocket! Great for going to the stores doing the stealth thang!

Great New Toy I am playing with more then usual cause they are new and So Cool!

Ah, the MicroStick. How'd that work out for you? It just wasn't the thing for me in 18350 mode and switching up was taking away from what it was! And how about that Spheroid. I never jump on the band wagon. What's your opinion on it? You can get them fairly cheap these days!

I think COV's Direction with the Mini Volt opens doors for a lot of folks! I would have jumped on it in a second way back when I was looking at the MicroStick!

Thank Skullman. I'm really enjoying them.

The tanks are UD Goblin Minis. I'm running them single coil, 25g, 5 wrap, 2.5 ID at 0.6 ohms at 30w. I'm getting good battery life. Between the two, I'm getting a full day with a mid-day recharge.

3ml runs dry just about the time the battery needs a recharge.

I don't plan on using them as daily drivers, but like any new toy, I use them exclusively for a bit.

They will be the stealth, pocket friendly mods for quick trips when I don't carry my VF. They have reolced my MicroStick/Spheroid combos.

I've had no quirks as described or reported in this thread.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Quick update on the charge glitch.

When plugging the charger in as the screen shuts off, it glitches into think there is no charger, when removed it glitches into a dead state and waits till the mod auto shuts off.

If you notice you plugged it in and "glitched it" do not unplug the charger. Simply unscrew the tank till there is no connection, then hit the fire button. It makes the chip "rethink" and it resumes the charging as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread