Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Oh Kayte - I know that was devastating news for you to hear. I'm so sorry for your sister and for you. Dementia is such a heartbreaking disease. Maybe the new place will be OK. Take it one step at a time. I think you've said before but how old is she?

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I thought I had posted that there would be tips. That must have been earlier in the week. Oops. Guess we know now! :D

I'm okay. Rough news regarding my sister (Carolyn) today. She's spiraled into 'aggressive and suicidal fixation' behavior. (This is so not who she has ever been.) They had to transfer her from the nursing home to a seniors behavioral health facility. I was under the impression that it was med caused and that they would get it straightened out and get her back to 'normal'. Apparently that is not the case and this is just the progression of the dementia. That being the case, she won't be able to go back to the nursing home she was in (which I liked.) I don't know where she'll end up, but it will not be a 'happy place'. So... feeling yucky about that. But, it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it. Will just do the best I can for her and hope she has some reprieve inside herself away from it all.

So - pecan something or other sounds good! Probably better if I don't eat myself into oblivion though. I think I'll go work on a project. (They're stacked up around here! lol)
    No words Kayte, just a big {{{{hug}}}}
    My heart hurts for you :cry:

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2012
    NM, U.S.
    Thanks friends. :wub:

Ms.C - she'll be 69 next month.

I'm totally in your court about granddaughters and tears and having to make it right. They're especially effective when they don't make a sound. Yes. That's me. Another grandma sucker sitting right over here.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 20, 2010
    Woodland Park, CO
    Well, that's just too young to go through that Kayte. Just know we're all here when you need to vent. Even ANGEL who is MIA because this is her big drink night. Oh Angel?????? I guess what makes Dementia and Alzheimer's so aggravating is that it's a sad progression. I've often thought it's harder on the family than the patient. I too, hope she has found a happy place inside her world. Hugzzzz to you sister Kayte.

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2012
    NM, U.S.
    Angel needs to take a few extra sips for me tonight. lol

It's nice to have friends that will eat and drink on your behalf when you can't yourself. ;) Chili... we'll all be happy to cry for you when you need some tears to flow! Call on me any time. I can shed tears at the drop of a hat these days. It'd be nice if they were for good use and not some dorky tv show. :rolleyes:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Thank you, Ms.C. There are times though I'm thinkin', "Come o-n-n-n nicotine!"

Crying over TV shows/movies has been my "thing", Kayte, even young. My children are always surprised. They always thought I was a good interragator and would have made a really, really excellent prison matron. Ha! :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I thought I had posted that there would be tips. That must have been earlier in the week. Oops. Guess we know now! :D

I'm okay. Rough news regarding my sister (Carolyn) today. She's spiraled into 'aggressive and suicidal fixation' behavior. (This is so not who she has ever been.) They had to transfer her from the nursing home to a seniors behavioral health facility. I was under the impression that it was med caused and that they would get it straightened out and get her back to 'normal'. Apparently that is not the case and this is just the progression of the dementia. That being the case, she won't be able to go back to the nursing home she was in (which I liked.) I don't know where she'll end up, but it will not be a 'happy place'. So... feeling yucky about that. But, it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it. Will just do the best I can for her and hope she has some reprieve inside herself away from it all.

So - pecan something or other sounds good! Probably better if I don't eat myself into oblivion though. I think I'll go work on a project. (They're stacked up around here! lol)

Hugs from me, my sweet. I'm so sorry, Kayte. :(

On a more colorful note, I loved the Water Color Tip. Big congrats to the lucky new owner!

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Heck, I've even shed a tear on a Hallmark Commercial.;)

I have a relative in one of those "not happy" places. So sad for it need to occur with someone so young as your sister, Kayte. For some good news, miracles do happen. I had a friend who was in a Hospice, recovered and got let out.....and is stilling going strong over 5 years later.

It's a good think the beautiful Dancing the Night Away arrived, or I'd have jumped on Royal Amethyst. If I had them both, I wouldn't know which one I liked better!

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2012
    NM, U.S.
    lol chooch! A little on the strict side (according to daughters, anyway), with a nice squishy, empathetic side to keep it real. Can't beat that. ;) I was never really prone to tears until 'the change'. I wasn't prone to a lot of things until 'the change'. Poor Doug. :lol:

I plan to keep using nicotine, too. Too many benefits for me to give it up.

Have you guys heard about Congressman Duncan Hunter vaping during a legislation meeting today? He certainly is 'one of us'! lol

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Super dooper post, Ms. K! I saw that earlier tonite, and posted it on my least favorite (but well watched) site..... the Book of Faces.

He's one of our newest heroes!!

Cheers! And "Hero", by Kayte and Doug Molehill. ;)

#10 hero.jpg

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Thanks for posting that, Kayte. :) Been trying to see it on Facebook, but computer wouldn't cooperate.

Hey, Big 20K, Katdarling. :) Which "watercolor"? There have been several.

Tearose, think that you relative experienced a rare miracle. :) OTOH, did they change the medications maybe? Some can really do a number on you and make it look as though you have dementia.

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2012
    NM, U.S.
    Hi Kat and tearose! And thanks. :wub:
    Sorry to hear you have a family member in a not so happy place tearose. That's wonderful to hear about your friend, though. I'm a firm believer in miracles, myself. ;) And Hallmark commercials.... are there people that don't cry at those?

Glad you're enjoying Dancing the Night Away! Someone needs to buy Royal Amethyst soon. It would look awfully good on my kbox. :facepalm:

Kat, Hero looks marvelous on that box! :wub:

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Well, that's just too young to go through that Kayte. Just know we're all here when you need to vent. Even ANGEL who is MIA because this is her big drink night. Oh Angel?????? I guess what makes Dementia and Alzheimer's so aggravating is that it's a sad progression. I've often thought it's harder on the family than the patient. I too, hope she has found a happy place inside her world. Hugzzzz to you sister Kayte.
    Actually my big drink night has been postponed until tomorrow...I have to work tomorrow since we're still getting ready for that trial next week. She wanted me to work Saturday too, but I told her that my bf would hunt her down if I didn't come this weekend since it's Valentine's. :pI'm worn out and really, really need that drink, so I made do with one of my own here...not as potent as my usual, but still nice and am just relaxing in my recliner right now.

Angel needs to take a few extra sips for me tonight. lol

It's nice to have friends that will eat and drink on your behalf when you can't yourself. ;) Chili... we'll all be happy to cry for you when you need some tears to flow! Call on me any time. I can shed tears at the drop of a hat these days. It'd be nice if they were for good use and not some dorky tv show. :rolleyes:

Kayte, I'll happily take a few sips for you...and will tomorrow as well when I have my "real" big drink! ;)

69 really is young for dementia, but there is early onset dementia in some people. Ms.C is right when she said about it being harder on the family. When I worked for the Alzheimer's Foundation, our focus was on helping the families cope with the changes to their loved ones. It's always so hard on the family watching the one they love turn into a totally different person, one who eventually doesn't even know who their family is anymore. But for the one with dementia, the hard part is usually at the beginning when they first know that something is different, but they can't do anything to change it. Eventually though, most usually get to a place where they are oblivious that things are different, and for them, that is actually a blessing.

My heart goes out to you Kayte and I'm sending lots of (((HUGS))) for you! (I've been there with my own family, so I get it.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread