When the B&M kid just won't give you the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Tonight's feast is ready...

cd10cd2bcbdda48f00a0257e329de709.jpg

:D

Tapatyped
You on da left coast this week? Save the leftovers! Lmao!
Hell yeah! Trucker cuisine!

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You on da left coast this week? Save the leftovers! Lmao!
Hell yeah! Trucker cuisine!
Trucker cuisine, indeed. My 8 yr old daughter had the pleasure of prepping daddy's meals for this week. She especially got a kick out of sealing up the food saver bags.

No.

It seems Texas runs have become typical. Just as well during the winter. Keeps me out of the weather mostly and making money when other things don't interfere.

I will be attempting to get some atypical runs starting some time between April and June. A couple left coast runs are very likely between then and November / December.

Sorry. Not too fast responding now. I actually am eating that plate... errr... the food on it.

Tapatyped

Swamprats

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Alabama, USA
At one time in my life I used to be a general manager of a fast food restaurant. I can tell you that there is a reason why they put pictures of hamburgers on the cash regester keys. Most of these kids have never held a job before, let alone any responsibility what so ever. They might my ignorant but this is how we train them to grow up and be just like us. You just have to ask yourself "who is evolved"

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
At one time in my life I used to be a general manager of a fast food restaurant. I can tell you that there is a reason why they put pictures of hamburgers on the cash regester keys. Most of these kids have never held a job before, let alone any responsibility what so ever. They might my ignorant but this is how we train them to grow up and be just like us. You just have to ask yourself "who is evolved"

Imagine those "kids"explaining ohms law and mechanical mod safety to a beginning vaper.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
OMG!!! I showed up for work today! What more do you people WANT from mmmeeeeeeeee??? I have to actually WORK and be RESPONSIBLE to get paid?? ...?? I don't like this anymore! Where's my participation trophy for showing up??

I did pretty well writing software for most of my working life, hanging out with folks who knew they were getting what they rightly deserved because of their mighty cleverness. I retired 10 years ago and took a job as a handyman in group homes. The folks who work in those homes are treated like dirt, tasked with impossible demands by highly paid office jockeys, and paid barely enough to survive, without even access to health care. Sometimes they come in for an evening shift already beaten down after serving fast food all day, probably giving people the wrong hamburgers from time to time. All while they try to raise families. And almost all of them do the best they possibly can for the people in their care, which is good for the rest of us because they have the lives of our disabled fellow citizens in their hands.

And in America today they are looked down on. They are poor and dependent on food stamps because they are stupid or lazy or corrupted by some imaginary sense of entitlement. They hear they shouldn't have kids if they aren't smart or hard working enough to be able to raise them properly. What, you want health care just because you exist?

So some kid gives us the wrong coils or the wrong hamburger. Oh the humanity. The crap we smart hardworking people have to put up with from these losers. Sometimes I wish I was a member of a different species.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Mick,

The example you have given is not a fair comparison. What you are describing seems to me like hard working individuals attempting to make a better life for themselves and not being appreciated for their contributions.

Saying that they are looked down on I also believe is incorrect, there are many that respect those individuals for putting their best foot forward and applying themselves.

Folks in this thread keep calling the person that made the coil error a kid, again this person by law better have been a young adult.

I would be willing to bet that the people you described in the first two paragraphs of your post would be much more focused on the job at hand, attempted to always service the customer correctly and would appreciate the opportunity to work in an environment that allowed them to excel and have a positive experience.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Anyone want to venture a guess as to how many different types of replaceable coil heads a well stocked B&M has? My wife has managed a popular B&M in our area for the last 2 years. I'd say the number is easily in the hundreds.

What is so difficult about checking your purchase?

I have over 4000 skus in my facility and I hire people to correctly pick and furnish the customer what they asked and paid for with a very high rate of success. What is the problem with completing the task you were hired for and doing it correctly.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I did pretty well writing software for most of my working life, hanging out with folks who knew they were getting what they rightly deserved because of their mighty cleverness. I retired 10 years ago and took a job as a handyman in group homes. The folks who work in those homes are treated like dirt, tasked with impossible demands by highly paid office jockeys, and paid barely enough to survive, without even access to health care. Sometimes they come in for an evening shift already beaten down after serving fast food all day, probably giving people the wrong hamburgers from time to time. All while they try to raise families. And almost all of them do the best they possibly can for the people in their care, which is good for the rest of us because they have the lives of our disabled fellow citizens in their hands.

And in America today they are looked down on. They are poor and dependent on food stamps because they are stupid or lazy or corrupted by some imaginary sense of entitlement. They hear they shouldn't have kids if they aren't smart or hard working enough to be able to raise them properly. What, you want health care just because you exist?

So some kid gives us the wrong coils or the wrong hamburger. Oh the humanity. The crap we smart hardworking people have to put up with from these losers. Sometimes I wish I was a member of a different species.

Dude.... Don't even go there. I've been mostly unemployed for the last 3 years. I've worked 2 and sometimes 3 jobs to make ends meet in the past. I worked in healthcare as a CNA/Med Assisistant for a little over 6 years. I have bucked hay, shoveled pig manure, spent time working on the pouring deck of a steel mill. You name the crap job and I have probably done it. Never ONCE did I feel entitled to anything except the pay and benefits I agreed to accept when I took a job. Did I make mistakes? Yes, I did...... but I tried to be conscientious enough to learn from them and not make them again! Or at the least, keep it to a bare minimum. Now everyone thinks they should get something for nothing and make others be responsible.

It shouldn't matter if you're serving burgers or performing brain surgery- You are the one responsible for doing your job and doing it well. Mistakes can and do happen but if you consistently screw up, maybe it's time to move on to a different line of work. Or start figuring out what you're doing wrong and fix it. Quit making it everyone else's problem.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have over 4000 skus in my facility and I hire people to correctly pick and furnish the customer what they asked and paid for with a very high rate of success. What is the problem with completing the task you were hired for and doing it correctly.

Do all your skus look incredibly similar and come in tiny, difficult to read packaging?

What is so difficult about checking your purchase?

Reactions: EBates

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
For all those saying this isn't the fault of the employee exactly how far do we let things slip before it is unacceptable, no one has to take a job at a vape shop or any shop but if you do isn't it perfectly reasonable to expect decent service. Maybe I'm getting old but my philosophy has always been that if your p.aid to do a job you do the best job you can and if you don't think one job is good enough for you then just do it till you get another. Also so people are meant to make allowances for this poor person working in a vape shop but what about the customer whose popped in on their way home maybe tired after a long shift or on their way to work after rushing to get family sorted for the day and stupidly assumes that going into an appropriate shop they will be given the right product. Once you start making excuses for rubbish service where does it stop and for those with their own businesses how long do you think it will be before slack attitudes become your standard applicant, if you get paid to do a job do it properly or get another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread