Dry hit? Now cotton taste... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenyRex

Feb 12, 2016
So I changed the replaceable coil piece in my little hammer looking vape... thing.
(Can anyone tell I've no clue yet?)
Topped off my juice, let it chill for about an hr till I wanted a hit. Just chillin' watching TV. Little did my poor innocence know I was about the have the single most worst experience of my life.
I pushed the button and took in a nice big deep breathe only to be assaulted by the taste of burnt cotton and more smoke than has ever come out of a vaping device from my experience. I immediately wanted to cough but since my bf was sleeping right next to me I had to exhale nice and slow T^T painful but not excruciating.
Having a cigarette was the only way to get the taste out of my mouth.

Cotton looked soaked when I reopened. Changed the coil piece but now I can't taste that sweet vanilla on exhale and still taste cotton. The air flow feels clear now, too. It didn't before.

What happened!? (Sobsob T^T)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Yes, please, a little more info. What happened is you burnt the wick on the first hit. (It's ruined now, by the way, and will have to be changed again). There are several different reasons why that might have happened. It helps to take a few "primer puffs" on a new coil. Hit it like you normally would, but don't push the fire button, and do cover up the air holes with your finger. This sucks juice up into the wick. Starting a new coil on lower wattage (if your "little hammer looking vape... thing" is so equipped) and gradually increasing it to your preferred level can help to break a new coil in. And you might have changed coils with one of a different value which got overpowered because your mod wasn't set right for it. So do, please, tell us whatever you can about your gear, or post a pic, and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I changed the replaceable coil piece in my little hammer looking vape... thing.
(Can anyone tell I've no clue yet?)
Topped off my juice, let it chill for about an hr till I wanted a hit. Just chillin' watching TV. Little did my poor innocence know I was about the have the single most worst experience of my life.
I pushed the button and took in a nice big deep breathe only to be assaulted by the taste of burnt cotton and more smoke than has ever come out of a vaping device from my experience. I immediately wanted to cough but since my bf was sleeping right next to me I had to exhale nice and slow T^T painful but not excruciating.
Having a cigarette was the only way to get the taste out of my mouth.

Cotton looked soaked when I reopened. Changed the coil piece but now I can't taste that sweet vanilla on exhale and still taste cotton. The air flow feels clear now, too. It didn't before.

What happened!? (Sobsob T^T)

take a sip first before a gulp.

Reactions: PilotNY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread