Where to begin on new recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
So I have managed to replicate my favorite juice, Unicorn Milk, with of course an online recipe. I have alos managed to create my Wifes, Lemon Pound cake by GLAS, both came out very good.

My problem lies in what to do next, create a flavor I have no recipe for....For Example, I would really love to replicate Cosmic Fog's, Streek, A Strawberry/Greek Yogurt blend, which of course I can't find a recipe for.

I guess I'm not sure what percentages I should start with......Nic, PG, Vg, I'm ok, but how you start off a new recipe?

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Sometimes I mix 2 or 3 single flavors together to get an idea. Or sometimes I pick out the flavorings that sound good together, open all the bottles and smell them. Sounds odd but usually works pretty well. Out of those I decide which, if any, should be in the forefront, etc.
German Flavors (you can buy at vaperstek.org) makes fruit/yogurt flavors. I've had the peach yogurt (% is right on the bottle) and it's good. They do tend to gunk rather quickly though.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
I just did this one earlier in the week & it's good but a little too much kiwi for me, next time I'm swapping the percentage between kiwi & strawberry to get the strawberry in the forefront with kiwi in the back.

thats the beauty of DIY. good luck :)

Reactions: fishwater

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
So I have managed to replicate my favorite Juice, Unicorn Milk, with of course an online recipe. I have alos managed to create my Wifes, Lemon Pound cake by GLAS, both came out very good.

My problem lies in what to do next, create a flavor I have no recipe for....For Example, I would really love to replicate Cosmic Fog's, Streek, A Strawberry/Greek Yogurt blend, which of course I can't find a recipe for.

I guess I'm not sure what percentages I should start with......Nic, PG, Vg, I'm ok, but how you start off a new recipe?

Why create a recipe that someone else already created. Be unique and make something all your own. I started out cloning my favorite vape and was very successful. Since then I've modded that recipe so may times and came up with so many great tasting vapes. In fact so much so that the first recipe don't even exist in my line up anymore and everything I make now comes from my head and not someones recipe. It can start with the recipe you just made. Look at the flavors you have on hand that you didn't use in the recipe and imagine how it would taste with a little of this flavor and a little bit of that flavor and go from there. So be creative and when you do be sure to tell us all about your new discoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread