What was your first setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I had a Blu back in the day, but that thing never really helped to get me off real cigarettes.

Eventually upgraded to an Ego and a ProTank, which was a massive improvement. Wasn't until I went to RDA's and mech mods (high-powered regulated mods weren't a thing when I started vaping) that I was able to kick the cancer sticks.

These days, ~3 years into my vaping career, I'm pretty set on regulated devices and RDA's.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I started with an ego battery and a gs-h2 tank and that got me of tobacco. I've since moved on to a nemesis mech mod and orchid v4 and a subtank mini running 1.3 ohm coils in my sub tanks and twin 2.4 ohm coils in my orchids. also make my own juice. this is the only stop smoking tool that worked for me and it has turned into a fun hobby

Reactions: Falconeer

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I thought the 510s would be 'up' from the 808 PCC kit I had. I guess with a cartomizer they were a match.
I bought a complete 808 e-cig today for $1.14. (I bought 2 actually). They need charging (old stock) but they might be usable.

The long 808s had more mAh than the 510s, and at that time cartos were the only other option to the 510 atties with the filler in the mouthpiece. I got fed up with cartos pretty fast too. Used CE4 clearos for a bit but couldn't get the atty-on-top system to wick well. Found the bottom-atty clearos then glassomizers and was happy for quite a while. I don't like frequent refills, though. Thus the move to tanks.

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
My first was a $25 stripped-down 808 kit that came in a box resembling a fake cigarette package.

Then, a few other cig-a-likes, the intellicig EVO and Janty Dura. Automatic and manual Volts from Smokeless Image.

I got down to 1-3 analogs a day from 1-2 packs a day. I was vaping the Ego-style Volt X2s, then converted to Egos for 510 compatibility. CE4s, Evods & ViviNovas.

Then I bought a Sigelei #8 tube and an Nzonic. Carto-tanks and a Nimbus with all kinds of ridiculous air holes drilled into it.

At this point, I was still very budget-conscious. Hah. Part of the joy of vaping was the satisfaction of spending only a 1/3-1/2 of my previous monthly smoking budget.

Then I decided to get one (1) really well-made mod :rolleyes:, intending to have one great mod to last me the rest of my life. I bought a GP Paps, 18350 & 18650 tubes. Which is still an awesome mod, and will indeed last me the rest of my life.

Naturally, all hell broke loose after that. I bought an Atmizoo Dingo, a Super-T, a Poldiac... the list goes on. I developed the classic, robust vape gear addiction which I continue to nurse to this day, though I've tapered down considerably in the last year.

I can still comfortably rationalize it with the thoughts that (a) I haven't smoked at all for 4+ years, and (b) my purchases almost always support people who are dedicated to designing and making excellent products.

No regrets. Though I do still kinda miss those automatic batteries.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
My first setup was an Ego C Twist and Protank 2.
My second setup was an Ego One Mega
My third setup was a Subox Mini Kit
My fourth setup was a TopBox Mini Kit.

The way I see it, I use the Ego One only for going out and the two Kbox Minis at home. I still use premade coils for everything as my first attempt at wicking was botched. I have a feeling I already bought too many back up vapes so the spending stops here with me at least. I wasn't intending this to be a hobby and my journey is almost over anyhow since I've been going to work all this week without a vape like I've been doing for the past 3 months. I enjoy vaping but It's never been my intention to trade one habit for another. I'll probably cut it out after a year or two, I haven't decided yet.

Now if I can only find a cheap place to buy juice where I don't have to wait a month to steep something after receiving it...

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
My first setup was an Ego C Twist and Protank 2.
My second setup was an Ego One Mega
My third setup was a Subox Mini Kit
My fourth setup was a TopBox Mini Kit.

The way I see it, I use the Ego One only for going out and the two Kbox Minis at home. I still use premade coils for everything as my first attempt at wicking was botched. I have a feeling I already bought too many back up vapes so the spending stops here with me at least. I wasn't intending this to be a hobby and my journey is almost over anyhow since I've been going to work all this week without a vape like I've been doing for the past 3 months. I enjoy vaping but It's never been my intention to trade one habit for another. I'll probably cut it out after a year or two, I haven't decided yet.

Now if I can only find a cheap place to buy juice where I don't have to wait a month to steep something after receiving it...
Wouldn't an ultrasonic cleaner speed up steeping? I've read others discussing it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Wouldn't an ultrasonic cleaner speed up steeping? I've read others discussing it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not sure but it sure sounds interesting. I'll see what I can find out. Right now I have Zamplebox and still buy premium juice from my B&M. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: KayP

warpedone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2009
KY
A couple of Frankensteined DIY box mods (yep - that's the Velvet Fog on the right) circa 2009.
IMG_0129.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread