Mixing my first e-juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nallatheryth

Feb 11, 2016
Hi All,

a question asked probably many times over but after scouring some threads for a bit, I find myself confused.
I will layout what I have and what I want to achieve and maybe you can give me an advice:)

I have:
100ml VG (6mg nic/ml)
100ml PG (6mg nic/ml)
10ml Flavoring (no nic) (PG based)

What I want to achieve?
First a 10ml bottle to test a 70%/30% (VG/PG) as from what I read, VG provides a thicker and better "cloud" and less throat hit/

How should I be mixing?
I read some amazing threads and guides here on the forum as well as in other places. It seems though there is a difference between the US and EU. Most people talk about adding distilled water, vodka or PGA etc and also levels of nic below 12 - I cant say I saw.

I wish to achieve 6-8mb/ml nic level as higher than that I find a gritty and burning taste is left in my mouth.

What are your advices? :)

Nallatheryth

Feb 11, 2016
Thank you Izan!!!
I am trying it now but based on what I have I am getting:

This mix is not feasible. You may need to lower your target nic, VG or PG content, or flavoring. Alternatively, use a stronger nic base liquid, or a nic base liquid with a different VG/PG ratio. Please adjust your settings.

Is my base too low of a nicotine lvl?

Am I correct to assume that if I wish to make a 70/30 mix

Having the above ingredients I would add for a 10ml test batch:

7ml VG with 0.6 nic
3 ml PG with 0.6 nic
0.5 ml flavor with 0 nic

and obtain basically 10ml solution with 0.6 nic strength and flavor of about 5%?

so 70/30/5 over 6% nic?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Re: DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors Plus PG/VG Adjusting
This is what a your recipe should look like per:
What I want to achieve?
First a 10ml bottle to test a 70%/30% (VG/PG) as from what I read, VG provides a thicker and better "cloud" and less throat hit/
Screenshot from 2016-02-11 09:45:44.png

Note the PG, Flavor and Nic combine to make 30% PG.
For the #2 flavor you could add: 0.5-?% TFA Smooth, if you are concerned about TH.

Nallatheryth

Feb 11, 2016
Thank you both for the replies! While waiting on a few answers here, I was mixing without writing down what I am mixing but I did a few things:

My Bases are two at the moment.
100ml VPG - 59.4/40 <--> PG/VG <--> 0.6% nic
100ml VG - 94.4% VG <--> 5% water <--> 0.6% nic
10ml Flavor - note that <--> Dragon's Blood hehehe. Well its a good flavor.

So what I did I tried:
1. 4ml VG + 0.1 flavor -> it was thicker and actually left a strange taste in my mouth which I did not like. It was not bad but was hard.
2. 4 VG + 4 VPG + 0.2 flavor -> it was okayish. Better, sweeter taste, a bit better cloud and not so hard of a throat hit.

Finally I just said, to hell with it, would not wanna waste it, so I mixed both the above and added another 0.1 to 0.2 (roughly) flavor.

The current mix I feel more like vapor, has a decent cloud although I would not mind a better one but I also see how the cloud is connected to my way of vaping. I often do Mouth->Lungs and in rare occasions Direct as it burns me harder.

So now, for the next batch I am using your suggestions and see how it goes then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread