Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
:offtopic:
Hey man, are you a Mr. Potato Head fan or a Star Wars fan? Dumb question, I know. I just thought if by some offbeat chance you had those Star Wars Potato Heads 'cause you were a Mr. Potato Head fan, I was going to ask if you had KISS Mr. Potato Heads?
My 2 daughters started buying me various themed Mr. Potato heads as kind of joke gifts...Boston sports teams and then these this past Christmas as I am a Star Wars fan. I don't have any Kiss ones. But I was a huge Kiss fan as a much younger man.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
My 2 daughters started buying me various themed Mr. Potato heads as kind of joke gifts...Boston sports teams and then these this past Christmas as I am a Star Wars fan. I don't have any Kiss ones. But I was a huge Kiss fan as a much younger man.

Never to old to Rock And Roll, my friend, never to old...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
View attachment 529760 I know the mod is not up to proper standards, especially for this sub-forum. A little spendy for a tank but the flavor is great and well worth the cost. I have a feeling this won't be my only one. A stealth one, and a Radius, may be in order for my vape-a-versary in March.
No matter how many pics I've taken, my blue orings & drip tip are never as light as yours.
20151207_150755-4_zpshc5ggbe0.jpg

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
My Kabuki P3 has leaked some juice on the connector, but only a few times. Condensation seems the norm. Condensation should be clear, leaks are the same color of the juice. I can only assume the coils are the culprit. They are authentic, at least according to Aspire. Now everytime I refill, I check the coil is really tight in the base. I bought a P3 to 510 adapter to use as a "drip pan" but it doesn't thread all the way on to the Kabuki and looks kinda crappy. Oh well.

JD, I have a bunch of Kabukis running on Minis, P3s and Radii. All of them do that, as the others have said, to one extent or another. That's by design. It happens with other tanks too. You just do not see it most of the time. But if you remove the coil from the base on the Triton and then swabbed out the base with a Q-Tip, it would pick up a certain amount of the same "juice." The volume of condensation depends a lot on vaping style, thickness of the juice, humidity, etc., and also the age of the coil. One way I know a coil is on its last legs is the volume of liquid in the well.

The negative of Zen's design is sometimes changing tanks or refilling might be little messy, which is why I always wipe out the well in the ProVari and wipe off the bottom of the Kabuki with a tissue. But the genius of Zen's design is he's taken this liquid out of the air path completely, so no more gurgling tanks!

BTW, I have a couple of Pegasus mods and Triton tanks, including V1, V2 and Mini The combination of the the Radius and the Kabuki is just so much better that others haven't been used in forever. Enjoy!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
9e865a5d47958998e3eefd91efc28691.jpg

New Bedazzled tank, kourtesy of da Kat.

Thanks, dahlink!!!

And I actually prefer THIS look (for that tank), which also waits on the arrival of a recently traded for black & red KMini. THAT will likely be its landing spot.

If you zoom in, you can really see the details of the (awesome) work on the Bedazzled tank. And the reality is better than the picture. It's truly marvelous.

IMG_20160210_205201 (Large).jpg

JD53

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Bloomington, Illinois
JD, I have a bunch of Kabukis running on Minis, P3s and Radii. All of them do that, as the others have said, to one extent or another. That's by design. It happens with other tanks too. You just do not see it most of the time. But if you remove the coil from the base on the Triton and then swabbed out the base with a Q-Tip, it would pick up a certain amount of the same "juice." The volume of condensation depends a lot on vaping style, thickness of the juice, humidity, etc., and also the age of the coil. One way I know a coil is on its last legs is the volume of liquid in the well.

The negative of Zen's design is sometimes changing tanks or refilling might be little messy, which is why I always wipe out the well in the ProVari and wipe off the bottom of the Kabuki with a tissue. But the genius of Zen's design is he's taken this liquid out of the air path completely, so no more gurgling tanks!

BTW, I have a couple of Pegasus mods and Triton tanks, including V1, V2 and Mini The combination of the the Radius and the Kabuki is just so much better that others haven't been used in forever. Enjoy!
Thanks for your thoughts. I don't mind condensation. Its the juice pools. I know the P3 is supposed to be sealed but I still don't like juice in the connector. It doesn't happen all the time, but I just checked and "juicy". Like I said, I got the adapter but the gaps look kinda goofy. Gurgling hasn't been an issue in my 510 Kabuki. My Kayfuns and Taifun don't gurgle or leak anything at all. If the adapter fit better I'd be happier. If the Kabuki didn't leak I'd put up with some gurgling. It is still my favorite drop in coil tank though. Right now my favorite rig is a Dani box & Kayfun 3 Mini.

JD53

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Bloomington, Illinois
I tried everything. I tried to put the base of three different tanks on it and none came close to flush. I thought maybe witoutt a coil it would screw down, nope. Maybe just a Kayfun P3 base, nope. These tanks fit on three P3 devices just fine. A kabuki base, by itself, won't even fit flush.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Thanks for your thoughts. I don't mind condensation. Its the juice pools. I know the P3 is supposed to be sealed but I still don't like juice in the connector. It doesn't happen all the time, but I just checked and "juicy". Like I said, I got the adapter but the gaps look kinda goofy. Gurgling hasn't been an issue in my 510 Kabuki. My Kayfuns and Taifun don't gurgle or leak anything at all. If the adapter fit better I'd be happier. If the Kabuki didn't leak I'd put up with some gurgling. It is still my favorite drop in coil tank though. Right now my favorite rig is a Dani box & Kayfun 3 Mini.

I have a Kayfun Mini V3 too and a couple of there models. They are very nice. But when I gets down to it, I just don't have the time to work with the Kayfuns on any regular basis. Therefore, as long as I can get Nautilus coils, and I'm trying to buy 100 a month, I'll keep using the Kabukis every day.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
9e865a5d47958998e3eefd91efc28691.jpg

New Bedazzled tank, kourtesy of da Kat.

Thanks, dahlink!!!

My sincere pleasure, DP o' L. Enjoy every sweet vape.

Looks like you were dealt a pretty good hand. ;)

And I actually prefer THIS look (for that tank), which also waits on the arrival of a recently traded for black & red KMini. THAT will likely be its landing spot.

If you zoom in, you can really see the details of the (awesome) work on the Bedazzled tank. And the reality is better than the picture. It's truly marvelous.

View attachment 529940

Looks outstanding, dahling.

Zoom Zoom ZOOM!

cards.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Status