A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiKnight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Calgary
www.mysticvapor.ca
Far inferior if you ask me. The Clapton is super delicate and burns the cotton in no time if not very careful. The 1.2 Ohm head has too big of a coil diameter and so produces very little but very hot vapor if you don't take a very airy hit.

Flavor wise the tank is secondary. Important is what's happening in the coil. I still consider both mentioned tanks an upgrade to the Naughty both in materials being used and features.

Should you really want the 1.2 Ohm TM heads to perform you will need to upgrade your tank as the airflow of the Naughty is too tight to get enough air on those coils.

Thanks for the input Wicks. My thinking is that there can't be all that much flavor improvement in using a Triton Mini or a Kabuki over the Nautilus Mini with the same coils, but some people have said they've experienced a dramatic improvement in flavor. Fasttech gets the Triton Mini in on Feb. 23rd, so I might buy one then.

Triton Mini and Kabuki users that have also used Nautilus Minis, let's hear from you! Are these tanks far superior in enhancing the flavor for MTL hits?

Reactions: David Wolf

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Knight, tho I can't speak to the Triton tanks or coils, I do know that for me, using the Naughty coils in both the Naughty tanks and the Kabuki has been a true eye opener. I would not have thought that a different tank would make that much difference, but the design and construction of the Kabuki (air flow, chimney diameter, base construction) definitely has provided much improved flavor.

Will I stop using my Naughty tanks? Hell no. I still enjoy them. There are definite pluses and minuses to both, as with all vape gear. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kabuki as an outstanding tank, and one that will surely outlive any of my Naughties.

PS. My Kabukii are authies. I can't speak to the klowns.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Knight, tho I can't speak to the Triton tanks or coils, I do know that for me, using the Naughty coils in both the Naughty tanks and the Kabuki has been a true eye opener. I would not have thought that a different tank would make that much difference, but the design and construction of the Kabuki (air flow, chimney diameter, base construction) definitely has provided much improved flavor.

Will I stop using my Naughty tanks? Hell no. I still enjoy them. There are definite pluses and minuses to both, as with all vape gear. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kabuki as an outstanding tank, and one that will surely outlive any of my Naughties.

PS. My Kabukii are authies. I can't speak to the klowns.
"If you've got the notion..."
(I second that emotion)

Pukkita

Sep 3, 2015
Let's hope they produce something worthy this time... As I mentioned lately I am swapping coils much more frequently than I used to (my fault, I consistently forget to lower the wattage when switching back and forth from a velocity and a nautilus), and this has make me notice oustanding differences between coils even from the same box.

Some have a metallic taste until at least 5-10ml, others taste right straight from the blister, others are so-so and become unusable after 15ml... I never run any of them higher than 12W.

The cubis RBA design looks very nice for vertical rebuilding:

I don't own a nautilus mini, taste in MTL from a regular nautilus and the Kabuki its not always night and day, it depends on the juice also.

For the reasons exposed by Katdarling (far superior airflow, shorter and wider chimney) however, is my reference tank in terms of flavor and performance consistency.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
06d0507ecd410baf105d2c5f21695d33.jpg

Can't say I dislike the combo of kabuki mini volt. With the way most of us vape - 15 watts or so battery life last probably a work day. I need to gauge how many mo per battery but at $30 for the mod I feelings a good pairing for the triton mini coil and nautilus tanks given their design to be smaller.

Maybe not strictly to the topic but figured id mention it.

Hope you're all well.

As a big time user of clr coils in three tanks. Ego one. Ego mega. pico Clone I researched heavily the cubis. If you check the thread here on it there are virtually no compelling reasons to buy one for me - problems with he coils. Leaking every fill. Etc. the clr coils provide a much more dense cape and probably more flavor - but in still giving the triton coils mkre of s chance. The biggest problem is how quickly the kanthal ones die. I need to stick to my researched routine on usage. Hen the life is ok.

Right now the 1-1 pico clone wih clr adaptor available from 3f vape would probably make a bunch of you very happy. The clr coils are about $12-13 a pack. So you can throw them away if you don't want to rebuild and if you do want to rebuild they're made for it. I have 20-25 of them now. Right now in not rebuilding. But when I do I do ten at a time. Takes half an hour. Watching tv. Couldn't be any easier.

Unfortunately I just think the limitations wih their design are too high for the triton coils. They got flavor right. But the tiny amount of cotton just can't stand up to more modern coils. I wish they'd done a slight redesign and thrown the nautilus comparability out the window honestly. I expect to see a new generation of mouth to lung stuff coming this year - regulations allowing. Pbusardo had an interesting statement on who is stepping up in this kind of Vaping - I can't remember- wish I could - what he said but it was someone I didn't expect. Maybe innokin? Just saw the t22 kit. Wish they sold the tank separately.

It gets to the point though when we have bought the tanks that if coils tastes good but don't last long - well how long do you stick with it Blvd buy a new tank and get twice as much time from the coils.

For me I'll probably be selling one kabuki (the 510) and my aspire Pegasus mini kit at s pretty good price at the least and maybe keeping the p3 and kabuki. But it's tough when the ego clr coils are genuinely that much better. And I own three tanks capable of taking them. And I can make he coils exactly the build I want.

I guess time will tell. One more
Pack of triton mini coils then I'll
Decide. It's a shame no was super hyped on these and hen they all just died within a day or two. Except the nickel Coils.

Last edited:

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I really like that mini volt Kabuki combo. Is the 510 spring loaded on that?
You should keep the P3 and Kabuki. VVTF is coming out with a v2 RBA that will work with the Kabuki. While I only have the original version I really like it with the Kabuki.

Ive pretty much moved on from the Triton mini/Nautilus BVC coils.
I found the Triton mini coils basically unusable in the Nautilus.
I had better success with them in the Kabuki, but I was still disappointed in the life span. The 1.8 claptons probaly worked the best for me but not good enough to get regular use, plus did I mention they just didnt last long enough.

Its hard to get into those coils when there are better options. You mentioned the clr coils. Ive never used one of those tanks but I will keep an eye out. I ended up using the Sub tank mini (RBA) over finishing up the triton mini coils while waiting for better options to use in my rotation. It did the job but isnt really a great MTL option.

I do have two of those VVTF V1 RBA coils going now. One in the P3 Kabuki and one in the mini Nautilus both at 1 ohm. While they may not be up to the level of quality RBAs out there they greatly outperform any of the the replaceable options for these tanks. But this thread was really about replaceable coils for the Nautilus/Kabuki/Triton mini.
Maybe someone here has had success with the Nautilus cisco spec coils?

Reactions: aikanae1

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I really like that mini volt Kabuki combo. Is the 510 spring loaded on that?
You should keep the P3 and Kabuki. VVTF is coming out with a v2 RBA that will work with the Kabuki. While I only have the original version I really like it with the Kabuki.

Ive pretty much moved on from the Triton mini/Nautilus BVC coils.
I found the Triton mini coils basically unusable in the Nautilus.
I had better success with them in the Kabuki, but I was still disappointed in the life span. The 1.8 claptons probaly worked the best for me but not good enough to get regular use, plus did I mention they just didnt last long enough.

Its hard to get into those coils when there are better options. You mentioned the clr coils. Ive never used one of those tanks but I will keep an eye out. I ended up using the Sub tank mini (RBA) over finishing up the triton mini coils while waiting for better options to use in my rotation. It did the job but isnt really a great MTL option.

I do have two of those VVTF V1 RBA coils going now. One in the P3 Kabuki and one in the mini Nautilus both at 1 ohm. While they may not be up to the level of quality RBAs out there they greatly outperform any of the the replaceable options for these tanks. But this thread was really about replaceable coils for the Nautilus/Kabuki/Triton mini.
Maybe someone here has had success with the Nautilus cisco spec coils?

Well I have the pick to use with the mini volt. As for spring loaded. ... Checking ....

Absolutely is.

If you get a tank that takes CL/CLR coils don't judge it bass on CL coils. They're not good. The CLR are great but where they .... is rebuilding them exactly how you want. I also don't find the cotton they use very good. So I get a pack and rework them before use. Then I buy,d them how I want. Also the temp control CLR coils have a much bigger air intake which you probably don't want. So buy regular ones and then but,d with nickel titanium njfe48 whatever.
I just got in on a blowout of the Hindi m class so I probably won't keep the p3. Mine has had several issues. They're resolving them but it's very long for the battery life for my tastes. I do love their implementation of boost though. I wish everyone had that.

The ego mega tank is $13 fwiw. Pretty much everywhere. People complain about the fill window but it's fine on the mega for me, too small on the ego one tank.

The ego mega tank isn't exact,y big for how much liquid it holds either.

The ego one coils can be rebuilt in literally two minutes too. If you watch a YouTube video just understand they're going super slow. I build 28 gauge 7 wrap spaced coils ~ 1.2 ohm and I build two packs in half an hour easily.

Here's the ego mega tank on mini volt. Obviously I wouldn't get white but for size comparison to the kabuki pic. And a kabuki next to it.

Forgive the fog hair my baby just had some surgery so she gets to shed all over me.

4e4cac53e657ffbcdedf76f2f97f19f9.jpg

49e3842081ffa7e2bdea30bff5068f0f.jpg

It's a hair bigger (the white is an optical illusion of being substantialmy bugger. It isn't) but holds a lot more liquid than the kabuki. I'll probably grab another mega instead of using the pics. Eventually. Or the tron t tank in black ~$16

I think they hold 4.5ml of juice. I could be wrong. I fill them a lot less than the kabuki. The ego mega tastes the best from the mega one and pico clone with CLR adaptor. And has the best density. So likely that will be my go to. I use need one that is black lol,

Edit the pico is tangibly smaller than the kabuki or mega. And pairs the best wi the mini volt.

9a810918eb1398e85dfed52f22412590.jpg

Given the size I may keep using this on the mini volt. The pico clone with CLR adaptor is 1:1 and available for $22 on 3f. They have two kinds. I'd suggest the one labeled 1:1

981727c7453a3ad16af378d2b33ee190.jpg

Also with the CLR. If you don't like it. Then you're judging your but,d. Nothing else. The factory build is fine. My build is better for me. And like I said. Rewind with your favorite cotton - rayon whatever. Just so it tastes right to you.

One annoyance with the. In volt and the only issue I have is I don't care for the fact it turns itself off after not being used for 15 mins. Means that each session I have to five click it. However. It's not exactly a big deal - I'd just prefer it didn't do it.

2600 mah vs 650 mah vs 1300 mah. This is the issue with the provari. I have to put it on 499/500 mode to go out with it at which point it's much larger than most 650 mods with less than half the battery life. Here it is in 350 mode and hybrid with the kabuki

307c7d54b87e1c4cde15799d4d03e7f2.jpg

Last edited:

SmilingWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2015
I've been using a Nautilus tank, but I recently ordered the Aspire Odyssey Kit with the Triton Mini (with the goal to vape at higher vattages and still maintain a mouth to lung style). I was confused about the three types of Triton coils included in the kit - thank you for the informative and interesting reference read!

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thanks for the advice and the pics. Im really liking the pico with the mini volt and I have no problem rebuilding the coils. Im going to check that combo out.

I think you're going to be happy with any of the devices taking clr coils. The clr coils are just that good. After reading he cubis thread it seems like joytech couldn't even improve on them

At the end of the day you have a little wire wrapped exactly how you want and the wicking material you choose. A small oath straight to your mouth.

I do find the triton mini coils have some flavor that's not pure. Probably the wick they choose or how little cotton there is.

Anyway. Enjoy it!

Cost of entry to the joytech setup is so low.

Ego mega $13
Pico clone with clr $22
Entire ego one kit $27
Pack of 5 rebuildable coils that potentially last a lifetime and are the equivalent of 5 rba setups $12

It's just so low it's hard not to recommend. $25-35 can get you a whole new setup that tastes amazing and allows you to never buy coils again but almost maintain the same level
Of convenience.

I too like @hobbes4 am waiting for the new rba before I get rid of everything hat takes nautilus and triton coils and one more pack of coils to try then I'm done probably. At the end of t with aspire products I wish I'd stick with the triton and 1.8 coils only because the triton mini coils for how good they can be just don't last.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Well
I have a triton and the 1.8 coils I certainly my can't say they're better than the mini coils in any way other than perhaps longevity. The hole in the middle is smaller for those looking to upgrade from the nautilus coils who think the center hole is too big in the triton mini coils. I'll post a couple side by side picks when I change the tank around or so. Based on the positive feedback the full size triton has received I expected them to blow the mini coils away. I could possibly argue the flavor is better with the mini coils but I reality it's just different. I certainly don't think he full size triton and 1.8 coils are worth trying. If you're looking for the next step from the nautilus tanks id probably move on from aspire. I'm really bummed the full size triton 1.8 aren't better. I guess here's a chance there still breaking in but I find them very harsh - muted flavor - mediocre vape density. Just nothing special at all. What a bummer.

Sorry to say so.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I try to avoid trying new stuff very often, if I can help it, unless it is cheap. Awhile back, because they were cheap, I got a Kabuki clone and a KSD Vamo 25W Mini Box Mod (uses 18350 batteries).

I wasn't all that hung ho on the Kabuki clone at first, until I got the airflow set where I don't have to mess with it anymore. The adjustable center pin on the 510 connector likes to try to screw itself out when unscrewing the tank off of a battery device, but I seem to have broken it of that habit - at least on the KSD Vamo (still does it every single time on my IPV D2). Now I'm loving my Kabuki clone. I use it almost exclusively over my Mini Nautilus tanks - though those tanks are not bad, and still have a thing or two in their favor over the Kabuki.

The Kabuki clone just tastes better and produces more vapor than my Mini Nautilus tanks. The difference isn't huge, but it is noticeable enough to have made me switch to the Kabuki as my primary topper. The Kabuki is heavier, but much shorter, than the Mini Nautilus, making it s good looking topper on the small KSD Vamo.

I had to change the drip tip though. The short, friction fit, oddly shaped, way too wide open bore, delrin drip tip that came with the Kabuki clone was kind of a joke. I swapped it for a narrower bore, chrome plated delrin drip tip from a GS Air Tank I don't use much. That worked wonders. A much better vape now, and a better fit to boot. (I think it looks a little nicer too.)

While I used to prefer standard 1.8 ohm Nautilus BVC heads in my Mini Nautilus tanks, I'm much preferring the 1.6 ohm BVC heads in my Kabuki. Which is a good thing, since I'm having a hard time finding 1.8 ohm heads anymore anyway. I hated the Triton Mini/Nautilus 1.8 ohm Clapton coils. They required twice the power to run well, tended to produce too much vapor and hit too hard for a MTL vape, and only lasted a day or two before going bad. Way too sensitive a coil head.

I'm very concerned that regular Nautilus BVC heads may be going away in favor of the newer Triton Mini/Nautilus heads that I just don't think are as good. I hope that isn't what Aspire is planning. I actually preferred the older style, ceramic wick Naughty BVC heads (other than the wick hole size), but those went away, and now the all cotton wicked ones just don't seem to last as long.

Reactions: fiKnight

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Where does one get this Pico CLR adapter I've heard mentioned here? 3FVape doesn't appear to list it, though they have the Pico clone.

For something to build on that would be a good MTL RTA I've been considering the Goblin Mini V2. They have some black ones coming out soon which I think would look and perform well. Reviews are good on the stainless ones, but there is no option to throw a any kind of factory coil head in one. That's okay. I just need one RTA that is better suited, and more user friendly, for MTL use than my old Kayfun Lite Plus I haven't bothered to build on (or use) in years.

Are there any alternative quality build Nautilus coil heads out there - not made by Aspire, other than the usual clones? Maybe we could list all available Nautilus coils here, along with whatever tanks they will fit in? I've tried the 2 types of temp control coil heads out there for the Nautilus. They did not work well for MTL style vaping. In my experience, with several TC tanks supposedly suitable for it, TC heads just don't work at all for MTL vaping, or most sub ohm tanks in general.

I can hardly wait to see more modern MTL oriented tanks appear on the market. The Kabuki clone I'm digging right now is the first to get me excited in awhile, but I wouldn't call it "modern". It is pretty old school really, but maybe that's about all we really need? I sure could use top fill though - one that actually works.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It comes wih the 3fvape 1:1 clone. The parts are a bit confusing. It's basically a chimney cap. A base plate. And a 510 push through. Next time I take apart the pico clone I'll post pics of the three parts. You can also get the authentic adaptor which I may do. As I feel the clone one is the one part not 1:1. I think the adapter is $25.

The authentic kabuki 510 also unscrews the 510 pin. It's a disaster. And support still hasn't replaced the oart supposedly worked on for s long time now in the insulator. So modification or pin swap
Is necessary for the triton coils.

The 1.8 is the worst of the triton
Mini coils imo. The 1.2 are way better.

I actually just stuck a vapor shark bvc nickel nautilus coil in the triton mini tank and it works accept halt though not as good as the triton nickel coils. It was terrible in the kabuki. I guess the extra airflow works out. better. It's interesting because when s coil has a tiny inner hole the airflow on the base being open or closed to me really tunes it. So I prefer a lot of airflow availability for the nautilus coils. It makes them work better. Whereas the triton mini coil howls I do agree are a bit too big. Surprising that the full size triton 1.8 has half the inner hole as the triton mini coils. Which are meant for mouth to lung largely.

If you haven't tried all three triton coils k still say they're a massive step up with the exception of the Clapton which just aren't good at all. I guess for those who prefer a more anemic vape that produces about halve the volume as a puff on an analog the nautilus are better. The triton mini kanthal can be tuned much better up or down than the Claptons. So give one a shot at 13-14 watts they too at 18-20. At those power levels it's very close. But I feel you have to rely on shutting airflow down more on the base to tune the coil vs the nautilus coils.

Swampus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2016
Nature Coast, FL
Great thread you guys got going here. A lot of good info and ideas for a new vaper like me.
Been using the 1.8 nautilus bvc..I don't know if the 1.6 would be that different. I'm going to try the 1.2 coils out and see if I like em.
I didn't like the claptons at all, I think they were giving me a sore throat.. not sure if I want to try the TC yet, not sure if it's good for MTL or even where to start with the temp..maybe later..
I get coils from vapeshop (used to called wolrd of vape) for $10/$11 a pack, I think that's good.
Also, going to try the rda/rta types.
Anyways Thanks for the good read.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Great thread you guys got going here. A lot of good info and ideas for a new vaper like me.
Been using the 1.8 nautilus bvc..I don't know if the 1.6 would be that different. I'm going to try the 1.2 coils out and see if I like em.
I didn't like the claptons at all, I think they were giving me a sore throat.. not sure if I want to try the TC yet, not sure if it's good for MTL or even where to start with the temp..maybe later..
I get coils from vapeshop (used to called wolrd of vape) for $10/$11 a pack, I think that's good.
Also, going to try the rda/rta types.
Anyways Thanks for the good read.

There is not a huge difference between the regular 1.6 and 1.8 ohm Nautilus could. Some people have said the 1.8s are more consistent than the 1.6s in performance. The 1.6 ohm coils have a bit more airflow, which just seems to be working better for me on the Kabuki clone. I don't think that benefits you as much with a Nautilus tank, because they are a bit more restricted in airflow. I do think I'm getting slightly better mileage out of the 1.6 ohm Naughty coils in the Kabuki compared to the 1.8s. That's important to my pocketbook, so I'll probably stick with them as long as they are around.

Yeah, I think the Claptons suck - though people were initially quite impressed with them. I have yet to try the 1.2 ohm Mini Triton/Naughty coils, but it looks like I should. I don't like the extra power these newer coils require though.

I'm running a fresh 1.6 ohm head in the Kabuki clone right now. I usually break in fresh heads at low voltage and then slowly ramp the power up over the first day to my usual level. I started at 3.7 volts, headed toward about 4.2 volts, which I usually don't go much over - if ever. Even at just 3.8 volts, this particular coil in this particular tank is running really nicely.

Mind you, I'm currently running this setup on a little KSD Vamo box mod that only runs on one 800mah 18350 battery, so I don't have a lot of spare power to be wasting on coils that require a lot of juice to run optimally. Running those newer 1.2 ohm coils might end up cutting my usual battery runtime in half - which seems unnecessary if I'm already getting a satisfactory vape at half the volts. I think that's significant.

Of course, I've been vaping for years, slowly dropping my nicotine levels as I go. (I'm down to 0.6% these days.) So my needs for super amounts of vapor and throat hit may not be as strong as that of others here using similar equipment.

While TC is cool (but not absolutely necessary) if you are a direct lung hit sub ohmer, I don't there is any very good equipment for using it well to MTL vape - unless maybe you are building and wicking your own coils.

MTL setups don't have monster airflow like sub ohm systems have and need to run cool enough. So a TC MTL setup tends to run hot, often hotter over time (especially if you chain vape, like me) than the setup can handle without shutting itself down all the time. As far as I know, all TC coils (at least factory ones) are pretty much 1 ohm and below - typically 0.5 or even 0.25 ohm. That takes a lot of power to ramp up quickly enough to satisfy, but runs hot very quickly as well without massive airflow - which just isn't how MTL vaping works. It's almost an apples to oranges difference.

For the most part, other than the experience of it, I feel like my forays into sub ohm vaping and TC vaping were a complete waste of time and money. But hey, I had to tried it out, right?

Swampus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2016
Nature Coast, FL
There is not a huge difference between the regular 1.6 and 1.8 ohm Nautilus

Thanks for that info..I need to order coils, so prolly get 1 pack of 1.2 to try, but most likely wont like using the extra juice and power. I'll order 1.8's that I like so far..and only run +/- 10w with em.
since I'm having a hard time finding 1.8 ohm heads anymore anyway
if you are having trouble finding coils "vapeshop" has all of em and the clr coils mentioned somewhere above.

Gonna try to get a rta/rda so I can atleast change the cotton (can't stand that burnt taste) and change flavors up without to much hassle. I really like the nautilus mini's so far, undecided on trying the kabuki though as it has the 510 pin problem, but it does sound like a good choice for flavor (which I am still chasing)..

And will for sure wait awhile before messing with TC (if at all) I really like the flavors to keep me vaping an off analogs, not into the clouds.. Only been doing this since last month.

Thanks again

fiKnight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Calgary
www.mysticvapor.ca
I hated the Triton Mini/Nautilus 1.8 ohm Clapton coils. They required twice the power to run well, tended to produce too much vapor and hit too hard for a MTL vape, and only lasted a day or two before going bad. Way too sensitive a coil head.

Thanks for this man. I was considering buying a few packs from fasttech, but now I'm convinced I should stick with Nauti BVC's. Cheers!

I've got a Kabuki clone on the way from fasttech. We'll see if it beats my beloved Nauti Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread