Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
So been using my iStick TC100 for a few days now. I am enjoying it as a backup to my dna-200 (which needs to be charged midday). The battery life is nice and I can go at least a day (chain vaping).

One con I have noticed is it gives a low battery warning starting at about 25% and wont fire unless I press the button twice. It only does this if it has been idle for a few minutes. I would prefer it not interrupt my vaping habit by giving me a low battery warning. But with upgradeable firmware, this might be something they could change in the future. Again, not a huge deal, but it is annoying at times.

The TC seems to be fairly accurate (that's going to depend on your wire and TCR setting). I think it is probably more accurate using the TCR, but seems to work well enough using the preset modes too.

Overall, still happy with it.
What batteries are you running in yours? I've been running dual LG HE2s (3000 mAh) in mine and they drain all the way down to 3.2 v without problems. I just switched them out to a pair of Samsung 25Rs (2500 mAh) to see if it makes a difference.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
What batteries are you running in yours? I've been running dual LG HE2s (3000 mAh) in mine and they drain all the way down to 3.2 v without problems. I just switched them out to a pair of Samsung 25Rs (2500 mAh) to see if it makes a difference.

LG HG2's (3000mAh). Brand new set ordered from Illumn.

Reactions: cooladdict

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
That's weird that yours signals low power at 25% but mine doesn't. I am interested in hearing what others have to say. One of us has a mod with an anomaly!

Does yours even do this at all? Interrupt you with a low battery warning forcing you to press the button twice?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
it'd b gorgeous, waiting for my local b&m to start selling white TC100W, currently on shipping, so they said. just can't wait [emoji39]

Sent while vaping using Tapatalk
Nice! I'm glad you will be able to get one locally. I want to see a hand check of the white one! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Okay, I FINALLY got the batteries in the iStick depleted. I ran them all the way down and I did not have to double-press the fire button when the battery got low. I shot a little video of what happened when I got to extremely low power as well as what the batteries read when the mod finally stopped firing. @BigEgo what kind of low battery warning are you getting on yours? Is it the flashing empty battery like mine shows or something else? I am wondering if there might have been an update done at some point and mine isn't yet updated. I can't believe how well this mod works all they way through the battery cycle! I didn't notice much of any drop-off near the end, even though I was looking for it this time.

batteries.PNG

Reactions: TheWestPole

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Yeah mine does that when the battery is nearly dead, but it also gives me a "battery low" warning starting at around 3.6V or so. Not sure if it's a bug or if they just really want you to be reminded that you'll need fresh batteries in a few hours (or days). lol

Also, when my batteries get depleted, my charger says they are at 3.3V, not 3.18. I have a NiteCore D2, so I dunno. It also only charges my batteries (according to the iStick) to 4.15 or so. Not sure if this is something Nitecore does intentionally for safety or if the charger is just inaccurate (or maybe the iStick is inaccurate with its voltage readings). I don't have a multimeter to test.

As to Joyetech doing silent firmware upgrades, it's very possible. These Chinese companies do this type of thing a lot. Different batches will come with different firmware without it being stated in the packaging, etc.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah mine does that when the battery is nearly dead, but it also gives me a "battery low" warning starting at around 3.6V or so. Not sure if it's a bug or if they just really want you to be reminded that you'll need fresh batteries in a few hours (or days). lol

Also, when my batteries get depleted, my charger says they are at 3.3V, not 3.18. I have a NiteCore D2, so I dunno. It also only charges my batteries (according to the iStick) to 4.15 or so. Not sure if this is something Nitecore does intentionally for safety or if the charger is just inaccurate (or maybe the iStick is inaccurate with its voltage readings). I don't have a multimeter to test.

As to Joyetech doing silent firmware upgrades, it's very possible. These Chinese companies do this type of thing a lot. Different batches will come with different firmware without it being stated in the packaging, etc.

We definitely have 2 different versions. I will see if I can get some information on which one is the more updated version. I will play with mine a little bit today. After finding out we could add a Ti setting to the iStick 40w I am curious to know if there are any Easter Eggs on this one!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
@BigEgo What is the wattage set at on your mod? If you're firing that thing at a high power level, the batteries will cut off sooner than if you are firing it at a lower level.
@jseah have you run yours all the way down? Do you get a low battery warning or does it just die when the batteries are depleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread