Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
without battery, my black Radius weighs 145.8g, bottom plate and screws weighs 30.8g. With my Russian on top weight is 268.9g /9.49oz. With battery and no atty 6.69oz/189.8g.

Thanks, E. That's a very reasonable weight (IMO), and changes the landscape dramatically.

I'm not sure I'd do a Ti one if I were them, not at those numbers. It'll make a difference, but not THAT much.

But I since I have absolutely NO business in this conversation anyway, I guess I should probably moonwalk on out of it, eh?
I know y'all were thinking it anyway... no offense taken.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm an equal opportunity criticizer when it comes to career politicians and political parties. They're all scumbags. :)

From his farewell address...

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”

George Washington

In other words, Americans would be more committed to themselves and their party rather than to their country. Surprise, surprise.

Bronze for the win. Thank you, SIR.

Hence my "criminals on the left/criminals on the right" comment.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
without battery, my black Radius weighs 145.8g, bottom plate and screws weighs 30.8g. With my Russian on top weight is 268.9g /9.49oz. With battery and no atty 6.69oz/189.8g.

Cool. A man with a radius and scales. ;)

Uh oh -- so my fuzzy guessing isn't so bad afterall as it seems likely that the top and button area metal would be at least 30.8 g. That would make the metal weight 61.6g----and Voila, that would be 42% of total weight. :thumb: Less than an ounce difference, but more than 1/2 an ounce, if metal was Ti.

But.....the cost would most likely be prohibitive......oh well.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Cool. A man with a radius and scales. ;)

Uh oh -- so my fuzzy guessing isn't so bad afterall as it seems likely that the top and button area metal would be at least 30.8 g. That would be 42% of total weight.

So you're talking about saving 10 grams? Am I following your logic? If so, not worth i....

DAMMIT! Sorry. I never was too good at that moonwalk thing. Let's try this again...

Buhbye.:unsure:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The reality is Provape, or any company for that matter will never be able to meet every expectation.

Examples:

P3:
You mean it's "ONLY" 20 watts?
The menu system? Meh, it's too complex
What? No Temp Control?
One button? What's with that?

Radius:
What? It's not dual battery?
It's only 40 watts?
I'd buy one, if only it was all metal.
That "plastic" case?

And the list goes on and on.

My point is Provape thought it might be fun if they offered people the opportunity to customize their Radius to better fit their aesthetic interests. What other mod make is doing this? I'd hazard a guess the answer is NONE. Provape offers more options with the best mods on the planet. And yet, for some it's still not enough.

I have no doubt they'll offer more options in the future, but I'm kind of surprised at the disappointment.

I'm only disappointed I can't justify a 5th Radius. I think the option are pretty nice for dressing up a stock Radius (which in itself is pretty nice looking).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry Longo -- It would be more like 20.52 grams. Close to 3/4 of an ounce; unless I made a booboo in my math or typo in the conversion charts. ;)

No more for me now -- time to take a nap. :lol:

No apology necessary, T. We're talking about a difference (between your calculation and mine) of 1/3 of an ounce.

Now, on SOME subjects, that's a lot. But on the subject of weight difference in a mod? Almost imperceptible.

Check it again after your nap though, to be sure, since I'm having this conversation between work stuffs. Better yet, don't even bother, since it doesn't appear that they'll be doing a Ti version anyway.

All that for nothing. :laugh:

OK now, let's try this ONE MORE TIME!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
The reality is Provape, or any company for that matter will never be able to meet every expectation.

Examples:

P3:
You mean it's "ONLY" 20 watts?
The menu system? Meh, it's too complex
What? No Temp Control?
One button? What's with that?

Radius:
What? It's not dual battery?
It's only 40 watts?
I'd buy one, if only it was all metal.
That "plastic" case?

And the list goes on and on.

My point is Provape thought it might be fun if they offered people the opportunity to customize their Radius to better fit their aesthetic interests. What other Mod make is doing this? I'd hazard a guess the answer is NONE. Provape offers more options with the best mods on the planet. And yet, for some it's still not enough.

I have no doubt they'll offer more options in the future, but I'm kind of surprised at the disappointment.
I'm not surprised at all. That's like expecting we all should like black or orange or even strawberries. Now what would surprise me is everyone being giddy & super stoked about it. I'm a firm believer if a company no longer meets my needs, there are other options out there.

ProVape may have thought this was fun, but at the cost of the Radius I also feel this should've been an option the moment the Radius was available for purchase- if any other company had done this we'd be calling it a money grab, but since it's ProVape they get a pass??? :blink:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I'm not surprised at all. That's like expecting we all should like black or orange or even strawberries. Now what would surprise me is everyone being giddy & super stoked about it. I'm a firm believer if a company no longer meets my needs, there are other options out there.

ProVape may have thought this was fun, but at the cost of the Radius I also feel this should've been an option the moment the Radius was available for purchase- if any other company had done this we'd be calling it a money grab, but since it's ProVape they get a pass??? :blink:

OK......Kind of at a loss for words with that........:glare:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
It's Democrats who are more likely to tell people what they can or cannot smoke, vape, eat, or drink. Nanny Bloomberg or Michelle Obama ring a bell? Of course, there are plenty of GOPers who do similar but in the area of vaping I think we're going to find the Dems are in the lead for regulating vaping.
Both parties, based on their particular ideological stance, have their own lists drawn of freedoms they would subdue if given the opportunity. With regard to vaping, there's no question of what you say. Case in point: HR 2058 (the bill that would turn back the clock on FCC Deeming authority over vaping products) was submitted by a Republican. At present, it has 48 co-sponsors—all Republican. Not one single Democrat with the inclination or courage to think outside his or her ideological box among them.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
This is just a thought- I never wanted a Ti ProVari only because it didn't appeal to me but (correct me if I'm wrong) with so many people wanting a Ti Radius, why should weight be an issue? Or is it just not cost productive for ProVape to make one other than just making one b/c it's Ti. Weight aside, I think it would sell like hotcakes.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Both parties, based on their particular ideological stance, have their own lists drawn of freedoms they would subdue if given the opportunity. With regard to vaping, there's no question of what you say. Case in point: HR 2058 (the bill that would turn back the clock on FCC Deeming authority over vaping products) was submitted by a Republican. At present, it has 48 co-sponsors—all Republican. Not one single Democrat with the inclination or courage to think outside his or her ideological box among them.
And in the end we have no one to blame but ourselves for electing (and re-electing) these clowns in office.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is just a thought- I never wanted a Ti ProVari only because it didn't appeal to me but (correct me if I'm wrong) with so many people wanting a Ti Radius, why should weight be an issue? Or is it just not cost productive for ProVape to make one other than just making one b/c it's Ti. Weight aside, I think it would sell like hotcakes.
I don't know Lex. Bottom line is ProVape offers products and it is our choice as to whether we want to pay for them. The Radius was a worthy purchase for many people without all the new fancy patterns and customization options. That they added these options later is just a bonus the way I see it. No one has to buy it.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX

Maybe I'm just speaking for me here, but the entire appeal of Ti *is* the weight issue. Why would I carry around a 190g Radius when my 2.5 GMZ weighs 138g, and the 2.5 Ti weighs 103g and all vape the same for me? When I had the Radius, I made the mistake once of carrying it in a shorts pocket when I wasn't wearing a belt :oops:

So, if true that "Ti-ing" the Radius would not cut the weight by much then there indeed isn't much point. I'll just wait for the P4 in 2017, FDA willing.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Maybe I'm just speaking for me here, but the entire appeal of Ti *is* the weight issue. Why would I carry around a 190g Radius when my 2.5 GMZ weighs 138g, and the 2.5 Ti weighs 103g and all vape the same for me? When I had the Radius, I made the mistake once of carrying it in a shorts pocket when I wasn't wearing a belt :oops:

So, if true that "Ti-ing" the Radius would not cut the weight by much then there indeed isn't much point. I'll just wait for the P4 in 2017, FDA willing.
That's one of the reasons why I said this is just a thought. I normally stay out of Ti discussion cause I know very little about it's properties. I figure they've offered Ti in the other ProVaris; why not the Radius is all.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I don't know Lex. Bottom line is ProVape offers products and it is our choice as to whether we want to pay for them. The Radius was a worthy purchase for many people without all the new fancy patterns and customization options. That they added these options later is just a bonus the way I see it. No one has to buy it.
True. So true!!!!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'm very happy ProVape came out with custom options. I like being able to pick and choose what I want. That doesn't mean I HAVE to buy another one right now. I happen to be one that uses all my mods and my 2.5's just keep on ticking. No need to replace them.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I played around with the various options for the radius and you can add almost a $100.00 over the plain jane radius. 33% more and what does it do for your vaping experience? My fire button is blue and I never notice it with my big finger over it.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I played around with the various options for the radius and you can add almost a $100.00 over the plain jane radius. 33% more and what does it do for your vaping experience? My fire button is blue and I never notice it with my big finger over it.

Personal preference Ping. Just like getting some options on a car. Most of which don't make a car go any faster or really do much different in real world use. Yet, it's nice for those who would enjoy the options to have the option to get them.

Aren't you a BIG proponent of Ti? You've paid more to have Provari's in Titanium. Other than weighing less in your hand, I would ask you if it vapes any better than one in Stainless Steel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread