Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been a long time lurker and have learned a lot, but I had to sign up to respond to some of the 'side by side vape time' "tests" that are being done.

A lot of people in this thread have been doing side by side vape counter time comparisons against the vtc mini, which is great. However, some of the testing is flawed. if you're going to do a valid comparison, keep everything controlled except for the one variable you are testing.

I bought 3 new batteries (green samsung 25r). one for my vtc, two for the cuboid. charged both devices via the USB to ensure similar charging. I used a NI200 twisted 28g coil in a serpent RTA that came in at .09 on both devices and airflow wide open.

On both devices I set it to the M1 setting (which I had set to 710 because I prefer this setting vs. the generic NI setting), wattage was set to 40, and temp was set to 440.

vaped both until the battery light started flashing.

cuboid : 781 seconds.
vtc mini : 524 seconds.

I urge others to test, but please if you test, keep everything (everything!) the same, it does no good to change the temp from one device to another, or set the wattage differently, or use a different rda, or RTA, or build a new coil for the same tank, or whatever. Keep everything exactly the same except for the one variable, which is what device you are using it on.

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant (on a first post no less), hope I was more of a help than a ranting lunatic.
I reported a comparison on a previous page and did as you say and started the test with new batteries that were charged externally. I got more seconds from the mini. May be there is some error in my method but I don't see it. It would be fascinating to know how I got the result. In the mean time the mini gets the job. I wish the manufactures would make more mods optimized for lower powers then get that share of the market by explaining the benefits possible from the lower max watts. I have the same frustration with rda's. The vast majority of rda's are compromised for dual coils and direct lung inhales even though there are plenty of people like me who only do single coils and MTL. I can't complain, I'm not smoking and saving a lot of money.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I am using RTA,
I like mtl not straight to lung, and I like flavor.
I am usin 12mg nic.
I have Squape RS ( problem with dry hits and leaking :( ) and Kayfun 3.1ES.
I ordered also Geekvape Griffin
I never tried TC but till now I am using +- 1.0 ohm....I tried 0.6 ohm but it was strong for me with 12mg nic.
I am using Nemesis with VTC4 batt.

I can have Cuboid for 32.77$ and vtc mini for 31.77$

Odoslané z SM-N920C pomocou Tapatalku
If I was you I'd go with the mini. The Griffin looks pretty good on it too...

d72e2e80d6c72f9ccdd2baf4e8eca6a8.jpg

For size reference...
212cbfa53fc7ba062f23512270470f70.jpg

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
so ive been using my cuboid for a bit.
And im starting to get atomizer shorts already. Happens 10% of the time with my Crown, 95% of the time with my Subtank mini. Also getting a sticky fire button on occassion, maybe im pressing too hard on it.

If i do have to replace the 510, anyone know a good place to order a new one from? And what size torx screw driver do I need? (lowest I had was a t7, but was still slightly too big)
Iv never replaced a 510, but most people use Fat Daddy Vapes 510's.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Btsmokincat Nice, thanks. Is griffin good also for mtl? And what watt range are you using?

Odoslané z SM-N920C pomocou Tapatalku
I'm strictly a lung inhaler but I just tried it with the airflow just barely open, It's not really designed for MTL but I think it could work.

I'm running dual .40 ohm 26/34 gauge 2.4 mm ID claptons at 40 watts. Clouds and flavor to spare!

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've been a long time lurker and have learned a lot, but I had to sign up to respond to some of the 'side by side vape time' "tests" that are being done.

A lot of people in this thread have been doing side by side vape counter time comparisons against the vtc mini, which is great. However, some of the testing is flawed. if you're going to do a valid comparison, keep everything controlled except for the one variable you are testing.

I bought 3 new batteries (green samsung 25r). one for my vtc, two for the cuboid. charged both devices via the USB to ensure similar charging. I used a NI200 twisted 28g coil in a serpent RTA that came in at .09 on both devices and airflow wide open.

On both devices I set it to the M1 setting (which I had set to 710 because I prefer this setting vs. the generic NI setting), wattage was set to 40, and temp was set to 440.

vaped both until the battery light started flashing.

cuboid : 781 seconds.
vtc mini : 524 seconds.

I urge others to test, but please if you test, keep everything (everything!) the same, it does no good to change the temp from one device to another, or set the wattage differently, or use a different RDA, or RTA, or build a new coil for the same tank, or whatever. Keep everything exactly the same except for the one variable, which is what device you are using it on.

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant (on a first post no less), hope I was more of a help than a ranting lunatic.

You'll find my test on page 31, and like @Btsmokincat I tried my best to keep any Flaws down to a minimum. It's hard to do as I find flaws present in some of my tests and have to start all over again. I do strive for perfection (same as most of us do) in these tests, so as to NOT lead anyone astray with my findings and be as helpful as possible, especially to those looking to buy one of the articles under test. These are all very informal tests done by people not trained in professional testing procedures, but do try to put their best effort into it. Remember, we are NOT Trained Professionals, just regular guys and gals that love to vape and want to share their vaping experiences with other like minded people. Maybe you are expecting more than most of us are equipped to offer.

Reactions: samagon

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
My wife stopped using her cuboid so I gave it another shot. I noticed something new. I took a four second puff and put it down. I was about to take another one ten minutes later but I when I picked it up it was very warm. I checked the batteries and they were cold. I don't know what to make out of that. It doesn't make sense to me. I think this mod needs an improved version two. I really like the form factor and I would love to use it more but I'm a little afraid to do so.

That is not good. Could you're button have stuck on you and you didn't notice it ? Also, some drippers tend to heat up mod's when using high wattage (if that was what you were using at the time), other than that, maybe the 510 connection inside you're Cuboid is flaky. I don't remember how long the warranty period is for these, but DJLsb has a video where he completely takes one apart and reassembles it and goes on to finish his review of the same Cuboid

Mine is only a few weeks old and I have had no issues with it, tonight I built a Aromamizer 6ml and put it on my Cuboid to test out, Fits very nicely and looks good too. Sorry to hear of you're predicament, but hope you can find and resolve the problem you're having with the least amount cost and effort possible.

Reactions: Fullknight

samagon

Feb 8, 2016
You'll find my test on page 31, and like @Btsmokincat I tried my best to keep any Flaws down to a minimum. It's hard to do as I find flaws present in some of my tests and have to start all over again. I do strive for perfection (same as most of us do) in these tests, so as to NOT lead anyone astray with my findings and be as helpful as possible, especially to those looking to buy one of the articles under test. These are all very informal tests done by people not trained in professional testing procedures, but do try to put their best effort into it. Remember, we are NOT Trained Professionals, just regular guys and gals that love to vape and want to share their vaping experiences with other like minded people. Maybe you are expecting more than most of us are equipped to offer.

Fair enough, but it's still good to do as clean a test as possible and make everything as similar as possible.

Anywho, looking at your results and mine, they aren't that dissimilar. cuboid gets better life, but not by as much as it should be expected to get. Ultimately, I'm okay with the battery life. I like the way joyetech handles temp control compared with others I have sampled.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Just got my Cuboid delivered this morning along with two sets of LG HG2 batteries (my other batteries are a mix of Sony VTC4's, VTC5's, and Efest 35A's that have all seen differing amounts of use in my single-cell mechanical mods, so I needed some married pairs for the Cuboid). This thing is heavy at 350 grams with batteries and my Mephisto RDA clone. I thought my iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro was heavy for its size but the Cuboid is the same size* but weighs 50% more! But I like it, it feels very solid.

This is my first mod with temperature control, and as I vape exclusively with RDA's and don't have any tanks with prebuilt TC coils, I'm going to need to do some more research before I use the temperature control modes. I bought some nickel, titanium, and stainless (316L) wire to play around with -- 30 feet of each in 26 gauge and 28 gauge -- so I'm good to go on the materials front. I just need to learn a bit more about building TC coils first.

But I've been enjoying the Cuboid in VW mode so far. The resistance of my coils on the Cuboid match the readings I get on my multimeter and both of my MVP 3.0 Pros. And it works just fine in VW mode. I've finally able to take advantage of some builds that just did not work well on the MVP 3.0 Pro because of its 60 watt limit, like a 22 gauge dual coil at 0.3 ohms, which is vaping beautifully at 120 watts. On the MVP, a build like that is simply too much wire to heat up at 60 watts.

I'll post again with more of my thoughts once I get to know the Cuboid a bit better and once I've had the chance to give temperature control a try. But so far I'm loving the Cuboid, and still cannot believe that such a powerful and feature-rich mod was stuffed into such a compact housing for less than $40. It is amazing how far things have come since I started vaping with an original Joye 510 e-cig just 7 years ago.

*The Cuboid feels smaller in the hand than the MVP 3.0 Pro because it is a lot shorter in length and height, but it is also quite a bit thicker. I calculated the volume of each mod and they are almost identical.

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
Just got my Cuboid delivered this morning along with two sets of LG HG2 batteries (my other batteries are a mix of Sony VTC4's, VTC5's, and Efest 35A's that have all seen differing amounts of use in my single-cell mechanical mods, so I needed some married pairs for the Cuboid). This thing is heavy at 350 grams with batteries and my Mephisto RDA clone. I thought my iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro was heavy for its size but the Cuboid is the same size* but weighs 50% more! But I like it, it feels very solid.

This is my first mod with temperature control, and as I vape exclusively with RDA's and don't have any tanks with prebuilt TC coils, I'm going to need to do some more research before I use the temperature control modes. I bought some nickel, titanium, and stainless (316L) wire to play around with -- 30 feet of each in 26 gauge and 28 gauge -- so I'm good to go on the materials front. I just need to learn a bit more about building TC coils first.

But I've been enjoying the Cuboid in VW mode so far. The resistance of my coils on the Cuboid match the readings I get on my multimeter and both of my MVP 3.0 Pros. And it works just fine in VW mode. I've finally able to take advantage of some builds that just did not work well on the MVP 3.0 Pro because of its 60 watt limit, like a 22 gauge dual coil at 0.3 ohms, which is vaping beautifully at 120 watts. On the MVP, a build like that is simply too much wire to heat up at 60 watts.

I'll post again with more of my thoughts once I get to know the Cuboid a bit better and once I've had the chance to give temperature control a try. But so far I'm loving the Cuboid, and still cannot believe that such a powerful and feature-rich mod was stuffed into such a compact housing for less than $40. It is amazing how far things have come since I started vaping with an original Joye 510 e-cig just 7 years ago.

*The Cuboid feels smaller in the hand than the MVP 3.0 Pro because it is a lot shorter in length and height, but it is also quite a bit thicker. I calculated the volume of each mod and they are almost identical.
Time to update your signature then ;p

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

SirLoki

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2014
Vail,AZ,USA
My wife stopped using her cuboid so I gave it another shot. I noticed something new. I took a four second puff and put it down. I was about to take another one ten minutes later but I when I picked it up it was very warm. I checked the batteries and they were cold. I don't know what to make out of that. It doesn't make sense to me. I think this mod needs an improved version two. I really like the form factor and I would love to use it more but I'm a little afraid to do so.

Depending on the ambient temperature of the room your I the 10 min time and still not cool could be from the zinc alloy the mod is made from. As long as it is just warm and not hot anyway. I have found it takes a long time for my cubiod to cool back from warm in the hand to room temp after use. My aluminum mods do so in 1-2 min where as the cubiod can take up to 15 min to reach room temp again if it gets to say 47 degrees(using the temp read of the mod itself) But that is here in Arizona where it is already 75-80 at midday. At night when it's cooler I can chain vape for 10 min and the mod is barely warm.

So as long as it's just warm and not hot I would chalk it up to the alloy and use away, but if it is getting hot or beyond what you are comfortable using by all means investigate for an issue or flaw we may not have noticed.

darkshaft

Feb 11, 2016
An pleased to ti have found this thread, got cuboid a few days ago along with brand new brown lg hg2.

I have done testing on it, and am not pleased with battery life.

First day, using dual clapton at 0.37 ohm, first thing i noticed that ohm would jump from 0.37 ohm to 0.44 then 0.4 ohm, asked a couple of friends and said they have the same with their cuboid.

For battery life, vaping at 50w with screen off, got 130 puffs, 540 seconds with weak batteries just below 3.5 v

Second day, changed coils used dual 26 awg at 0.48 ohm, and ohm changed to 0.5 ohm then back to 0.48 ohm (downgraded to v 3.0) vaping at 42w

Battery life, 145 puffs, 620 seconds, also weak batteries below 3.5 volts.

It stays with me nearly 12 hrs but a bit disappointed with battery life, was hoping for more, any tips, is this normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread