Not open for further replies.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
goodM-74409959125.jpeg

I'm learning to drink my coffee black. Ugh! Keeping the blood sugar under control.

The Odyssey is looking good. We still have the fifteen we had in December. Anyone wishing to join us drop me a line. Greg has installed bright dock lights and blue floor lights on the boat so we can cruise at night easily if we want to see the Skyline Bridge in the dark.

It has been cold here, for us. By April it should be sunny and warm. The wind is the only factor to consider when boating that time of year.

My time has been spent polishing my book for presentation to an agent at Sleuth Fest convention, and memorizing my pitch. I gleaned out any cliches. I've been advised to consider the many questions I might be asked. I've also been deep into current marketing trends and which work and which don't. Whether traditionally published or self-published. So very busy.

Valentine's Day was a great excuse for the hubby to buy me a new laptop, so this dinosaur has been playing around with a new toy and learning how to transfer via the cloud from my trusty desk top PC to the laptop.

To those of you I haven't been keeping up with in PMs, I haven't forgotten you. I love you dearly. Hoping you all have a very good weekend.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Well, today is day #5 out of 11, and I'm not dead yet. The weather has been beautiful, but cold and windy. The days are getting longer, which I like very much! People keep razzing me about all that big money I'm making by working overtime. Yeah right......tell that to Uncle Sam with his greedy azzzz.

My normal crew came on today minus one who is home sick right now. Work has been steady, but I just learned that we are losing another aircraft at the end of the month. :( That will put us down to four. Only time will tell what is going to happen down here. I guess I'll stick it out to the bitter end.

They wouldn't ask you to stay longer than the 11 days would they? At least you don't have to deal with the PIA anymore.
Any chance you could gain some aircraft? Are all your aircraft helos?

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well I did it. Got a message from Century Link on my computer I was using too much data for my plan which was 20Mbs 250 gb I think per month I used 1200 streaming. I was wondering why it was slowing down on me so I changed it to a Business Account unlimited internet, Nationwide calling same price. Cut my Dish Network to basic went from $117 to $25 per month. Still get all local channels Discovery and a bunch of religious and sales channels. My internet started working way better have Amazon, Netflix will get the HBO Now for $5 less then I was paying dish plus there are several other channels I can watch. So the Dish company and phone company can take a leap. Use as much as I want watch what I want when I want.

LOVE your new avvie!:D

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I agree. They were positively nasty. The only time one sorta-kinda worked for me was while I was in managed care last time & close to getting to go home. I scrounged in my purse for something & found it & it's usb charger in the bottom of my purse. It kept me amused for several days. Had fun sneaking it when they were giving me a hard time about getting my meds on time at night, & sneaking to charge it in my laptop. The sneaky part was the only really satisfying thing about it.
lol. It's always fun to be 'sneaky' about vaping, isn't it? :)

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
View attachment 530297
I'm learning to drink my coffee black. Ugh! Keeping the blood sugar under control.

The Odyssey is looking good. We still have the fifteen we had in December. Anyone wishing to join us drop me a line. Greg has installed bright dock lights and blue floor lights on the boat so we can cruise at night easily if we want to see the Skyline Bridge in the dark.

It has been cold here, for us. By April it should be sunny and warm. The wind is the only factor to consider when boating that time of year.

My time has been spent polishing my book for presentation to an agent at Sleuth Fest convention, and memorizing my pitch. I gleaned out any cliches. I've been advised to consider the many questions I might be asked. I've also been deep into current marketing trends and which work and which don't. Whether traditionally published or self-published. So very busy.

Valentine's Day was a great excuse for the hubby to buy me a new laptop, so this dinosaur has been playing around with a new toy and learning how to transfer via the cloud from my trusty desk top PC to the laptop.

To those of you I haven't been keeping up with in PMs, I haven't forgotten you. I love you dearly. Hoping you all have a very good weekend.
Nice to see (read) you! Been wondering where you was. Good luck on the book and I am really looking forward to the Odyssey!:)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
lol. It's always fun to be 'sneaky' about vaping, isn't it? :)
It is isn't it. When I was in for my aortic valve replacement I was stealth vaping. I had just taken a big puf and my cardiologist walked in, I let it out real slow and he never noticed. I figured I was busted for sure but no.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
View attachment 530297

Good luck with your presentation! Fingers crossed that things go in your favor!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
There is a lot of overlap between triggers and symptoms of Meniere's and fibromyalgia. If you had vertigo, just another part of the package. Remember that the sense of balance occurs primarily in the ears.
Wow, I'm an idjit......I never made the connection to Meniere's with your user name. :facepalm: Just looked it up to see exactly what it was, and everyone of those things happen with my left ear. Not sure if there is hearing loss in that ear since I haven't had it tested, but I do have some minor hearing issues.

Yep, Tervs are Monday and I know most of them!
kewl!! Do they ever show any of the breed judging on TV? Or just groups and BIS?

oh kewl!! Been wondering about you! Was gonna call you yesterday, but was supper time when I thought about it, then lost track of time. Figgered you wouldn't appreciate a call at 2 am! :lol: Can't wait for the Odyssey!! It's gettin soooooo close!! Good luck with the presentation!! Hope your book does great!!! The lights on the boat sound so kewl. That Greg is a darlin! Hugs to you both!

It is isn't it. When I was in for my aortic valve replacement I was stealth vaping. I had just taken a big puf and my cardiologist walked in, I let it out real slow and he never noticed. I figured I was busted for sure but no.
hehehe My son was in the hospital 3 days with his last surgery....I vaped in the room the whole time. When they were getting him ready for discharge, the nurse saw me holding it. She said......you know you can't use that in here right? I just said yes, and probably rolled my eyes. Thought....I've been vaping in here for 3 days and y'all didn't have a clue! I have no doubt I could have walked up behind one of em, vaped, and they wouldn't know it except for hearing the draw on the derringer. That kinda gives you away.

Howdy everyone!!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
There are so many different kinds of arthritis. What works on one type for one person might not work on another kind or for someone else. I take the DMARD Methotrexate & it works great & I have no issues with it. It's the 1st choice for RA, but not everyone can take it. It was developed for some cancers, including breast cancers. They discovered in the 70's that it kicks RA's ###. I actually had some friends whose mother had been bedridden with RA for several years. I remember vividly when they found Methotrexate & put her on it. She got out of that bed & got some of her life back. She hadn't been anywhere in her own home outside of the bedroom & bathroom in about 6 years.

I have degeneratiive disc disease.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Well, today is day #5 out of 11, and I'm not dead yet. The weather has been beautiful, but cold and windy. The days are getting longer, which I like very much! People keep razzing me about all that big money I'm making by working overtime. Yeah right......tell that to Uncle Sam with his greedy azzzz.

My normal crew came on today minus one who is home sick right now. Work has been steady, but I just learned that we are losing another aircraft at the end of the month. :( That will put us down to four. Only time will tell what is going to happen down here. I guess I'll stick it out to the bitter end.
I'm just hoping for you that a wonderful surprise will be beckoning you..yep, I'm an eternal optimist. (most of the time).

View attachment 530297

Good hearing from you Susan and thanks for the update! That Skyline Bridge at night sounds lovely.

Got back a bit ago from the appointment with my new primary. Wow, I couldn't believe the extensive testing she ordered but it's protocol for all new patients. Because I was asked if I ever smoked, I was given a breatholizer test for markers of lung capacity. Everything was good! They did want to know when I quit tobacco, so I told them seven years ago.
I did not tell her I was vaping as of yet.....have to get to know her a bit more. Bottom line, I do like her.....very proficient and probing!

Now, nap time! :)

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I did not tell her I was vaping as of yet.....have to get to know her a bit more. Bottom line, I do like her.....very proficient and probing!
kewl, glad you like her. Have a nice nap!

http://gawker.com/oh-my-god-a-u-s-congressman-just-vaped-while-legislat-1758511544
I saw this and thought of you guys. Still signing those petitions and sending those letters.
Saw that the other day, it's awesome!

Trade ya

Last stinkie 10/15/2013
no thanks sweetie. I hate you're going through all you are, but glad I'm not going through all that.

Scott and I are in the ho if anyone wants to come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread