Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I joined this site today mostly due to the rx200 3.0 update and tcr settings, i have been experimenting with the crown in temp control and im currently running in tc mode (ni200 40w 480f on 0580 trs) and im curious how others have got on with the rx200 and the crown
I use the RX200 and crown with TC, but with the SS .25ohm dual coils. 60W 480-530F 0120-0130TCR.

Reactions: RT5A

Airmasher

Feb 13, 2016
My first post. Just wanted to say thanks to everybody here. I read the entire thread through before pulling the trigger on the RX200 and just got it today along with a Nitecore D4 charger and 4 LG 3000 mah batteries. (one is designated for a SX mini) Already used it to test fire a 24/34 8 wrap kanthal coil at 45 watts on a subtank and I must say its really neat to not see the batt symbol blank out (the SX don't like the setup) Mine came with software version 3.0 preinstalled so no worries there and I hope tp start exploring Titainum ans ss temp control over the next few weeks.
Thanks everybody again for all the information.

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Welcome!

I have a bunch of mods and tanks and I use my RX200's and Subtank Minis a ton. Rarely together these days though, but they do work well together.

The RX200 really shines with a dripper (my RDAs are all less than $20 new) or low ohm tank builds at 60-80w IMO. I never use it over 100w, but slap a tank on it with a 0.2-0.3ohm coil at 60-80w and it kills IMO.

The RX200 is the best value mod available IMO. Great device!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
What lipos are you seeing that can compare to 33.3 Watt hours of three hg2's? They exist, but they're bricks. Are people actually putting something like that in a mod?
First, I don't like mods with built in batteries. I prefer something I can swap batteries in when I want to.

Having said that.... Three hg2's won't actually give 33.3 Watt hours. I have mine set to 29 or 30 wh and the battery meter works as expected. Also, lipos come with far higher c-ratings. Going to 200w with hg2's will exceed the cdr of the batteries. To keep within the cdr at 200w one needs to use 1500 may LG hb2/4/6 - which is 16.6 wh, though probably closer to 14-15 wh (though the Sony vtc4 can handle 200w in a three-battery setup). So, three hg2's vs a lipo isn't really a fair comparison.

But, as I already said, I prefer mods with swapable batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
First, I don't like mods with built in batteries. I prefer something I can swap batteries in when I want to.

Having said that.... Three hg2's won't actually give 33.3 Watt hours. I have mine set to 29 or 30 wh and the battery meter works as expected. Also, lipos come with far higher c-ratings. Going to 200w with hg2's will exceed the cdr of the batteries. To keep within the cdr at 200w one needs to use 1500 may LG hb2/4/6 - which is 16.6 wh, though probably closer to 14-15 wh (though the Sony vtc4 can handle 200w in a three-battery setup). So, three hg2's vs a lipo isn't really a fair comparison.

But, as I already said, I prefer mods with swapable batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
I like swappable too, I really need to get a second set of 3 married batteries, but then my xcube will collect dust. :)

As far as current rating, by my numbers, hg2's should allow a safe power draw slightly over 170 Watts. More than enough for most people, but if you're trying to hit the golden 200, not the batteries of choice.

Now at that high of a draw, you're going to have even less capacity than the 29 or 30 you've been seeing, but still more than 25Rs would give. Probably around 22Wh. Which for the size and weight is still pretty competitive... especially since the LiPo packs don't live up to stated capacity in high drain situations either.

So yes, the type of performance you see will be very dependant on the type of vaper you are at this point.

Mooch had a good comparison between a single HG2, single 25R, and a 900 mAh LiPo. The 0.9Ah pack beat both 18650s, but not by a lot. It's still hard to compete with three 18650s at this point in the game for capacity.

Watt-Hour Shootout -- FullyMax 10Wh 900mAh 3S LiPo (for DNA200) vs 25R vs HG2

Edited to correct autocorrect, and to add the link

Last edited:

Airmasher

Feb 13, 2016
Ok, So my impressions on my first 24 hours or so with RX. Finally charged the batts fully overnight for the first time and they have lasted me all day and still have most of their charge left. Been running 3 subtanks with kanthal resistances between .51 and .81 and a Aria phenotype L dripper at .41 and running between 20 and 40 watts. So far me like:). Going to be interesting to take it to work tomorrow and see how it works in the "real" world. Yes the SX is more refined (and for the price it'd better be) but you just can't beat a bigger gas tank for endurance.

Reactions: Jim_ MDP

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I use mine at work. I always have a back up mod (My second RX with 25rs in it) but so far I get 2 days out if it before my batt voltage drops to 3.6 average. so Im only charging every two days. Im normally running my Ohmega 30mm at .3ohms at 90 watts, or my 2mm Ohmega alpha in TC with a .4SS coil at 500f 60watts.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
The discussion seems to be only ss wire as of late. I am yet to get my hands on some and still have about 990ft of ni lol. Does anyone know the ni TCR value the mod has by default? I know I have to run the temps hotter in my rx to be similar in vape to my li. I am starting to play with the TCR and was hoping someone knew what was used in the base ni mode.
its 520

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
There was a discussion about this a couple of pages back. I believe the consensus was that Nichrome has too low a TCR value to really be usable, it would have to be something like 0011 on the RX200 if I remember right. I may not be remembering right though. Someone else would know better, but like I said I'm pretty sure the basic thought process from those in the know was that it's not worth it with Nichrome.
use like ni40 or ni60 then you can use TC just not in ni80

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
bro thanks

a few more been testing ended up @112

question here is how i did it
soaked wick in water
fire ,for a quick second,a few seconds
then the temp goes to 212/goes up. bit then back down
i cant have it stay on 212 it does for 2-3 seconds?

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk
i was using 125 for my TCR of ss (vaping at 380f), 112 seems to work more accurately, thanks vaping at 420f

Reactions: zeus01

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I'm using authentic imrens 3000mha 40A, cdc 20A, i don't think my wires are made to handle 200watts and i don't use kanthal except for my cloutank M4 coils when i rebuild them. almost all my mods are TC so why bother with kanthal

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't push those cells past 150 watts max, that doesn't even leave much headroom. And "authentic Imrens" is oxymoronic, they are authentically re-wrapped by Imren as they do not actually manufacture the batteries (to the best of my knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread