• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
and that silly Miller woman next to him waving her arms around - it's only vapour, not smoke
Yes! ...people like her are always going to be a problem. Not sure I'm that concerned about being able to use them in such places. I do think there are some places where they should be allowed though.

In the days of smoking on planes and in airports still being allowed, I remember being stuck in an airport in the wee small hours at one of the Canary Islands en route to Majorca. We were all put into an area close to a closed cafeteria! We were there for hours, and each time someone lit a cigarette, a lady opposite us pulled a terrible face and began waving her arms around - and then her husband lit a pipe! :facepalm:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
In the days of smoking on planes and in airports still being allowed, I remember being stuck in an airport in the wee small hours at one of the Canary Islands en route to Majorca. We were all put into an area close to a closed cafeteria! We were there for hours, and each time someone lit a cigarette, a lady opposite us pulled a terrible face and began waving her arms around - and then her husband lit a pipe! :facepalm:

The last time i smoked at an airport(approx 5 years ago)was at Frankfurt.I had to go to the below ground floor level and stand in a glass box with the other outcasts.It was extracted directly outside thru' a large aluminium tube.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
The last time i smoked at an airport(approx 5 years ago)was at Frankfurt.I had to go to the below ground floor level and stand in a glass box with the other outcasts.It was extracted directly outside thru' a large aluminium tube.
Think mine was longer ago than that, transitting Zuerich on my way to Bucharesti, there was a special spot for the lepers to gather for a quick drag, but at least it was still in a normal part of the lounge, it just had big extractor fans above.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Trisha.Ive never had any extra flavour shots.No need and I like a flavoursome Vape.
Great - thanks! :)

Unlike my Yaeliq Butterscotch, I should have asked for the extra flavour with that, it seems quite weak
Pity you can't get bottles of concentrate to add to it!

I can't remember when we went to Majorca ...definitely a long time ago now.

Think mine was longer ago than that, transitting Zuerich on my way to Bucharesti, there was a special spot for the lepers to gather for a quick drag, but at least it was still in a normal part of the lounge, it just had big extractor fans above.
I flew to Heathrow and back for work related stuff a few times - 6.45am breakfast flight down, 17.35pm flight back, and the British Midland lounge at Heathrow allowed smoking - think the last time was mid 90's.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Pity you can't get bottles of concentrate to add to it!
I'll check their site, I know they offer it as an addon, so might just buy another bottle to get some, even though it tastes a bit weak, it's still nice :)
@Marcus1970 I didn't get any additional flavouring in the ones I received this morning either.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'll check their site, I know they offer it as an addon, so might just buy another bottle to get some, even though it tastes a bit weak, it's still nice :)
Be nice if you can get it as a separate order! ...good thing you like it though, so another bottle won't be wasted!
@Marcus1970 I didn't get any additional flavouring in the ones I received this morning either.
I decided to try 10ml bottles of the most likely ones for me. There were 6 of them, and one was the Whipped Banana Cream. When checking out, I noticed that one was listed on the order as 10ml just like the others, but charged at £8.49! Tried deleting it and adding it again, but the price was always the same, so I ended up getting a 30ml bottle.
Be nice to try a few small bottles to see if I like them.

Talking of flying, I think I only ever flew once where I was allowed to smoke on the plane, was the last few rows near the tail if I remember rightly, and it was a charter to Malaga back in the 80's
First time I ever flew was in 1989 to Malta (absolutely terrified, and asked myself what on earth I was doing as I climbed the steps looking wistfully back at the terminal!). Flew a number of times after that.
The second time was BA first class with bucks fizz breakfast (husbands company interrupting a weeks holiday at home, so let me go to Madrid with him) and when the stewardess saw that I was nervous of flying, had the pilots invite me into the cockpit for a while ..fascinating, and something never done now.
We had a number of holidays after that, but I never did like the flying.

We booked a 5 day break in Lisbon expecting it to be non-smoking - and me not happy! - Very pleased to book in with Air Portugal and be asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking seats!
The only non smoking ones were by the time I was flying up and down to London for gallery or publisher meetings. I still think I was brave to fly on my own!

I still hate flying ..and most travel now to be honest. Shame because I'd be OK not smoking on a plane now! :laugh:

Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Double post
Interesting! I could certainly do with trying that. Thanks :)
I'm supposed to drink a lot more than I do - I have 2x14oz containers of water each day plus a fair bit of tea, but no great water drinker.

I see Amazon have it, albeit fairly costly. I'll try a 30 sachet pack and see if it helps, and if so, will look for a direct equivalent that's readily available here.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's why I get some squash, to make the water more palatable :)
I usually add around 20% of a Tropicana juice, Roses lime juice, or Lucozade ...tastes better, but I still find it hard to drink a lot more than I do. With the tablets I take, I'm supposed to drink a lot more as they can interfere with liver and kidney function.
I have been a bit dehydrated since I was in hospital, but it's slowly been improving. Hopefully, that Ultima stuff will help!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I usually add around 20% of a Tropicana juice, Roses lime juice, or Lucozade ...tastes better, but I still find it hard to drink a lot more than I do. With the tablets I take, I'm supposed to drink a lot more as they can interfere with liver and kidney function.
I have been a bit dehydrated since I was in hospital, but it's slowly been improving. Hopefully, that Ultima stuff will help!
But 2 x 14oz is not even half of what you should be drinking, which should be just over 70 fl.oz (2 litres), I normally have about 3 pints a day (60 fl.oz) so even I'm a bit short.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
But 2 x 14oz is not even half of what you should be drinking, which should be just over 70 fl.oz (2 litres), I normally have about 3 pints a day (60 fl.oz) so even I'm a bit short.
Yes, I do need to increase it. 2x14ozs of water seems a lot to me as I never did drink water much. I always drink a lot of tea though! :laugh:
Not recommended that I drink coffee now, so miss my afternoon mug of it :(

I need to get a large bottle of water and try to get through it every day - can re-fill it daily and add something to it ..initially, I'll add the Ultima electrolyte powder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread