Nautilus RBA Rebuildable Coil Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Try putting the wire in there in the opposite direction so when you tighten the screws its not pushing the wire out from under the screw. Hope that makes sense.☺

Will do. I guess I've been wrapping on such huge bases for so long the direction didn't matter! Thanks for the reminder! Will try tomorrow and post results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Just noticed this post here on UKV, that gives some tips -
RBA for Nautilus where can i find one

Tmax said:
It is fiddly to build on

I found I had to take my 0.20mm or 0.25mm (MAX) kanthal:

wrap around the first post twice, tighten down securely
Then wrap the coil around the 2mm rod or mini blue screwdriver - making 3 or 4 turns
Then half wrap the leg under the other screw

So I was building the coil in place - like we used to do on a genny with a mesh wick - the screwdriver is of course solid to build around

Even then the second screw-down can slip off - I think 0.20mm kanthal was slightly easier

scw_20160117_00130.jpg

Another problem I get i unscrewing the chimney - it binds like a ....**d

On the positive side - it vapes very well when you get the wicking right - and the coil lasts a long time (thankfully)

Personally I think the new Clapton coils for the Mini Triton / Nautilus are just as good, last as long and are flap free :)

Reactions: Wheats

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Haven't touch that built in weeks now.... Still enjoying my vape with Kayfun. I'm a bit hesitant to get back to it from my last try because it was too nasty for my taste... Looking at my Nautilus Mini with that build with the now old juice that I put in there. I still think that I need to push my wick down to the holes to avoid over-floating. I'll give it another try and get back to you folks. I put a 26g Ti coil in there running TC exclusively.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Ok... I filled up the the deck with extra wick on my previous Ti built, away from the air hole. This wick is not linked to the coil. I put it there just to prevent over floating, pushing it to the side holes with a needle so I can see some wick there. Got a powerful vape in TC, no gurgling whatsoever... It's a working quick fix, although I thing that if the wick going through the coil can be pouch down to these holes, the result would be better. It's not bad at all... as I'm puffing on it... It's getting a bit weaker now but it seems that I can work my way around that little nice piece of engineering. Still work in progress but it's not so bad actually.

Edit just to say that I'm having a good vape on it.. The build can be improved a bit but I'm enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Just noticed this post here on UKV, that gives some tips -
RBA for Nautilus where can i find one

Well, I still owe everyone here an update[emoji1]... Maybe Friday!

Thanks for the tips that will be very helpful when I build it again. Mine did seize to the chimney when I took it apart the other day.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I was enjoying my vape so far until I decided to change my wick... I noticed before that the coil like to stay screw to the chimney rather than the base. I've been using a little tool to unscrew the coil from the chimney because my big fingers cannot get in there. Except that this time, the glass tank broke from the top... I think this happened because of the thick top seal added and the not so gentle way I handled the issue. So I'm back to my Kayfun until I order a glass replacement glass. It was good though.... the vape was like it should be with the Nautilus Mini, smooth, warm and tasty.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Well, I still owe everyone here an update[emoji1]... Maybe Friday!

Thanks for the tips that will be very helpful when I build it again. Mine did seize to the chimney when I took it apart the other day.

Update. I'm not spending any more time on this. I'm done. The kanger mini rba it hitting massive flavor and the derringer is fantastic. I'm keeping my nautilus minis for stealthy vaping. Perfectly happy buying coils on occasion over building on this tiny, ill-designed mistake that requires tank modification.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Update. I'm not spending any more time on this. I'm done. The kanger mini rba it hitting massive flavor and the derringer is fantastic. I'm keeping my nautilus minis for stealthy vaping. Perfectly happy buying coils on occasion over building on this tiny, ill-designed mistake that requires tank modification.

No blame on that... I got my Nautilus Mini just worse than just retired with that setup. It's just dead and useless now. I got a one time good vape after I broke my glass tank just to change my wick. The blame is on me too but this RBA is just killing the Nautilus tanks from my stand point, period! I got better results rebuilding the factory coils. As yourself, I have better to deal with for now. I will eventually get back to it once I order that glass part (or a couple of them)... I just like my Nautilus and want to have it to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread