Customize Your Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vap3Go4t

Jan 22, 2012
Cleveland
So I'm thinking to myself, self? you really need one of these?

View attachment 530374
So I wandered over to the Provape site and found I had 58 bucks in rewards credit. I then advised my self, No, but i WANT ONE! .... and trigger pulled. Wee!

This is the one I want. I wonder if the bottom finish will wear down and get scuffed around the edges where it would technically stand up? This happened on my first gen provari. I don't think this would be as big of an issue with the regular stainless steel finish. Anyone's thoughts on this?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
This is the one I want. I wonder if the bottom finish will wear down and get scuffed around the edges where it would technically stand up? This happened on my first gen provari. I don't think this would be as big of an issue with the regular stainless steel finish. Anyone's thoughts on this?

It's PVD, which I have found to be a very very durable coating on metal.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
You are a bad influence, yes you are!
ja3.gif

I told myself that I would wait until ProVape ran a sale before I ordered a customized "Vanish" Radius.
..... Then here you go telling me "Oh and BTW.... If you go to.... provape... blah blah.. 10% off... blah blah....

:blink:

And thus was the Vanish Radius born...

View attachment 530402 View attachment 530403

View attachment 530404

Hard to say which one is better looking ... the cat ... or the Vanish. Both very nice!

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
Agh... I can get a stealth radius, AND 10% off... this is so tempting! I already bought myself a stealth p2.5 mini (used, so a damn good price) and a gunmetal zenkote p2.5 mini (on sale PLUS 10% off from their site, so also a damn good price), and the p2.5 dragon off of their specials page... all in less than two months lol! I love the size of the minis, when I bought the dragon, I realized I should have gotten the dragon mini... however, the battery life is abysmal with the way I chain vape lol :)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

Enta

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Agh... I can get a stealth radius, AND 10% off... this is so tempting! I already bought myself a stealth p2.5 mini (used, so a damn good price) and a gunmetal zenkote p2.5 mini (on sale PLUS 10% off from their site, so also a damn good price), and the p2.5 dragon off of their specials page... all in less than two months lol! I love the size of the minis, when I bought the dragon, I realized I should have gotten the dragon mini... however, the battery life is abysmal with the way I chain vape lol :)

:evil: You should do it... you know you wanna....
evil-genius-smiley.gif
This is me pretending to be Sir Rod. :lol:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I guess the proof in the pudding will be what sells vs. what doesn't. I wouldn't ever get a tatoo no matter how tasteful. But there are many who would and do. I said this yesterday and I'll repeat myself. Different strokes for different folks.

I do hope that if anyone is considering Muddy Girl or any one of the other graphics some here have said they don't like, that these posts don't make them feel afraid to get exactly what they'd like.

I'll give this a good example of something I did. I ordered a new car last summer, which came in in October. I really wanted the dark blue outside with cranberry red leather interior. I said so on a forum and people jumped all over how awful they thought that combination would be. They made me feel I would be ordering a Frankenstein and I changed my order. Fast forward a few months and I actually saw one at the dealership in that color combination and was do disappointed in myself that I let others influence my decision. It was actually quite fantastic looking.
Shame on you!!!

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So I put my order in on day 1.1 of the new customizable Radii. So I missed the sale by like 23 hrs... So I'd have to be a pain and cancel/reorder (which just wouldn't bring me good Karma either... Haha)

But it's only like a $25 difference I guess... So I'm just keeping it.

In any case I had to buy something on sale! So I got a blem P3 Zenkote... $143.95 with the sale.

I almost got a Classic Zenkote (love the tears), then almost got a blem 2.5 mini zenkote, but then realized I wanna put in the request for the p3 cap, then want the extension, so it just wouldn't make sense really after all the add on's..

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So (this might get interesting), I've been thinking a lot about the concept of customization. And agree or not (most here will not) one of my biggest stumbling blocks with the newer models (P3, Radius & Classic) is that I happen to truly like the 2.5 menu. I always did ("You had me at 'Hello.").

What I'd really like is the option to select my preferred menu with these devices. Wouldn't it be nice if ProVape offered such a menu option? I know I'd like it, and it quite possibly might be a tipping point for me to buy a Radius (not that I'm changing their Balance Sheet...).

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
So (this might get interesting), I've been thinking a lot about the concept of customization. And agree or not (most here will not) one of my biggest stumbling blocks with the newer models (P3, Radius & Classic) is that I happen to truly like the 2.5 menu. I always did ("You had me at 'Hello.").

What I'd really like is the option to select my preferred menu with these devices. Wouldn't it be nice if ProVape offered such a menu option? I know I'd like it, and it quite possibly might be a tipping point for me to buy a Radius (not that I'm changing their Balance Sheet...).

Agreed! And...

I know I'm gonna take heat for this, but I think it's all gone downhill since the 2.5. The P3 was a meh 20 watts with that awful menu (granted I like the P3 connector, I'll give them that) and cumbersome firmware upgrade. Then the classic, where they basically P3'd the 2.5...top cap good, menu bad. The Radius doesn't seem like a huge step up from the P3, 40 watts, the form factor, and allowing updates via Windows are really all that's changed functionally from my POV from the P3.

I'm kind of afraid that Provape hit it out of the park with the 2/2.5, and are kind of whiffing on their subsequent mods. Here's hoping that the P4(?) brings back some of that "it" factor that made the 2.0/2.5 so amazing.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
:evil: You should do it... you know you wanna....
evil-genius-smiley.gif
This is me pretending to be Sir Rod. :lol:

And you did a right nice job. Yes you did!

Agreed! And...

I know I'm gonna take heat for this, but I think it's all gone downhill since the 2.5. The P3 was a meh 20 watts with that awful menu (granted I like the P3 connector, I'll give them that) and cumbersome firmware upgrade. Then the classic, where they basically P3'd the 2.5...top cap good, menu bad. The Radius doesn't seem like a huge step up from the P3, 40 watts, the form factor, and allowing updates via Windows are really all that's changed functionally from my POV from the P3.

I'm kind of afraid that Provape hit it out of the park with the 2/2.5, and are kind of whiffing on their subsequent mods. Here's hoping that the P4(?) brings back some of that "it" factor that made the 2.0/2.5 so amazing.

I am so completely opposite from you guys. I loved my 2.5's. I did. But I have none left. I sold one and gave one away. For me, the P3 was [is] so much better and the Radius even better and more user friendly. Now my P3 is backup to my Radius and soon will be backup to backup to my 2nd Radius. I love the menu system personally.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

I love the idea, actually, DPL. Whether or not it would tip me over the edge to purchase a Radi, I am not sure, but I am sure that I like options which is why the customizable Radius will most certainly do well).

Here's hoping that the P4(?) brings back some of that "it" factor that made the 2.0/2.5 so amazing.

Stealthy, you put in words much of our discussion (past and current), and I do agree. I can't imagine what "it" factor the P4 could bring, since it resides in the 2.0s/2.5s.

UNLESS......... it was Provape side by side. drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread