DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Just installed it. Love that I now can have temperature instead of watts as the main thing to adjust. Being able to switch between materials directly on the device without needing to go into escribe is great as well. Any idea what "0.001 K" is?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Before the update when I set up a profile for SS 316L at .00092, the label that was automatically generated was .001K. So I'm assuming that's the profile for 316L SS.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Before the update when I set up a profile for SS 316L at .00092, the label that was automatically generated was .001K. So I'm assuming that's the profile for 316L SS.

Cheers,
Steve
A really weird way of expressing 316L :D

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Just installed it. Love that I now can have temperature instead of watts as the main thing to adjust. Being able to switch between materials directly on the device without needing to go into escribe is great as well. Any idea what "0.001 K" is?

0.001 K = ‪-459.6682‬ F

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Yep..... BETA means just that.....Beta.....and is to test and hopefully find any bugs prior to formal release to the masses. Beta testing can exhibit new/strange behavior and there is a learning curve also when there are new features.

As James posted:

I've put up a new version for yall to try. Let me know if you run into any issues.
Comments and suggestions are welcome. I expect we'll make an follow-on update based on feedback for the Materials tab UI etc.

I am going to post here firmware a few days before they go on EScribe's auto-updater, for those interested in trying things early, and so if yall find a bug we don't release it to the auto-updater. We appreciate your help testing these. :)
I wouldn't quite call it Beta as James didn't call it that either. He said it is an early posting that will go up in a few days if there isn't something obvious that needs to be fixed or adjusted and this version will actually go into the autoupdate skew. He seemed to encourage everyone on the forum to give it a try and to give comments. Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with being an early adopter should probably wait just like they would with any updating of any product.

There is no reason why anyone needs to rush to get this, but there are just so many nice features that many of us on this forum would enjoy and have been waiting for.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I wouldn't quite call it Beta as James didn't call it that either. He said it is an early posting that will go up in a few days if there isn't something obvious that needs to be fixed or adjusted and this version will actually go into the autoupdate skew. He seemed to encourage everyone on the forum to give it a try and to give comments. Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with being an early adopter should probably wait just like they would with any updating of any product.

There is no reason why anyone needs to rush to get this, but there are just so many nice features that many of us on this forum would enjoy and have been waiting for.

Yep no reason to jump out and get this unless you want to. I'm sure Evolv appreciates those who do test it as it aids in their effort to bring new features as flawlessly as possible. Whether to call it a beta, early release, or whatever is just a banter on semantics. Those testing it have already found a few things that need tweaking and James has already replied to those points.

Back to kicking-the-tires on this one.... :thumbs:

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I think that's the overnight low in Michigan tonight. Just messing around, it's going to be a balmy +6 F. Really not all that bad since a couple of days ago they were predicting -2 F :shock:
I wish you could share some of that with me. I had to turn on the AC here full time as it is already a full week and another several more days of temps into the low 90's here in SoCal. I actually miss Winter!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I hate to be a POOP, but it's taken months to get these software improvements. I'm no coder or software writer, but I think this long time frame illustrates the small team at Evolv, or perhaps individual. Glad to have TEMP as a chosen default setting, and a few other small improvements, but the time it's taken to roll this out does not bode well for us Mac users hoping for a Mac version of the software. A friend of mine bought an 8" tablet to run Escribe, and I saw first hand how hard it is to view the entire screen without a magnifying glass, something just brought up again in the software update thread on the Evolv site. I'm getting by using Parallels virtual PC software while waiting. Good update, long wait.

Reactions: JimScotty0

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Found it interesting that Device Monitor can run Python Scripts (what the h.ll is that).... lol

Peaked my curiosity since I am not a programmer. Found this video tutorial (over 11 hours) geared even for beginners. (nope, haven't watched it all yet) For those interested:

It is a simple, but can be powerful programming language that can also be fun to use. I got my son, 11 at the time, a beginners book on Python programming. He did create a few things of interest, but it wasn't his thing at that time.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
It is a simple, but can be powerful programming language that can also be fun to use. I got my son, 11 at the time, a beginners book on Python programming. He did create a few things of interest, but it wasn't his thing at that time.
so in layman's terms, what would one use this python thing for when using there dna 200? i'm horrible when it comes to PC lingo, keep that in mind.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
so in layman's terms, what would one use this python thing for when using there dna 200? i'm horrible when it comes to PC lingo, keep that in mind.

It's a scripting programming language. I used to write programs in it years ago, but have forgotten most of what I knew. I am not sure what one would need or want to do with it on a DNA-200 though, but it's neat the option is there.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I think that's the overnight low in Michigan tonight. Just messing around, it's going to be a balmy +6 F. Really not all that bad since a couple of days ago they were predicting -2 F :shock:
That's the temp of my heart... Did that sound goth enough?

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
NEW DNA200 BETA FIRMWARE/ BETA ESCRIBE UPDATE PEOPLE! AVAILABLE NOW!! THERE ARE SOME BUGS SO DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK.

edit i'm playing around in escribe, some really nice improvements.

This version features:
(1) a new Materials tab where you can store and transfer material settings onto and from the DNA,
[We've included our Ni200, and Steam Engine's SS316 and Ti1. These will be upgraded in the future, if better data becomes available, and others added if others become common.]
(2) the ability to change a profile's material without EScribe, by holding down all three buttons while locked,
(3) Profile Name and Material Name can be displayed on-screen as custom fields,
(4) profiles now have a "Temperature Dominant" option, making temperature the main adjustment for a profile if you want to do so,
(5) for small batteries, in the Mod tab, you can reduce max continuous and pulse battery input currents,
(6) in Help->Language, you can override the language detection,
(7) Device Monitor has "Simulate Button Presses" for remote testing,
(8) Device Monitor can run Python scripts for scientific study and automation,
(9) the ability to adjust the temperature increment, and
(10) various OS compatibility and miscellaneous improvements.
Another very minor update by James to this one:

I've put up a new version 2016-02-12 / 1.0.39 with some small fixes.
The changes are: (1) it adds a separate graphic for Hold To Change Power, (2) the curve resizes correctly so Actions is always visible, and (3) there's a "New Material" button on the Materials tab, so it doesn't always have to come from a file.

[TESTING]

*** 2016-02-12 EScribe 1.0.39 ***

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Another very minor update by James to this one:

I've put up a new version 2016-02-12 / 1.0.39 with some small fixes.
The changes are: (1) it adds a separate graphic for Hold To Change Power, (2) the curve resizes correctly so Actions is always visible, and (3) there's a "New Material" button on the Materials tab, so it doesn't always have to come from a file.

[TESTING]
2016-02-12 EScribe 1.0.39 ***

THX.... had not checked for a quick update today....that was fast....James must have been busy today...

I love how easy it is to download the EScribe software update and then just open it and click on the firmware update and the device is updated quickly. Really easy.... :)

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
THX.... had not checked for a quick update today....that was fast....James must have been busy today...

I love how easy it is to download the EScribe software update and then just open it and click on the firmware update and the device is updated quickly. Really easy.... :)
Yes it is easy. Yihi could use a lesson from Evolve and Joyetech.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA

If doing research, you could us any scripting language that was plugged in to device monitor to access and log real time data about a vaper...length of draw, temp, duration between hits, you name it.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
If doing research, you could us any scripting language that was plugged in to device monitor to access and log real time data about a vaper...length of draw, temp, duration between hits, you name it.
The other thing you could do is to completely automate a research protocol and procedure.

E.g. A python code would be written to make the chip fire at X watts, for Y duration, at Z temperature. That alone is easily thousands of permutation.

Essentially a researcher could just leave the experimental set up untouched, and just have the sensing equipments set up to detect the presence/absence of formaldehyde/other stuff for each permutation, come back another day and collect the data. Instead of having people sit around and press a bunch of buttons.

Makes sense, especially since now they have a simulate button press feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread