Why all the hate for cloud chasers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I dont hate cloud chasers. If they want to accept the unknown risks of crazy builds and such, thats fine. I only have a issue when said cloud chaser(s) show no respect. IE, Dont surround me in yer cloud. And dont fog up a small room.

Major reason my aromamizer is shelved atm isnt cuz it sucks. It actually is the best vape I've had to date. BUT, after 2 puffs it fogs my room and I dont need to blow killer clouds ^^ I enjoy my yummy kayfuns

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Why does anyone hate anyone? It's a mystery. Maybe it's based in insecurities, stereotypes, bad experience or stigma. I used to have a neighbor in our condo. She hated me. She had a big Great Dane. She put up a fence between our shared porch and would leave the dog out there. The problem was she wouldn't walk the dog or even let it out in the backyard - literally 5 feet away from the porch. So the dog would pee and poop on the porch. On the wood porch. It was disgusting. So I asked her to not to let the dog do that. Did she hate me for asking her not to let her dog do that? It seemed like a perfectly reasonable request the first time. It seem perfectly reasonable the second and third time I asked. Did she hate me because I got feed up and put lots of liquid laxative in the dogs water bowl and he crapped all over her condo that night? It's hard to tell, these things are often a mystery. Me? I try to love all people. All people a special treasures. Until it's laxative time.
I am an animal lover. And hope this is a joke. But it sure did make me laugh!!

Reactions: motordude

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
It seems like every where I go, every video I watch, every website I go to is full of utter hatred toward cloud chasers? I know the internet is a very toxic place. But some groups of people seem to be "cool" to hate. And cloud chasers are on that list. And they seem to get the hate from non vapers and vapers alike. Can anyone tell me why this is?
Real or not, it's the perception that the actions of the "cloudz, brah!" group are negatively impacting the image of vaping on the whole. Not dissimilar from vaping being associated with the hipster crowd, it contains some perceived negative connotations as a trendy thing to do.

I have nothing against the cloud chasers, if they're being respectful and responsible. I like to chase some myself. :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I dont hate cloud chasers. If they want to accept the unknown risks of crazy builds and such, thats fine. I only have a issue when said cloud chaser(s) show no respect. IE, Dont surround me in yer cloud. And dont fog up a small room.

Major reason my aromamizer is shelved atm isnt cuz it sucks. It actually is the best vape I've had to date. BUT, after 2 puffs it fogs my room and I dont need to blow killer clouds ^^ I enjoy my yummy kayfuns

Uhm unknown risks?
There are no unknown risks associated with crazy builds or low resistance.

Most vapers that use mechanical mods are fully aware of the risks.

And ask for and expect courtesy, not respect.

Respect is earned.
If You ask for, or expect respect, you'll never get it.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016

I live in a cloud, lol. But I understand your point. The vape shop is the only public place I will vape. And it does get pretty dang cloudy. But there are always like 3+ people vaping in there. It is going to happen either way. The only bad thing is... it is attached to a gas station and some people will walk through the vape shop to get to the gas station. And they complain about the could they "have to walk through." To those people I say "There front door. Use that. This is our space." But other than that I, and the ones I know, Respect other people. But from what I am seeing said, I think a lot of the hate comes from teenagers who start vaping. because that no respect, blow clouds at you, "do you even cloud, bro?" Sounds like 15 year old crap to me.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Maybe it's just fear of the rumored side effects

An average guy, innocently blowing a cloud...

photo.jpg

...can end up like this.

tumblr_mxgg76EBJA1rge9zro1_500.gif

I know it's taboo to bring these side effects up, but it's time to get the facts out there.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Maybe it's just fear of the rumored side effects

An average guy, innocently blowing a cloud...

photo.jpg

...can end up like this.

tumblr_mxgg76EBJA1rge9zro1_500.gif

I know it's taboo to bring these side effects up, but it's time to get the facts out there.

But you are missing the bracelet gauge ear hoops, mandatory neckbeard, and stylish designer lumberjack attire.

Do you even cloud bro?

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
" To those people I say "There front door. Use that. This is our space." And Here Lies one of the problems if you state it just like that lol.
I don't. I do not say anything. I do not like to talk to people I don't know. That is why I pretty much live online. I have bad social anixity. It is really bad. =/ If there are more than 3 or 4 people I KNOW in the shop I have to leave because too many people. I was not meaning I say it to them. I meant to those people, I say this. Like in this moment that is what I say to them all. It is really annoying that they chose to walk through our place to save 20 steps and then want to gripe at us about it.

milescadre

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Uhm unknown risks?
There are no unknown risks associated with crazy builds or low resistance.

Most vapers that use mechanical mods are fully aware of the risks.

And ask for and expect courtesy, not respect.

Respect is earned.
If You ask for, or expect respect, you'll never get it.

Let me expand on my prior statement;

The jury is still out on the effects of HIGH consumption of vaporized E-Juices. We do not know the long term effects. Furthermore, Sub Ohmng (and very low ohm/High watt builds) have a inherently Higher risk. I want to apologize in not being clearer, but my intent was to say we do not know what long term effects vaping in general have. Cloud Chasing, in my honest opinion, raises this risk exponentially.

That being said; I wont say you or anyone else is stupid for taking that risk. I race cars and run my motorcycle in the red line one or twice a month, which I'd say is a much higher risk. But I still have my opinions.

Furthermore, on the respect issue, I dont appreciate someone blowing a cloud of anything in my face. Especially if they then yell "Cloudz Bro". Almost got myself in plenty of trouble with the old school response to that. I call it a respect issue, but it seems normal people call it courtesy.

Sorry if I offended you.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I am an animal lover. And hope this is a joke. But it sure did make me laugh!!

No, its real, except for the laxative part. I'd never hurt an animal for vengeance. She was nuts! Called the cops and said I assaulted her. So the cops show up and ask my wife where I am and where I was last night during the assault. She says "Montreal." They say "Can anyone verify that?" She says "Yeah, about 4,000 people who saw him on stage." The cops where like "Yeah, I guess that will do it. Is your neighbor nuts?" She was nuts.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Let me expand on my prior statement;

The jury is still out on the effects of HIGH consumption of vaporized E-Juices. We do not know the long term effects. Furthermore, Sub Ohmng (and very low ohm/High watt builds) have a inherently Higher risk.

There is zero evidence to support that statement.

You are assuming a lot, to support an incorrect statement.

We don't know the long term affects of vaping. Period.
We DO know what 5 years of vaping does. It keeps You off cigs.

But high power/low resistance has nothing to do with it.

Understand, I'm almost 50, and I'm not a cloud chaser, but I'm a huge fan of facts.

Reactions: MMW and B2L

milescadre

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
There is zero evidence to support that statement.

You are assuming a lot, to support an incorrect statement.

We don't know the long term affects of vaping. Period.
We DO know what 5 years of vaping does. It keeps You off cigs.

But high power/low resistance has nothing to do with it.

Understand, I'm almost 50, and I'm not a cloud chaser, but I'm a huge fan of facts.

Again, I'll keep my opinions. My bad for sharing them, I'll just keep em to myself.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Smoking generally has become socially unacceptable, enter vaping, and the most visible of vapers are the public cloud chasing crowd that blow out a heck of a lot more vaper than smokers ever did smoke... drawing negative attention to what a lot perceive as something undesirable.

I don't hate cloud chasers, I don't really understand it and it seems rather silly to me but I don't hate them. I think some of the backlash has come from taking something that was just a way for smokers to quit smoking, that actually works, and mutating it into a competition sport or a trendy thing to do, instead of vaping just continuing on the low key path to becoming more mainstream, also, those blow big clouds anywhere vapers who kicked off a lot of local indoor bans...of course that ball just kept rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread