Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I think so too now.

I thought they meant the knurled ring too...

The juice control is integrated into the chimney, I don't think you can remove it.
this is what i was asking. I know the "wick ring" is removable. I was hoping the knurled ring was removable to tighten it up the juice control when i spin the tank.

dugga

Feb 16, 2014
Bellingham, WA, USA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455252932.171772.jpg

Quad twisted 28g @ .23 ohms on an RX200 @ 100 watts. I'm really digging the Griffin. Just wish the DT was just a touch longer. Between this and the Aromamizer I'm loving life. [emoji3]

Edit: wicked with a ton of Rayon.

Sent from somebody's iPhone using Tapatalk

gwano

Feb 12, 2016
Just got the tank and threw my first Clapton build in it 26/32 kanthal around 2.5mm came out to .45. My tank gets pretty hot, not the drip tip just mainly the glass (not untouchable hot, but very warm) I'm coming from only using a subtank mini with the rba so this is my first rta. I'm vaping it at 40-45w on the Vtc mini. Is the tank getting hot normal or should I try a different build...

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
A quick update.

I friggin love this thing. No leaking, no dry hits, loads of airflow. By far, my fave tank to date for both flavour and vape production.

My 1 and only criticism so far in the juice control which does spin very easily. No biggie, but I do feel the need to check it is open every time I dig it out of my pocket.

Fwiw, mine just has the logo on the chimney and no text.

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
A quick update.

I friggin love this thing. No leaking, no dry hits, loads of airflow. By far, my fave tank to date for both flavour and vape production.

My 1 and only criticism so far in the juice control which does spin very easily. No biggie, but I do feel the need to check it is open every time I dig it out of my pocket.

Fwiw, mine just has the logo on the chimney and no text.
What build are you running? N how are you wicking? From day one this has been hit or miss. Tried scottish roll it was ok but still had to taper the ends or i still get dry hits. Might try the cotton pads today as cotton bacon is thicker than the pads.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
This is also my favorite tank to date. No dry hits running 90VG and not a single leak. Easiest tank to wick too.

My only complaints are the obvious crappy grub nuts (stripped two the same day I got it when disassembling it and another one is real close). And I cannot access my deck without the top chimney portion unscrewing along with the deck, making rewicking a PITA.

Other than that, this thing is fantastic.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I'm surprised anyone gets dry hits with this thing. Mine is borderline too saturated at times. So it seems your build and wick must be spot on to achieve good results.

I have a 0.19 dual 24/28 Clapton build in mine, with organic cotton wick. No Scottish roll or anything like that, just straight up wick ending just behind the ring. Perhaps try with slightly less wick? I also do my builds so the wick fills the bore, but easily moves around. Certainly is working for me on the Griffin anyway. After a bit of playing around I have finally settled on 75watts with this build, but can go much higher without any issues.

Hope you get it wicking correctly soon.

Reactions: arh32

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
I'm surprised anyone gets dry hits with this thing. Mine is borderline too saturated at times. So it seems your build and wick must be spot on to achieve good results.

I have a 0.19 dual 24/28 Clapton build in mine, with organic cotton wick. No Scottish roll or anything like that, just straight up wick ending just behind the ring. Perhaps try with slightly less wick? I also do my builds so the wick fills the bore, but easily moves around. Certainly is working for me on the Griffin anyway. After a bit of playing around I have finally settled on 75watts with this build, but can go much higher without any issues.

Hope you get it wicking correctly soon.
Are you below the wick ring at all?

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
None of my cotton goes below the ring no. The ring barely has any cotton in it, but it keeps it in place if that makes any sense? Probably 1mm tops in there just so it says in the channel.
Ok cool thanks got it. Will try that in a bit n let ya know. Thanks

Reactions: BoostAddict

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
So I wicked my ss24ga .3id .22ohm build with cotton bacon v2. I used just enough cotton to just barely go into the wick ring. The wick might be 1mm below the top of the ring. I cut a very small taper at the end of the wicks, but the wick is blocking the juice channels all the way still. I have had this tank for months and only a few times has it worked as good as it is now. All I see are bubbles coming from more than one hole. Flavor is a nice wet vape. I am only at 40w and clouds are as big as my mt at 70w with the same build. Chain vaping now at 50w and nothing but nice wet vapes. Thank all of you so very much you have saved this tank for me!!!! And if anyone that reads this that was wicking below the ring TRY THIS WAY. Its like night and day the difference it makes. Once more Thank Ya'll much. Now off to vape myself silly with what I feel like is a new tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread