Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Sounds like your charging station is well thought out, and safe, darlin'. Of that, we we all need to be reminded.

It's me, sweetie, and how I do it makes me more comfortable. Have you seen my elegant high tech charging station? Hold on to yer hat... it's pretty out there!!!!!

View attachment 530540

OH my.......look at them pretty colored toes!

Can't like this post one bit, sorry. You are ignoring basic battery safety guidelines. No one is infallible and no device is perfect, even ProVari products can fail, your first Radius bricked from a small tumble, and I do not believe that had anything to do with a capacitor. Ignore sound advice if you will, but please, do NOT advocate that others do likewise, that is just irresponsible!:sneaky:

Actually, you never did advocate others do likewise, but the sentiment remains...

No, I don't tell people to plug in their radius and leave it plugged in all night. But I won't tell someone they're doing it wrong if that's what they do. Just sayin ;)

For gosh sakes, I smoked a lethal weed, coating my lungs with tar and polluting my body with dangerous chemicals, coating my arteries with a sugary gue. We all did that. If the least safe thing I do is charge my Radius while I sleep, I'll take my chances. In fact, every time I get behind the wheel in my car, I'm in significantly more danger.

I'll give you all something more to worry about for my safety. I do the very same thing with my iPhone. It charges while I sleep. :shock:

I'm just living life on the edge. Yes I am!

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

No, I don't tell people to plug in their radius and leave it plugged in all night. But I won't tell someone they're doing it wrong if that's what they do. Just sayin ;)

For gosh sakes, I smoked a lethal weed, coating my lungs with tar and polluting my body with dangerous chemicals, coating my arteries with a sugary gue. We all did that. If the least safe thing I do is charge my Radius while I sleep, I'll take my chances. In fact, every time I get behind the wheel in my car, I'm in significantly more danger.

I'll give you all something more to worry about for my safety. I do the very same thing with my iPhone. It charges while I sleep. :shock:

Regardless, I advocate only charging batteries while present and awake. End Rant.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

You are just crazy! :p

Didn't I hear about one guy's iPhone catching on fire once? Be careful as it isn't that rare. Apple has only sold about 800 million iPhones.:)

My iPhone and/or iPad charges while I sleep every night. My Radius does the odd time, but I don't trust my iSticks or Reuleaux RX200's or 18650 batteries in a charger overnight. Selectively cautious, I guess.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I'm new to iPhone stuff. Recently hubs and I got 2 new iPhone 6s plus. Someone said something about an iPhone "brick". What is that? As in, what is it for - I read its for charging but you can charge anything like the Radius with it too? You just lay your phone/mod/whatever on it? Is it portable?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I'm new to iPhone stuff. Recently hubs and I got 2 new iPhone 6s plus. Someone said something about an iPhone "brick". What is that? As in, what is it for - I read its for charging but you can charge anything like the Radius with it too? You just lay your phone/mod/whatever on it? Is it portable?

he was talking about the "wall wart" power adaptor, the box you plug into a wall outlet that has a usb port on it for charging your phone....

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

Egg Jack Lee!!!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Knife, the batt in the pic is certainly NOT an Ultra Fire, or any batt with "fire" in its name. It's a Panny. What it looks like is not what it is in reality, so no worries, and I'm far from "UN-SAFE!!!". Thank you tho.

As far as your dilemma as to where to charge? Older info (and IMO wise info) always said to actually charge outside. I'm sure that's not going to be convenient or pastable for all of us, but is a great idea.

Keeping your charger in a pan is a great idea.

One thing I haven't seen anyone bring up here yet is one of those fire proof charging bags.

You didn't answer Knife's question about keeping your cordless house phone in the charging cradle or don't you have a cordless house phone?

I take everyone of these people saying charging your batteries (or battery in Radius or cell phone) while sleeping is unsafe do not have cordless house phone's either?

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Sounds like your charging station is well thought out, and safe, darlin'. Of that, we we all need to be reminded.

It's me, sweetie, and how I do it makes me more comfortable. Have you seen my elegant high tech charging station? Hold on to yer hat... it's pretty out there!!!!!

View attachment 530540
Yep, those toenails... :)

R

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Keeping your charger in a pan is a great idea.

One thing I haven't seen anyone bring up here yet is one of those fire proof charging bags.

You didn't answer Knife's question about keeping your cordless house phone in the charging cradle or don't you have a cordless house phone?

I take everyone of these people saying charging your batteries (or battery in Radius or cell phone) while sleeping is unsafe do not have cordless house phone's either?

Those bags, well, not much value (IMO).

Fair point on the cordless phones, but I'm still not charging other things overnight (and my cordless phones don't either, just by the way).

These things were taught to by family members who are firemen. Nothing on an e-cig forum will ever change MY mind.

And I don't use Bounce to clean the lint filter of my clothes Dryer. Also, fireman..

There are a bunch of things on my "Don't" list, related to fire prevention. Fires suck.

Do whatever you want to. As will I.

Vap3Go4t

Jan 22, 2012
Cleveland
Then use the Valentine's sale and get one!

My simply answer to your question -- the battery will last as long and most likely a bit longer than other 18650 regulated mods --- and the time is based on your own personal vaping habits.

For me, it certainly lasts longer than DNA devices I own or have owned, but not by hours.
Thanks for the reply!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I remember back in the day when cell phones were high on the don't leave on a charger list. I was like really??? :blink: I've never in over 20 yrs not left my phones charging overnight. Now it's ecigs & I'm like really all over again. :blink:
Honestly I think much of this comes from peoples own personal phobias & somehow it should be the norm for everyone. I am not ever going to live in fear that every device I leave on a charger is going to lead to a catastrophic event.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I remember back in the day when cell phones were high on the don't leave on a charger list. I was like really??? :blink: I've never in over 20 yrs not left my phones charging overnight. Now it's ecigs & I'm like really all over again. :blink:
Honestly I think much of this comes from peoples own personal phobias & somehow it should be the norm for everyone. I am not ever going to live in fear that every device I leave on a charger is going to lead to a catastrophic event.

I bet you walked with sticks in your hand too. Screw that, "Gonna poke your eye out!" kuhwrap. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread