Saying people should not vape for X reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Hello! So I was surfing the web and I cam across a thread here from 2012. It was someone, a non smoker, asking about vaping. They were saying they wanted to get into vaping 0nic for the flavors and clouds. There was a steady stream of people after that telling them that they should not vape and they were going to mess it up for everyone else and the like. Can someone please help me understand what this is about? Why would one person have more of a right to vape than another? And how would they mess it up? I even saw two people say that people who vape 0 have no business vaping. I vape 0 some times... And that is the point for a lot of people, right? TO get down to 0? I am at as loss here. If it seemed to be the thoughts of a few people I would have said "meah." But it seems to be the majority thought.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I think it has a lot to do with the anti vaping crusade , many claim e cigs are responsible for getting people to start vaping when they wouldn't have otherwise and your above question is kind of proof positive that it is indeed happening .

There is a lot of youngsters it seems on "Reddit" that claim vaping was interesting to them and they started vaping , at first they started vaping zero nicotine but now they started to try nicotine and like it .

All negative for the anti's and Gov.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
I think it has a lot to do with the anti vaping crusade , many claim e cigs are responsible for getting people to start vaping when they wouldn't have otherwise and your above question is kind of proof positive that it is indeed happening .

There is a lot of youngsters it seems on "Reddit" that claim vaping was interesting to them and they started vaping , at first they started vaping zero nicotine but now they started to try nicotine and like it .

All negative for the anti's and Gov.
But my thing is, this is a site for adults. And so I am going to assume everyone here is an adult. So why would anyone have a problem with an adult vaping for that reason?

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I guess I'm just an evil, nasty person, but....
I still believe that starting a new "nasty habit" is a bad thing. I can understand if you are quitting smoking, if you have a medical condition that vaping might help (wife's asthma attacks for example), ADD, etc. But to start vaping 'for the clouds bro' is just plain stupid and I will discourage it.
Just sayin'.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I think a responsible adult has every right to do what they like with (and to) their bodies as long as that activity does not directly violate the rights of another human being.

I've got no issues with a non-smoker picking up vaping (one of my supervisors has been picking my brain about vaping because he's thinking of getting into it) but I would recommend zero nic liquids.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    But to start vaping 'for the clouds bro' is just plain stupid and I will discourage it. Just sayin'.
    At no point did they say "Bro"

Clouds bro.

201510_0857_bfcab_sm.jpg

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    I remember that when I quit drinking 24 years ago, some friends said "Well, you shouldn't hang out in bars anymore" ... :blink:

For some, it was a genuine concern for backsliding. But for others, as I found out over the course of time, it was a kind of resentment that I was no longer "in the club" ... :(

If I believe vaping to be as safe as many other recreational activities (and I do), then I will refrain from criticizing "never-smokers" for enjoying the visual aspects of the hobby ... :vapor:

Do I think it looks strange to see a mushroom cloud emerging from a car window ? Yeah, it does, but I can live with that ... :rolleyes:

Do I think that extreme behavior will jeopardize the future of vaping ? Not really, I believe that its mostly about lost tax revenue and ideology, and the unfortunate human need to control the behavior of others ... :unsure:

A while back, I found a pair of bell-bottom jeans that I wore in high school ... :shock:

Wow ... :blush: :facepalm:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    But my thing is, this is a site for adults. And so I am going to assume everyone here is an adult. So why would anyone have a problem with an adult vaping for that reason?

:facepalm:

Congress uses - Kids - YOUNG Adults - as their excuse for the NEED to Control Vaping.

now where do you think they Got those Ideas? o_O

I have no personal problem with anyone vaping.................but Straight UP:
    electronic Cigarettes were Designed to AID in Stopping SMOKING.
    Modified Vaporizing Devices were Designed by /For Smokers Needing a BETTER more Productive replacement for Cigarettes - To help STOP SMOKING

The problem is not - ALL non-smoking Vapers.............
    Just the UNDER AGE and MUST SHOW OFF, Casual Hobbyist that could care less about how it appears or who they offend through ignorant acts.

i.e. Like the difference between Wall art and Common Taggers :grr:

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

The anti's and Gov do not think about the "ADULT" part and that adults have the right to do as they wish.

To them even if you are an adult, if you never smoked before and start vaping because it looks cool or is an attractive thing to start doing they will definitely see that in a negative light and use it against the vaping industry .

They can't even find a positive that vaping is saving thousands of lives lol, they are looking for everything that could be a negative , they are IGNORANT .

Thats the way they see it , when you have people saying they tried nicotine for the first time due to vaping, OMG , it's the end of the world to them.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I dont know who this "bro" is but every time i hear about this "bro" i want to slap someone.
    I dated a guy for along time, not long ago who called everyone "bro" I thought it was a jail thing,because he spent alot of time "hanging" around there before hanging around with me. Now i finally stopped hanging around with him and suddenly there are "bros" every where! "bro" seems to be following me and one day i may snap at him,lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread