hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was just curious about that post. I go for cleanings three times a year and have had way better dental health since I've started using snus instead of smoking. I get no where near the staining that I did smoking and my gums look way better. I think that if you brush and floss like you're supposed to anyway that snus has minimal affect on gums.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I bought a cheap plastic ice tool with my last order and it works fine. I'm a avid portion puncher so loose doesn't work out too good for me. But I liked it when I did try it, just had to deal with the mudslide and clean out afterwards.

You spamming us with voodoo health cures now Roth? Careful, my spam clicking finger is getting itchy. ;) Seriously though, my wife swears by oils. She has a diffuser that she uses for different oils. The house always smells nice but I don't see any health benefits from it. Never heard of the coconut oil for tooth aches cure before. May have to try it but like Hitt, since I switched to snus and quit smoking, my tooth and gum health has improved greatly. Just need to give up the soda and I could probably quit going to the dentist altogether.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    My gums and teeth improved greatly since getting off cigarettes, but the ravages of 43 years smoking plus just age have put my teeth, particularly molars in some serious bone issues. I always took care of my teeth with 6 month cleanings and checkups but "rust never sleeps" so they say. Yeah, I found the coconut oil on the net and when it worked, I became a believer. Anytime I can avoid the need for antibiotics, I try to do so. Since they get over used so much, I want to make sure that they work if they're really needed.

Speaking of things that get extracted, my snake found the light of day today. :banana::banana:
    I finally got to HD and picked up some cutters for my Dremel (sorry, but I forget who suggested it but it worked fantastically. I used it to cut a window into the pvc to determine how deep I could cut without hitting the snake, used a hacksaw blade to cut down to just above it and an old medal clothes hanger to lift it up and get the hacksaw blade under it to finish the cut.

I cut out a section almost an inch wide which allowed the pieces of pvc to separate enough to get the snake pulled and used the flexible pvc to tie the two pieces together. Doubt that it meets code doing it that way, but it sure makes getting to clogs and lost snakes one heck of a lot easier if I have the problem in the future.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah Rebel (found it) gave me the piece that I was missing in my plan. After that it was easy peasy. I don't think it took more than half an hour. I don't want to think how much it would have cost with the plumber. He probably would have repeated the same steps I went through to try to get the drain open. They never even considered the vent pipe the first time I had them out for issues with that drain. That time I also ended up fixing it myself after spending a bundle.

Now I need the spring to clean up the snake and paint the last three feet so I know when I'm getting close.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've never heard of a heart shaped steak. That's awesome. I just sent flowers. We are visiting my oldest daughter at college. We went to see Wicked last night with our daughters and ten of my oldest daughter's college friends. The seats weren't the greatest but I really enjoyed the play. I hadn't seen it before.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I knew I made that post from tapatalk. I deleted ECF from tapatalk and added it back. That's when I got the message that ECF doesn't allow tapatalk login, and makes you put in your ECF login. I had noticed that I couldn't see the classifieds from tapatalk which was weird because I had been verified for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread