Vaping.... Its harder than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I recommend you order the innokin cool fire 4plus kit it'll come with a tank and has a built in battery so no swapping batteries and it's only around $60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a much higher quality mod than an iStick and iSticks are very very cheap which people like . I would buy a far superior mod to an iStick like a Sigelei 75 watt replaceable battery mod for $39.00 .

The Sig 50 watt is a vastly superior mod to any Eleaf and it was $19.00 last week .

I just refuse to support a company that has outright refused to support it's customers and warrant their products , even Eleaf's parent company Joytech has distanced themselves from them.

Eleaf's biggest plus is they are the most affordable mods (typically) on the market but are at the very bottom as far as quality is concerned and refuse to warrant their products .

Phil Busardo agreed 100% with the above comments when asked about Eleaf during a YouTube review of the Coolfire 4 .

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I did it, I ordered from MFS. Spent about $90. Got the Eleaf istick that comes with the Nautilus tank which they said is the regular tank not the mini. 2 pkgs of coils and 2 juice.
I thought about the extra istick and probably will after I check out this one and make sure Im happy. That way 1 is charging all the time.
Thank you so much everyone for the links and the advice!!! I will be sure to let you know when it comes and how Im doing with it.

Glad to know you've got a vape device on the way. If you have any problems, come back to ECF and ask for help. There will always be plenty of people who want to help out!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I cant believe how much more I have been paying at the local store.....

Stores do have a lot of overhead. I learned that kinda early too. I stopped buying hardware after two purchases. Bought a lot of juice until I started DIY. I get a lot of advice from some sage folks here.

ETA - I buy all my gear online....

Ask lots of questions, but remember we all have our own opinions. Just because it works for me or I like it doesn't mean it's your cup of tea :)

Last edited:

ShepherdMom69

Jul 4, 2014
Eldred, PA USA
So I have another question now, Since I am getting a 2nd Nautilus tank. I chose the 1.8 ohms when getting the extra coils.( which is what comes with it) But now I have this box of 2.1 ohm coils. Apparently this is new and can i use them? Is it true what the sales person told me that theres no difference except it makes more vapor?

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    ^^-- I'm not aware of 2.1 ohm coils for the Nautilus. Those would be NON-Nautilus "Replacement BVC" for their lower price tanks such as the K1 and ones that previously used their "BDC" coils. You might want to try one... As to that resistance, generally these older style coils will produce the same vape at the same power setting. With variable voltage, the higher ohms is a higher voltage, for example a Spinner battery accidently set to max. (4.8 V) won't burn up the 2.1's but it doesn't run very well on some other (small) batteries. With newer style tanks such as the Subtank, coils are avail. in a much wider range (e.g. 1.5 & 0.5) and the coils produce a different vape.

If the battery cell(s) for the KBox were good ones in the first place, they can be used with other mods, at least up to the same power range. I didn't like the KBox design, does low and mid power but neither very well.

The problem with paying too much is double, first you spend too much and then you don't get to experience as much stuff. Sometimes advice IS worth a bit more but it might have to hit 100%. I stumbled a good bit when I started but as I was going cheap as possible, damage was more limited.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    This should be something you should consider for the future.
    ProVari Regular & Mini Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

The ultimate staple for any long term vaper.
    Used to cost just under $300 but you can now pick one up for as little as £80 since the advent of the P3.

Here's mine with my Kayfun V4.

With my Russian 91%.

Yeah, an overpriced battery will help with vendors selling her the wrong coils! ...
    The kayfun might be a good suggestion, but when having enough trouble with more user-friendly equipment?

Reactions: ShepherdMom69

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    So I have another question now, Since I am getting a 2nd Nautilus tank. I chose the 1.8 ohms when getting the extra coils.( which is what comes with it) But now I have this box of 2.1 ohm coils. Apparently this is new and can i use them? Is it true what the sales person told me that theres no difference except it makes more vapor?
    The 2.1 coils are either an aftermarket product-- made by somebody other than Aspire-- or they are made by Aspire and intended for a different tank. They may or may not fit, or work if they do. Only way to know is to try. They are not the same thing. In general, higher value coils make cooler and less dense vapor, and use less battery power and juice. Lower coils the opposite. On a variable power machine you can control the above to some extent by setting the power level. Lower power also uses less battery and juice, and makes less and cooler vapor, with higher power doing the opposite. However, there are limits. For complex technical reasons involving the radiated power at the coil surface where it makes vapor-- I won't get into that unless you want to hear it-- coils have a "natural" place they work best on the power scale. The 2.1s will like and only tolerate slightly lower power levels than the 1.8s, and will probably make a bit less vapor like that. But if they fit the tank, make contact, and don't leak, they should work.

Reactions: Toronnah

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2014
    nj
    the first 6 months of vaping for me i spent about $2000 on juices and hardware until i found what i like

sigelei 150 watt box mod, mutation x v2 rda, japanese cotton for wicking, kanthal 26 g, .2 ohms, 75 watts, DIY juice lol - spent probably $600 alone on juices until i realized making my own is better and i like my flavors more than store bought

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2013
    Hello,
    Im having some issues on getting the right equipment and its getting frustrating. July 3rd 2014 I put down the cigarettes and picked up a vape and havent looked back (much) I havent touched a regular cig since but somedays it seems like it would be so much easier.
    I started with a cheap kiosk vape pen. Plastic tanks. That route and upgraded batteries to an eGo twist. That worked for the 1st year. I got along pretty good with them but the tanks were $6 each and very unreliable. Some would last 2 days some would last 2 weeks.. But it worked to get me off the cigs.
    Then my husband (Who pays for all the gear I buy) decided that I needed to get a better system so Im not needing a new tank all the time. We went shopping at the 1 vape store within a reasonable driving distance (I live in a very rural area, No city shopping for me)
    I left with a Kanger box and an Aspire Nautilus tank, and extra batteries. To the tune of somewhere around $150 or a little more.
    2 weeks later I needed more coils I got back to the store, They dont carry the coils. What? But a very helpful and somewhat clueless employee helped find me another tank that they do carry the coils for. It was a kanger tech protank 2. took it home.... Sigh and things went down hill fast.
    *Sigh* signed "A very frustrated Vaper"

Oh yeah, been there, done that. I just didn't take as long with it. In 3 weeks I went from the cheap flea market e-cig to a mech and genny which I still use 3 years later. It allows me to be free of the B&M's and I don't have to worry about whether they carry my coils, because I make them myself for less than a penny and they last over a month. Wicks are pretty much the same thing, and I make my own juice too rather than pay the B&M's $80 a week for it. If you let them have their way with it vaping will be just as expensive as smoking, and you will never be able to really count on them for your vaping needs. You'll just be a repeat customer subject to what they choose to carry.

Yes, vaping involves work, effort, and a learning curve. In my own experience it was well worth it to not be dependent on the vape stores for anything and to have a satisfying and dependable vape. It's well worth getting a rebuildable atomizer and learning how to build it right, and it's so very worth it to learn making your own juice. Not only do both save you a boatload of money, they are really quite rewarding in other ways.

I went through a range of hardware pretty fast trying to get a satisfying and dependable vape, and I got it. I had to learn rebuildables to do it, but it worked beautifully and I saved a ton of money in the process. There are many varieties of mods and rebuildable atomizers out there and ECF is a great resource for help with them. Then too YouTube is your friend in that way.

I would urge you to look into rebuildable atomizers and the mods you can use them on. If you want something done right it pays to do it yourself.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    Oh yeah, been there, done that. I just didn't take as long with it. In 3 weeks I went from the cheap flea market e-cig to a mech and genny which I still use 3 years later. It allows me to be free of the B&M's and I don't have to worry about whether they carry my coils, because I make them myself for less than a penny and they last over a month. Wicks are pretty much the same thing, and I make my own juice too rather than pay the B&M's $80 a week for it. If you let them have their way with it vaping will be just as expensive as smoking, and you will never be able to really count on them for your vaping needs. You'll just be a repeat customer subject to what they choose to carry.

Yes, vaping involves work, effort, and a learning curve. In my own experience it was well worth it to not be dependent on the vape stores for anything and to have a satisfying and dependable vape. It's well worth getting a rebuildable atomizer and learning how to build it right, and it's so very worth it to learn making your own juice. Not only do both save you a boatload of money, they are really quite rewarding in other ways.

I went through a range of hardware pretty fast trying to get a satisfying and dependable vape, and I got it. I had to learn rebuildables to do it, but it worked beautifully and I saved a ton of money in the process. There are many varieties of mods and rebuildable atomizers out there and ECF is a great resource for help with them. Then too YouTube is your friend in that way.

I would urge you to look into rebuildable atomizers and the mods you can use them on. If you want something done right it pays to do it your self.
    hear hear. Not everybody wants to go to the trouble, or take the time to learn the needful, but those who do are well rewarded. I'm not a Genny man, but I don't use anything but RBAs of verious types, and I own a slew of mechs and know how to build them. With nic in the freezer, vapocalypse doesn't scare me at all.

Reactions: ShepherdMom69

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2013
    hear hear. Not everybody wants to go to the trouble, or take the time to learn the needful, but those who do are well rewarded. I'm not a Genny man, but I don't use anything but RBAs of verious types, and I own a slew of mechs and know how to build them. With nic in the freezer, vapocalypse doesn't scare me at all.

Hee heee! I hear ya. :)

I don't mean to recommend a genny to her, just rebuilding and DIY. I do recognize that some are not at all disposed to venturing into rebuilding for various reasons, but it can't hurt to encourage it given the rewards. I too have my nic in the freezer, a slew of mechs, 14 gennies, and half a liter of juice sitting nearby steeping.

A genny is a steep learning curve for a beginner, but then I was a beginner when I got my first one. There are lots of other rebuildables she could do well with and she can go with a mech or a regulated mod. The point is that one need not be dependent on the vape stores, and it's a lot cheaper and far more rewarding not to be. You will never hear, "I'm sorry, we don't carry that," or "I'm sorry, we are out of that right now."

And then there is the pride and satisfaction of your first good working build. Nothing beats that :)

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @ShepherdMom69 -
    If your iStick you ordered comes with an adapter with a 510 connection and eGo style threads on it (like my iStick Mini came with) - I'd recommend putting it on your mod & using it all the time! It'll save stripping your threads out of the new mod. Lots less expensive to just buy another adapter, rather than another mod.

ShepherdMom69

Jul 4, 2014
    Eldred, PA USA
    @ShepherdMom69 -
    If your iStick you ordered comes with an adapter with a 510 connection and eGo style threads on it (like my iStick Mini came with) - I'd recommend putting it on your mod & using it all the time! It'll save stripping your threads out of the new mod. Lots less expensive to just buy another adapter, rather than another mod.
    Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    @ShepherdMom69 -
    That was a good idea on the iStick 20w but isn't as important on the 30w. The 20w had soft threads but the 30w has stainless steel threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread