Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
It seems as though depending on who you talk to in customer service you get a different response regarding top cap conversion. I sent a 2.5 in for repair and was denied switching the top cap - YMMV. It seems some are unwilling, while others do it for you with no questions asked.
That right there is a very important bit. If you are going to do a service for some of your customer base, and at the same time deny the same service to other customers, this is just an unprofessional way to handle something that could possibly cause a customer to feel slighted. I know I would feel pretty slighted if I had requested this, and been denied, then afterwards read about other folks getting the green light.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
It seems as though depending on who you talk to in customer service you get a different response regarding top cap conversion. I sent a 2.5 in for repair and was denied switching the top cap - YMMV. It seems some are unwilling, while others do it for you with no questions asked.

That right there is a very important bit. If you are going to do a service for some of your customer base, and at the same time deny the same service to other customers, this is just an unprofessional way to handle something that could possibly cause a customer to feel slighted. I know I would feel pretty slighted if I had requested this, and been denied, then afterwards read about other folks getting the green light.

All I know is what I was told when I was buying new 2.5s when I submitted a ticket. If you are buying one, you can get the top cap added for $10 at the time of purchase if you submit a ticket. If not, you have to submit an RMA form and I believe the cost is then $27 IIRC.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
All I know is what I was told when I was buying new 2.5s when I submitted a ticket. If you are buying one, you can get the top cap added for $10 at the time of purchase if you submit a ticket. If not, you have to submit an RMA form and I believe the cost is then $27 IIRC.
You missed the point. Some folks have been told NO.

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming

Yea, I feel slighted, not enough to cause me heartburn tho. I was told no, hopped on this forum two days later and see a picture of Willy's three 2.5's that he sent in for loose boards that they put top caps on. So - apparently I'm not as cute as he is ;)

I ordered a 2.5 Gold Zenkote, submitted a ticket to have a top cap upgrade, and my ticket was never even read before my order shipped.

I've learned my lesson about asking for top cap upgrades.

Seriously though, I think I just had some bad luck. No hard feelings.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Zen took on the task of doing the conversion when Provape wasn't really answering our questions regarding it. He invested time and money machining a device to pull the ProVari apart without damaging the finish, however there is always the slight risk something could go wrong or get damaged while doing the modification. Then he has to buy the topcap assembly and rings from Provape, and he alone does the work, pulling the old topcap, cutting and re-soldering the wires onto the new one. Frankly I see it as a bit of an insult to Zen that they are doing it at such an undercut rate, when in the first place they were unwilling, and unresponsive to the several threads posted regarding the subject.

Further, Zen now incorporates an o-ring to secure the board, instead of the glue dots. He feels confident enough in his improved mounting method that one of my units that I acquired from him came with a P3 endcap with the much stronger spring, don't try that cap on a glue mounted V2 ;) I feel Zen offers this service at a pretty reasonable price, all things considered.
Thank you Duane!!! I wasn't aware of this & you explaining it {IMO} justifies the extra cost.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Zen took on the task of doing the conversion when Provape wasn't really answering our questions regarding it. He invested time and money machining a device to pull the ProVari apart without damaging the finish, however there is always the slight risk something could go wrong or get damaged while doing the modification. Then he has to buy the topcap assembly and rings from Provape, and he alone does the work, pulling the old topcap, cutting and re-soldering the wires onto the new one. Frankly I see it as a bit of an insult to Zen that they are doing it at such an undercut rate, when in the first place they were unwilling, and unresponsive to the several threads posted regarding the subject.

Further, Zen now incorporates an o-ring to secure the board, instead of the glue dots. He feels confident enough in his improved mounting method that one of my units that I acquired from him came with a P3 endcap with the much stronger spring, don't try that cap on a glue mounted V2 ;) I feel Zen offers this service at a pretty reasonable price, all things considered.

And Zen & Company are very fast!!! I sent two in on Monday, and unless the USPS pulls a bad one, I should have the back today.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
The Hate is Strong in this One!!!

0540f2437e7bf8636eb9352d7e44d6e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
The Hate is Strong in this One!!!

0540f2437e7bf8636eb9352d7e44d6e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like something used to extract the cool from a person :)

p.s. I wish i could have come up with something more witty/hateful than that, but ive expended all my hate on the national phone carrier here this week...

But the hate tank resets tomorrow night....

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Pretty - googled...
16650 battery ?
Tough to find... Even tougher to beat.

2500 MaH in a 19mm Mod, it'll last me all day long.

Got 4 on the way.

PS A popular size with flashliters, doubling/stacking the CR123s, I believe?!?

Jim

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I'm a "new" Provi hater..... Hated 'em when I couldn't afford them, then hated 'em when I bought two 2.5s at $50 each (and then the next day they dropped to $30 :sneaky: )

Now, I hate 'em so much that I ordered the top rings and the Provarinati end caps.....

Nauti Minis, PT2s and Subtank Nanos look perfect w/o the ring; full-sized Nautis and Subtank Minis are perfect with the topcap ring.....

Le sigh.....

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm a "new" Provi hater..... Hated 'em when I couldn't afford them, then hated 'em when I bought two 2.5s at $50 each (and then the next day they dropped to $30 :sneaky: )

Now, I hate 'em so much that I ordered the top rings and the Provarinati end caps.....

Nauti Minis, PT2s and Subtank Nanos look perfect w/o the ring; full-sized Nautis and Subtank Minis are perfect with the topcap ring.....

Le sigh.....
Hate on wi'cha bad self!!!! :thumbs:

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I don't hate them..I just don't buy or use them anymore since my newbie days 4 years ago..if ProVape would build a 100w Provari that can fire down to .1 ohms I would buy a couple of them, even at $200, to vape my subtanks and RDA's...until then they are back on the shelf...obsolete, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread