Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
It would be nice if not every vape review on youtube was framed by the host placing an importance on chucking clouds, thats a big part of the issue. Whens the last time you saw someone tootle puff on a review, maybe apart from Phil Busardo, who like me doesnt believe in inhaling any more vapor into his lungs than he did when he was a smoker.....

Its like newbies coming on here and seeing only talk about 200w box mods, and believing its the norm.....same with youtube vape reviews, you have to blow clouds because theyre all doing it.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
You sure are outgoing online, no social anxiety here haha :DSee what you started? In the end though I think everyone will have a better understanding of those who do and those who don't cloud chase. But this thread watch is gonna take more than one bag of popcorn for sure..
:pop:
And this is why I live on the internet. =) I do not have to interact with people to interact with people. And if, foe some reason, someone gets me stressed out. I just close out the site until I want to open it back up.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
It would be nice if not every vape review on youtube was framed by the host placing an importance on chucking clouds, thats a big part of the issue. Whens the last time you saw someone tootle puff on a review, maybe apart from Phil Busardo, who like me doesnt believe in inhaling any more vapor into his lungs than he did when he was a smoker.....

Its like newbies coming on here and seeing only talk about 200w box mods, and believing its the norm.....same with youtube vape reviews, you have to blow clouds because theyre all doing it.

200w box mods are rather normal now days. Sounds to me like you are trying to live in the past maybe? I am not sure, I am not you. But when I go to a vape shop. I see a lot more of them than I do the I-pens and stuff. And the 200w box mods sale out pretty quickly too. Because things change. Things evolve. Maybe it is true what the say. Some people do not like change. IDK.

Also, I do not think people watch a video and say "I want to blow clouds because they do!" As I have already said. People blow clouds because they like it.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Everything has a time and place.

Cloud chasing that results in vape bans (such as Wal-Mart or a tavern) affects us all.

So perhaps some of the hatred is rightly earned.
But why hate all cloud chasers because of the actions of some jerks who just so happen to be cloud chasers? That is a bit like me hating all football players because one threw a rock at my car.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I knew it!!!

I'm trying hard to bring light to this many people do not know about the anti-cloud platform he ran on. He is also against rainbows and kittens, and you know who doesn't like rainbows and kittens? A synth.

maxresdefault.jpg

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
But why hate all cloud chasers because of the actions of some jerks who just so happen to be cloud chasers? That is a bit like me hating all football players because one threw a rock at my car.

Cloud chasing in your own home or car is fine. But there is a lot of public cloud chasing that reinforces to the non - vaping public why bans should be in place. It makes non-vapers question if they are going to be adversely affected by exposure to a fog.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
There is absolutely nothing wrong with cloudchasing, I've been known to make my own little weather systems myself, however it seems to have attracted quite a few douchebags that ruin vaping for other people.... A bar I used to go to would allow vaping, not a problem with it, one night two douchebags came in and fogged up the place with 1 or 2 drips, ever since then vaping has been banned there and now I no longer go to that bar....

Not only did they make all vapers look bad they ruined my night...

Have some respect!!!!

I voluntarily stopped vaping completely around one office i used to visit....it was bad enough if i had ivaped my maple syrup at all that day...the female accountant would sniff me (which made me uncomfortable) and everyone else would complain because they wanted pancakes :)

I gave up on flavours and went unflavoured after that :)
200w box mods are rather normal now days.

Sounds to me like you are trying to live in the past maybe? I am not sure, I am not you. But when I go to a vape shop. I see a lot more of them than I do the I-pens and stuff. And the 200w box mods sale out pretty quickly too. Because things change. Things evolve. Maybe it is true what the say. Some people do not like change. IDK.

Also, I do not think people watch a video and say "I want to blow clouds because they do!" As I have already said. People blow clouds because they like it.

That would be alright if the 200w box mods were actually safe, so if id rather "live in the past" with my two 75w mods which are safe (and which i never even use half the watts on in temp control mode, it has to be said - why do i need 174 more watts than i can use? the extra battery life, yes), im going to do that, until i at least manage to find a mod and battery package thats actually much safer than what "everyone" has rushed out to get because theyve taken the carrot that gear makers are now using to get you to buy something new every 3 months...i blame that cult thinking on Apple actually...something new every x months.

No one needs 200w to not smoke, the only reason to use more than say 60w is to "blow clouds". Thick clouds of warm or hot vapor into lungs is not healthy, ask any fireman, or are they cloud chasing haters as well?

Youre really not getting the harm minimisation thread running through my posts are you?

Im also completely opposed to the "im 18 or over, i should be able to smoke/inject/snort anythign i like, its my body" mentality you seem to aspire to.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada

I've actually approached quite a few manufacturers about reviewing their low to mid range stuff and none of them seem interested in giving out products to review in that range.

The reason personally I love box mods is for dual batteries, you can go a very very long time without charging them at higher ohms, even with a subtank mini 1.2ohm coil it will last quite a long time, it pretty much removes my low battery anxiety lol.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Cloud chasing in your own home or car is fine. But there is a lot of public cloud chasing that reinforces to the non - vaping public why bans should be in place. It makes non-vapers question if they are going to be adversely affected by exposure to a fog.

I would dare say that if a random person is that concerned/annoyed about them the issue is going to arise whether it's a small cloud or a large one. It's like people who didn't like being around smokers they didn't separate the light smokers from heavy or regular from menthol, they just didn't like smokers.

With vaping I think it's the same way but a subset of this community have convinced themselves that people who don't like or understand vaping will give them a wider berth because they vape a certain way. We're kidding ourselves and dividing our resources, if someone doesn't like vaping they don't discriminate like we are doing.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I liken cloud chasing to motorcycle exhaust noise. In and of itself it's no issue . But in the summer, with my windows rolled down, some motorcyclist right beside me revs his engine at a red light, blasting me with 90 dB and leaves my ears ringing.

I now have to question his right to be heard to my right to be able to hear my own radio.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
I voluntarily stopped vaping completely around one office i used to visit....it was bad enough if i had ivaped my maple syrup at all that day...the female accountant would sniff me (which made me uncomfortable) and everyone else would complain because they wanted pancakes :)

I gave up on flavours and went unflavoured after that :)

That would be alright if the 200w box mods were actually safe, so if id rather "live in the past" with my two 75w mods which are safe (and which i never even use half the watts on in temp control mode, it has to be said - why do i need 174 more watts than i can use? the extra battery life, yes), im going to do that, until i at least manage to find a mod and battery package thats actually much safer than what "everyone" has rushed out to get because theyve taken the carrot that gear makers are now using to get you to buy something new every 3 months...i blame that cult thinking on Apple actually...something new every x months.

No one needs 200w to not smoke, the only reason to use more than say 60w is to "blow clouds". Thick clouds of warm or hot vapor into lungs is not healthy, ask any fireman, or are they cloud chasing haters as well?

Youre really not getting the harm minimisation thread running through my posts are you?

Im also completely opposed to the "im 18 or over, i should be able to smoke/inject/snort anythign i like, its my body" mentality you seem to aspire to.

1: A regulated box is safe. I have no idea what you are on about.

2: Last I checked there is smoke in fires. Not E-juice vape.

3: Something new ever x months? Not sure what you are talking about here. I know no one who does that. If we come across something we like, we get it. When it came out does not matter. I am not sure where you get your ideas from.

4: no one needs to vape at all. They could use a patch or the like. Your point is invalid.

5: So when the government tells you that you can not vape, you do not care, right? Because it is not your body. They should have the right to tell you what you can and can not put in it. What you can and can not eat. What you can and can not wear. Seems legit.

anything else?

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    When it comes to other vapors or vapors in general I have just two words: attitude and respect.

While I was a smoker it ...... me off to see others cigarette butts scattered about the grounds (don't people know how to 'field strip' their smoke and stuff the .... in their pocket?) and it still makes me shake my head. Those that liter are showing disrespect for the property owners and the public in general.

When smoking I was also mindful of where my smoke was going and often would have to find a place where "down wind" was not infringing on others rights to breath air without my tobacco smoke in it.

After all, while I may of enjoyed smoking my habit did not need to involve others which had no desire to take part in it. Its all about respect and consideration of others.

So what does this ramble have to do with "cloud chasing"?

The attitude(s) displayed by local B&M sales people and those who seemingly "hang out" vaping just outside 10' of a vapor B&M (or other places) is what I may have issue(s) with.

I suppose that it could easily be argued that the sales folk are simply trying to move stock and the higher juice guzzling gear that they can sell the more juice they might be able to sell later. So I get their attitude of pushing "cloud chasing" on their customers.

What I don't get is how/why some vapor's think its ok to produce a "gauntlet of vape" (IE:cloud) that others have to endure. While the jury is still out on "second hand vape" I think its rather disrespectful and obnoxious to subject the non-vaping public to it.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    I've actually approached quite a few manufacturers about reviewing their low to mid range stuff and none of them seem interested in giving out products to review in that range.

The reason personally I love box mods is for dual batteries, you can go a very very long time without charging them at higher ohms, even with a subtank mini 1.2ohm coil it will last quite a long time, it pretty much removes my low battery anxiety lol.
    Innokin at least came out with the Endura T18, which ive ordered a few of for some friends who have seen me give up smoking and want to try it...no point getting them an rx200.....

Also working with a mental health centre on a pilot program to offer vaping to some of their clients, which an rx200 would be useless for as well :), but the T18 would be ideal.

I know people on older gen stuff than i have starting to get nervous that its going to disappear from the watts wars :)

Like you the only thing that attracts me to a dual battery mod or say the dna200 is for the extra battery life at my settings. Still i get a day and a half out of my SX Mini, and a day out of my TreeBox...shes a bit thirstier :)

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    When it is disruptive to me. Pretty much like the motorcycle engine revving next to your open-window thing.

I don't get bothered by what I think is a fad. I remember when CB radios were hot, skateboards and hackysack ruled.

But, when it is disruptive to me, like when it is blown in my face. Going into vape lounges, I tend to see cloud-chasers standing around the counter and cash register and not sitting in the lounge area to the side. That is just a bad business practice and discourteous.

It really is about courtesy.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    1: A regulated box is safe. I have no idea what you are on about.

2: Last I checked there is smoke in fires. Not E-juice vape.

3: Something new ever x months? Not sure what you are talking about here. I know no one who does that. If we come across something we like, we get it. When it came out does not matter. I am not sure where you get your ideas from.

4: no one needs to vape at all. They could use a patch or the like. Your point is invalid.

anything else?
    Im merely pointing out 200w from just 2 batteries doesnt add up to safety, unfortunately theres a number of mods, including one made my the parents of my SX Mini M, sadly (and which generated at least 9 pages, last time i looked, of anger at them doing so), which claim to get 200w safely from 2 batteries.

Hot vapor has no smoke, but it has temperature. Warm or hot temperature into healthy lungs = not good long term. Again, ask any fireman, they not only wear breathing gear to keep out the smoke, but the hot air.

I know plenty of people who have bigger budgets than i who fork out money for the latest thing available in the vaping landscape as soon as it appears...usually i can set my watch for the time it will then appear here in a post after release :) That was actually more about the vape gear manufacturers that i think this is just nuts. Every tries to follow the Apple methodology, something new every x months, not something thats actually any better mind you...just like apple

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread