Best and Fastest way to steep e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Just wondering what is the best and fastest way to steep e-liquid? Is there a process that works better than just putting it in the dark and letting it breathe? Is there a way to speed up the process?

Not really, the point of steeping is aging, so as to let the flavor molecules bind, warm water bath's and a vigorous shake x's 3 first day, tend to help a little, thereafter shake twice a day through the week ............
Amazon.com: Limitless Mate Stainless Steel Milk Frother Professional One Touch Handheld Milk Foamer Creates Foam & Creamy Milk In Seconds: Kitchen & Dining

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy272

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Best method IMO is to let TIME do it's thing. Cap on or off depends on flavorings used. Just put the juice in a dark cupboard and wait.

Fastest is going to be a combination of warming and air infusion. How you do the warming is up to you as long as you keep below 140degrees. The air infusion part means stirring or mixing, again the how is more about your preference and what tools you jave for the job.

Ralph Furley

Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for all the info. I do a combination of steeping/aging, breathing and I just did a hot bath in a crock pot for a couple of batches to try it out. It seemed to work great. I let them sit in the water for 6 hours, shaking every 30 minutes. Then I let them breathe for two hours, capped them and put them in a cool dark area to sit for longer. The water didn't get above 150. It seemed to have turned the liquid to the same color as if it had been regular steeping/aging for 2 weeks. Any negatives with the warm bath if it's kept at a certain temperature?

leftneck

Mar 30, 2015
Raleighwood
Just build you an arsenal of liquid and you don't have to worry about it. The stuff I buy today, I won't get around to vaping for probably 3-4 more months. Sales usually pop up around any given holiday (Valentine's sales going on now), use those times to help build your inventory.

This way, you never have to bother with hurrying along the process.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thanks for all the info. I do a combination of steeping/aging, breathing and I just did a hot bath in a crock pot for a couple of batches to try it out. It seemed to work great. I let them sit in the water for 6 hours, shaking every 30 minutes. Then I let them breathe for two hours, capped them and put them in a cool dark area to sit for longer. The water didn't get above 150. It seemed to have turned the liquid to the same color as if it had been regular steeping/aging for 2 weeks. Any negatives with the warm bath if it's kept at a certain temperature?

I've done the Crock-Pot steep several times with success. There is a ton of information on it if you google steeping e juice or speed steeping e juice. I think you'd also have success googling Crock Pot steeping e juice. A few years ago, there was a group of vapers, I think they were here on this forum, who tested the Crock-Pot steep pretty thoroughly and claimed to have tested the juice afterwards to make sure the nicotine content was not degraded.

They recommended putting your juice in baggies or unicorn bottles so the labels won't be ruined, adding water to your Crock-Pot, and putting the bagged juice in the water for about four hours. They claimed as long as you set your Crock Pot to the lowest setting, and leave the lid cracked open a bit, the water won't exceed 140 degrees, and the nicotine won't degrade. I've never tested the juice for nicotine levels after doing this, but I am sure I would have noticed if the nicotine content had been reduced. After I take the bottles out of the bath, I open them, squeeze the bottles to allow fresh air in the bottle, replace the lid, shake them very thoroughly, and let them rest a bit for a couple of days in a dark place until they taste like they're ready. While they are resting, I make sure to squeeze each bottle and shake it every day, at least one time per day.

Most of the time the juice is ready to go after I've done this, but some juices will require a longer steep after the bath. Just vape them every few days until they taste like they're ready to you.

Good luck!

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
I don't know if its's the best way, but i've been using a yoghurt machine for quite some time now.

Make your liquid, put lids on, shake thoroughly. Put the jars in the machine, without the lids on, for about 8 to 9 hours.

Then, depending on your flavours, steep for another 1 (fruit, sweets etc) to 2 (tobacco etc) weeks, with the lids on, while regularly (few times per week) opening them to breathe, then closing and giving them a good shake.

I've compared this method several times with liquids that i only put in a closed jar, and there's a lot more flavour when using the machine. Probably also has something to do with the air and oxydation, and of course the 40 degrees C environment in the machine, so perhaps not recommended for long term storage.

NEW Euro Cuisine YM80 Yogurt Maker Automatic Electric Machine 6oz Glass Jars

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread