Innokin coolfire 4 battery replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

buell

Feb 10, 2016
Hi all,

Back in November I bought a coolfire 4 with the isub g tank and have been very happy with it, I vape at between 30w and 35w but the battery has started just this week to run out of charge very quickly.

When I first bought it I didn’t need to recharge till about 7pm, now it runs flat about 1 pm. I’m not doing anything different. It’s still charged with the same recommended charger I bought from the shop when I first got the kit. It still vapes brilliantly but just not for very long.

What I want to know is can the battery be replaced with a new one, possibly one that isn’t going to wear out in 3 months, which battery would fit and where would i get it from

Many thanks in advance

Lee

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Hi all,

Back in November I bought a coolfire 4 with the isub g tank and have been very happy with it, I vape at between 30w and 35w but the battery has started just this week to run out of charge very quickly.

When I first bought it I didn’t need to recharge till about 7pm, now it runs flat about 1 pm. I’m not doing anything different. It’s still charged with the same recommended charger I bought from the shop when I first got the kit. It still vapes brilliantly but just not for very long.

What I want to know is can the battery be replaced with a new one, possibly one that isn’t going to wear out in 3 months, which battery would fit and where would i get it from

Many thanks in advance

Lee

Sorry Lee they are not serviceable. You may wish to just buy a replacement. Very inexpensive now since the Plus is out. More than likely less expensive than buying a replacement battery. You may also wish to look into the Coll Fire Plus since it has a larger battery.

Reactions: Innokin_Ash

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
this seems to be the theme from innokin, try and get in touch with a problem and you either get ignored or told to go and buy another one.
well, I've just fitted a new battery in the cool fire 4, not hard at all.
the battery cost £7 for a 3000 mAh and 30 mins of my time.

Part brand and model number please!

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Product Description
Efest 18650 Battery

Efest IMR 18650 Battery is a mod battery suitable for the advanced mod kits such as the Innokin iTaste Cool Fire Mod or Kangertech Sub Box Mod.

Specifications

• Ampage: 20 / 35 amps
  • Capacity: 3000 / 3100 mAh
  • Voltage: 3.7 volts
  • Li-mn
  • IMR 18650

I thought the Cool Fire used a Li Po battery. What were the markings on the battery you removed?

Last edited:
I

Innokin_Ash

this seems to be the theme from innokin, try and get in touch with a problem and you either get ignored or told to go and buy another one.

Hi @buell, sorry to hear about your issue. We have a 120 day warranty on the CFIV. Please email support@innokin.com they'll be able to set up a replacement device for you.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I went through two iStick 50W's that failed with blank displays before the vendor offered store credit on another mod brand. I chose the Coolfire IV and it's my goto mod when I'm going somewhere and need to be stealthy. I'm almost a year into my Coolfire IV and it's still working as advertised.

I caught a deal on the MVP 3.0 Pro 60W and it's a monster for battery life with its 4500mah rating. The large display is one of the best I've seen.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have a question about Coolfire IV USB charging. Mine rotates the colors and stops on the appropriate one when I plug it in, then it begins to charge. It's supposed to turn the LED off when charging is complete. That never happens.

The way I know when to unplug it is to walk by and pick it up. If the case is cool I will unplug it for a few seconds and re-plug the USB cable. If it's charged the LED will go out. If not, I know it needs to charge longer.

Isn't the LED supposed to turn off when charging is complete? It's slightly warm when charging and it cools after a while, but since I bought it last June it has never turned off the charge indicator when its done charging. It will stay green all day long and into the night when plugged in until I go by and unplug and replug to make it go through initialization again.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Is the battery installed with spring loaded terminals or is it soldered in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread