Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Googled #1 because I knew I'd never get it. I was right -- totally outside anything I watch. Any guesses I might have made would have been totally off the mark because I thought the actor on the right was Michael J. Fox in drag.
:lol: LOL!!

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Re-posting Quiz image for easy page 2 viewing...

movie-quiz_111.jpg

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
More hints!

#5: During a preview tour, an island theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its dangerous exhibits to run amok.

#6: An unorthodox and irreverent DJ begins to shake up things when he is assigned to the US Armed Services Radio station in southeast Asia.

#7: The infamous story of Benjamin Barker, who is now operating under a new name, (which is part of this movie's title). He sets up a barber shop down in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett. The film is based on a long-running, hit Broadway musical, and the titular character, portrayed by Johnny Depp, is in the screenshot.

#8: Sandy Olsen is a goody two shoes from Australia, Danny Zuko is the head T-Bird from Rydell High. They met and fell in love over the summer. But when they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?

Answers coming tomorrow night!

movie-quiz_111_5-8.jpg

Reactions: FantWriter

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
#8: Sandy Olsen is a goody two shoes from Australia, Danny Zuko is the head T-Bird from Rydell High. They met and fell in love over the summer. But when they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?

I knew it was "When Danny Met Sandy." Man, Meg Ryan sure looks different.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Answer time!

#1: Dolores Claiborne
A big-city reporter (played by Jennifer Jason Leigh), travels to the small town in Maine where her mother has been arrested for the murder of an elderly woman that she works for as a maid. In the course of working out the details of what has happened, as well as some shady questions from the past and the daughter's troubled childhood, many difficult truths are revealed about their family's domestic strife.

dolores-claiborne_1_sm.jpg

#2: The Hunt for Red October
In November 1984, the Soviet Union's best submarine captain in their newest, technologically-superior sub violates orders and heads for the USA. Is he trying to defect or to start a war?

the-hunt-for-red-october_1_sm.jpg

#3: Some Like It Hot
Two struggling musicians witness the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and try to find a way out of the city before they are found and killed by the mob. The only job that will pay their way is an all girl band so the two dress up as women, but further complications set in.

some-like-it-hot_1_sm.jpg

#4: American Graffiti
At the end of the summer of 1962 in a small southern California town, it's the evening before best friends and recent high school graduates, Curt (played by Richard Dreyfuss), and Steve (Ron Howard), are scheduled to leave town to head off to college. Curt is having second thoughts about leaving, while Steve basically sees their hometown as a dead end. Curt's beliefs are strengthened when he spots an unknown beautiful blonde in a T-bird who mouths the words "I love you" to him.

american-grafitti_4_sm.jpg

#5: Jurassic Park
During a preview tour, an island theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its dangerous exhibits to run amok.

jurassic-park_3_sm.jpg

#6: Good Morning, Vietnam
An unorthodox and irreverent DJ begins to shake up things when he is assigned to the US Armed Services Radio station in southeast Asia.

good-morning-vietnam_2_sm.jpg

#7: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
The infamous story of Benjamin Barker, who is now operating under a new name, (which is part of this movie's title). He sets up a barber shop down in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett. The film is based on a long-running, hit Broadway musical, and the titular character, portrayed by Johnny Depp, is in the screenshot.

sweeny-todd-the-demon-barber-of-fleet-street_2_sm.jpg

#8: Grease
Sandy Olsen is a goody two shoes from Australia, Danny Zuko is the head T-Bird from Rydell High. They met and fell in love over the summer. But when they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?

grease_3_sm.jpg

As always, thanks for playing, guys! :)

Reactions: FantWriter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread