Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Wow!!! My Birthday Bunny got me one of these and I am in love! Talk about being well made beauty that works like a machine! (Throughout my vaping career I've been all about authentics. I've had to give in on my beliefs a bit in order to find toppers for my beloved authentic Reos. Knowing that they were modded by the mod Master certainly helped my conscience).
I'm a flavor chaser that doesn't mind a cloud as long as it doesn't interfere with flavor. I'm a single coiler (1.2ish) and not exactly a tootle puffer, as I like a bit of MTL. (Air is good as long as it doesn't interfere with FLAVOR).
This little atty does all of the above, plus it's easy to build on like my beloved RM2's. (I'm even considering boring the air holes a bit on the RM2's more than I already have with this new experience).

I'm running mine on my SL/LP. Have tried it wide open with one hole and wide open with both holes and like someone else here (oops, forgot who..was it Steam?) haven't noticed a difference in flavor. I would have never thought about trying both with a single coil...

Thanks Spydro, Papa and all those who have posted here. Your comments and support are, as always, so helpful. Also grateful that I received 2 extra grub screws.

I'm considering adding another one. Has anyone put one of these beauties on a non-LP? (For my mini 2.1 old school).I know I could try it but it's kinda busy right now....

Awesome :toast:

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift. Best wishes to you.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I am thinking about getting a 0-16 but I am concerned about the air flow. I have an Odin and I can vape that but it is honestly a little to restrictive. Can someone give me a an idea of how much air they have? maybe a comparison to the Odin or other atomizers?

If you're finding the Odin a tad restrictive, the O-16 might not float your boat. It's not really a big air atty.

As Spydro says, you can do long DL hits with it, but then he can make a Chalice work for the same purposes (which is saying something, given that's most definitely not an airy atty).

For comparison purposes, I'd say the O-16 (wide open) is comparable with the narda wide open, the thump with 1.5 holes open, and the RM8/derringer, stumpy, & RM9/vector with 1 hole open.

It is, however, more air than a stock RM2 or RM3, or most any of the 14mm atties (matrix, graal, speed, viper, divo, etc.).

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks Spydro! From the looks of the standard 2.1, it didn't appear that it would fit but I was hoping. I could either have it shaved down by Rob or consider a Challice. Would it need to be a III version?

Yep, I'm impressed with this little machine.

It wouldn't have to be the CIII version for the standard Mini 2.1's, my CII works as well in them for example as well as in most pre 2015 Woodvil's with top catch cups, standard Grands, even my OG VV Grand. But the CIII is the version that is easy to find available (from Reosmods, and now at a reduced price), and that has an AFC you can dial in the air with from tootle puffer to DLH's (restictive for those so you have to take long, slow pulls).

If you're finding the Odin a tad restrictive, the O-16 might not float your boat. It's not really a big air atty.

As Spydro says, you can do long DL hits with it, but then he can make a Chalice work for the same purposes (which is saying something, given that's most definitely not an airy atty).

For comparison purposes, I'd say the O-16 (wide open) is comparable with the narda wide open, the thump with 1.5 holes open, and the RM8/derringer, stumpy, & RM9/vector with 1 hole open.

It is, however, more air than a stock RM2 or RM3, or most any of the 14mm atties (matrix, graal, speed, viper, divo, etc.).

Getting long DLH's that fill my lungs completely is easy with the O-16 wide open, I don't find them as having restrictive air with that type of pull.

Getting my lungs full from a Chalice III simply means taking longer and slower pulls than any of my other atty's that are not drilled out larger... in my case for 15-20 seconds for all of them except the one I modified for more air. For my more restrictive Chalice II I have to also slip stream the drip tip a little as well as take those longer and slower pulls, and that dilutes the flavor some. So in the CII I use more intense liquids than I need to in any of my CIII's.

O-16's having more air than a stock RM2/RM3 is an understatement. You could get more air from a 10' LONG mixed drink bar micro straw/stirrer than from those pin hole tootle puffer atty's. ;)

:lol:

Last edited:

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Awesome flavour from the Clapton (0.8 ohm) with RxW.

aiilSpp.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Awesome flavour from the Clapton (0.8 ohm) with RxW.

Great build picture. :thumbs:

I would think that getting "awesome flavor" from an O-16 will be pretty easy to do with a wide range of builds. None of the first builds in any of mine failed to deliver great flavor. And the builds I settled on to match the liquids I run in the O-16's moved them up to join the top shelf of my flavor atty list in sort order.

I've started doing Clapton and more twisted builds again, but not any of the other crazy coils I use to build. They are considered when an atty needs a rebuild, which they seldom do, or I decide I want to try a different build in an atty. None of my O-16's have either yet, they have not needed a rebuild, but I might try both builds in them when some do.

Same with the RxW 3mm. Another only when a new build is needed/wanted that I consider using RxW instead of the pulled and rolled (that for my uses doesn't need to be replaced often). I don't use RxW 2mm at all anymore, not for a long time. In fact I just checked my build data sheet, and the only RxW 2mm build I am still running is just shy of a year old in a Chalice II.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I am still trying to nail "my" best flavor build to get the best out of my O 16. I am a flavor junkie and usually use a single 1.2 ohms 2.5 diameter kanthal coil. I tried the Z build but it was not stellar in terms of flavor, and then tried a regular coil closer to the side. This one is better, but not enough to push me to buy another one. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I am still trying to nail "my" best flavor build to get the best out of my O 16. I am a flavor junkie and usually use a single 1.2 ohms 2.5 diameter kanthal coil. I tried the Z build but it was not stellar in terms of flavor, and then tried a regular coil closer to the side. This one is better, but not enough to push me to buy another one. Any suggestions?

MTL and DLH's are not created equal, liquids are not created equal, atty's are not created equal, builds... you get the idea. There are many factors that add to the mix, play a role in the end product. FWIW I build to the joose because each is unto its own and likes what it likes best for my tastes in builds in each different atty. IOW, I don't just use a standard build for everything like many folks do.

Generally if you increase the vapor production, use the AFC and your draw to condense it into flavor rich vapor you'll substantially increase the flavor from any atty. You might try builds with more wire in contact with the wicking while staying in the heat range you want by using different wire gauges that still have a ramp up time your draw can live with. All of that is easy enough to compare/figure out with a coil wrapping steam engine.

Here's the link to just one of the many that's available on line...
Coil wrapping

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
MTL and DLH's are not created equal, liquids are not created equal, atty's are not created equal, builds... you get the idea. There are many factors that add to the mix, play a role in the end product. FWIW I build to the joose because each is unto its own and likes what it likes best for my tastes in builds in each different atty. IOW, I don't just use a standard build for everything like many folks do.

Generally if you increase the vapor production, use the AFC and your draw to condense it into flavor rich vapor you'll substantially increase the flavor from any atty. You might try builds with more wire in contact with the wicking while staying in the heat range you want by using different wire gauges that still have a ramp up time your draw can live with. All of that is easy enough to compare/figure out with a coil wrapping steam engine.

Here's the link to just one of the many that's available on line...
Coil wrapping

Thanks. I guess I will just keep on experimenting :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spydro

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I run mine on a bog standard 0.8 ohm coil made from 28 gauge Kanthal wicked with cotton on a mech squonker running at around 3.7 and with only the small hole open on the coil side - imho it's grand for flavour at that simple settting
That's almost how I ran it till this morning at 1.2 ohms. But in this setup it doesn't fare much better than the Cyclone AFC

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Made a dual coil 8 wraps each using a 30 gauge kanthal 1.2 ohms. The flavor is really better! This atty really shines with dual builds!! But now my problem is that with a dual build you have 2 air holes open and this is too airy for me even if they are the smallest holes.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Made a dual coil 8 wraps each using a 30 gauge kanthal 1.2 ohms. The flavor is really better! This atty really shines with dual builds!! But now my problem is that with a dual build you have 2 air holes open and this is too airy for me even if they are the smallest holes.

Might try a single twisted coil with one air hole open. So far I've tried a dual coil build (30 ga, 1/16th", ~1 ohm), a single center mounted coil (28 ga, 2.5mm, ~1 ohm), and a single twisted coil (30ga, 1/16th", ~1 ohm).

The twisted coil, with only the second-smallest air hole open, seems to pop best for my vaping style (mouth to lung). YMMV, but gotta love the Origen's flexibility.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Might try a single twisted coil with one air hole open. So far I've tried a dual coil build (30 ga, 1/16th", ~1 ohm), a single center mounted coil (28 ga, 2.5mm, ~1 ohm), and a single twisted coil (30ga, 1/16th", ~1 ohm).

The twisted coil, with only the second-smallest air hole open, seems to pop best for my vaping style (mouth to lung). YMMV, but gotta love the Origen's flexibility.
Sounds good ..will give it a try later tonight. And yes this thing offers tons of possibilities. Thanks.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
I received an O-16 on Friday and have been playing with some builds. I'm really digging a 0.4ohm dual coil with 5 wraps of 26g. I have it set on the 2mm airholes. I like a lot of warmth and restricted lung hit, and it's just about perfect!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread