USA
Chicken1.jpg

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Went from KGD, then tried Native Wicks, which I find a bit difficult to compress and feed through small coils, as this PIMA cotton kinda runs in clumpy horizontal strips, and at times not all my cotton strip gets all the way through the wire, this can get messy, and at times I have to discard and start over. Wicks ok, but I've gone back to KGD for most builds.

Never tried Cotton Bacon, but will have to.

Did read some great comments on KENDO, at that time I could not find it in stock anywhere, looks like it may be back, you can read about it here, another one I will try, ANYONE TRY THIS TYPE?

Kendo Vape Cotton

Reactions: Slots

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Cotton Bacon.... Tried it? Thoughts? I'm considering ordering a bunch and using as packing materials. Thoughts? IMO this is the first cotton I have tried that just might be better than kgd.
I had only used kgd until you sent the sample of native wicks awhile back and I really liked it , but as I found out it differed with the juice I was using . It seemed the lighter juices worked great with it and the thicker darker juices it seemed to struggle and would get dry hits if I didnt squonk every hit so then I tried cotton bacon and have never looked back. I found a great deal on flea bay 6 bags for $21 so I ordered 3 lots so 18 bags about 6 months ago and in that time I have used 2 bags, and I re wick my adv everyother day and everything else weekly.

Reactions: Slots

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Isn't cotton bacon a fancy name for sterile organic cotton, the same thing you can get at CVS by the bag on the cheap?
I really didn't get that impression. I haven't used it much yet as it just arrived yesterday along with 2 Snapdragons that I ordered nearly a month ago. My first attempt was a fail in trying to use the Scottish roll technique, I just wicked my Narda wayyyy too tight; not the fault of the cotton however just my over exaggerated and ham fisted attempt at the Scottish roll. My second attempt worked out much better.

Personally I find the Bacon v2 ever so slightly better but as its been mentioned it's not quite as convenient as the kgd nor as easy to form into wicks but I feel it recovers a little faster and has a slightly smoother taste. In any wicking material my biggest concern is the recovery speed. Previous materials that I have tried all lagged behind the KGD the bacon is the only one I have tried so far that recovered faster.

As of now anyway, I have no plans to sell cotton but I was thinking of adding packs in your boxes as gifts with purchase. I recently received a few orders where companies had done this and I felt it was a nice touch and I'm sure most of you have piles of Catfish stickers by now.

Mrrickyyap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
San Francisco, California
Cotton Bacon.... Tried it? Thoughts? I'm considering ordering a bunch and using as packing materials. Thoughts? IMO this is the first cotton I have tried that just might be better than kgd.
I've used kgd, cotton bacon, cellu cotton, drago and everything in between. To me what makes a good wicking material is
1: taste
2: break in period
3: how long it lasts in its peak flavor before flavor starts to diminish.
4: price
5: ease of building a wick

With that said. This is my favorite.
87248a9f352688daf3464b06d47a23da.jpg

Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton Puff Size L (120pc) Amazon.com : Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton Puff Size L (120pc) : Cotton Balls : Beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I might have figured out why I need such fast cotton.....

Could you guys (and girls of course) post the specs of your single coil builds used in the stumpy or Narda?
I ran all my builds through steam engine and according to the calculator my builds are all insanely hot.
image.png

See the flux 575? That's supposed to be 200-350 range. Most of my twisted coils came up over 1000. I don't get it. Perhaps if I tried to get that number down my wicks would recover faster.... Hmmmm

bullhcr

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Oslo, Norway

Could you guys (and girls of course) post the specs of your single coil builds used in the stumpy or Narda?
I ran all my builds through steam engine and according to the calculator my builds are all insanely hot.
View attachment 530879
See the flux 575? That's supposed to be 200-350 range. Most of my twisted coils came up over 1000. I don't get it. Perhaps if I tried to get that number down my wicks would recover faster.... Hmmmm
NarDa: Single triple twisted 30g at 0.7 Ohms. That is a heat flux below 150. Usually go higher but never more than 200.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

View attachment 530879

Drop down to 24g wire, which will require more wraps. At the same power, your Heat Flux numbers will go down.

skillzizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2015
west lebanon nh
Cotton baking works in high heat my way. This is a .12ohm. 24 gauge dual parralell 3mm I'd build. In the thump.I wick it tight. I get 4 to 5 hits out of a maybe 2 secound light squonk. I rip the strip in half for thickness wise then can cut 3 strip usualy for wicks out of each section for this size coil. Maybe used 6 packs the last year. I build tons of coils all the time. It works the best for me in larger coils I rarely build under 3mm id. I should say it works just as good in small coils. I just use mainly build smaller coils. I used do use it in an erlkonigin with tiny timy coils. Most options for wicks the pad style or things like that dont work at all for larger coils. So started using this exclusively about a year ago works for all applications i have used it for. Realy no break in time. Sucks juice, and holds juice amazinly, and i use max vg juice allways pg bothers my throat. It produces more vapor and a consistent vapor and taste then any thing i have used. It burns vary consistant and evenly. They way i wick it the cotton will turn completly white and evenly if u let it. Is great because thing like native wick and vapors choice seems to get saturated and if say u got a dry hit the cotton womt actualy be dry is weird.

Attachments

• 20160214_091359_resized-1.jpg
    20160214_091359_resized-1.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee

View attachment 530879
Whoa!!! I usually don't go over 200. Well at least now I know I can...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread