Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Just got back from Mamaw's Valentines Supper. Longhorns was crushed again, so we returned to the Napoli Italian Restaurant. Mamaw spoke so well of the Rib eye last week that this time I decided to try the Steak and Shrimp. It was one of the worst cuts on beef ever placed before me. There was a chunk of pure, soft unadulterated fat in the center nearly the size a baseball, and the rest of the steak was marbled with fat and gristle. I asked for medium- well, and one end was burnt to charcoal.
Normally when I am this disappointed, I just won't go back. But this time I had to speak up. I informed the waitress that the service was good, and to add 15% for gratuity, but the steak was really bad. I pointed to the small carry- home box and said "This is for my dogs...", then pointed to the large center chunk of fat, still on the plate, and added "..and this I wouldn't even feed to my dogs." And I calmly added "That was a very poor cut of beef."
She asked me to give her a minute, and left with the check and my card. When she returned, she informed me that the Manager had knocked 10% off of the cost of the meal, and she had taken her gratuity down 5%. As we were leaving, the Manager came to me to ask if everything was OK tonight. I just calmly remarked "pretty good, pretty good."
Don't get me wrong, the rest of the meal was exceptional. And the service, especially when it came to the correction on the bill, was very good.
But if I ever go back, I'll be ordering pasta again.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Just got back from Mamaw's Valentines Supper. Longhorns was crushed again, so we returned to the Napoli Italian Restaurant. Mamaw spoke so well of the Rib eye last week that this time I decided to try the Steak and Shrimp. It was one of the worst cuts on beef ever placed before me. There was a chunk of pure, soft unadulterated fat in the center nearly the size a baseball, and the rest of the steak was marbled with fat and gristle. I asked for medium- well, and one end was burnt to charcoal.
Normally when I am this disappointed, I just won't go back. But this time I had to speak up. I informed the waitress that the service was good, and to add 15% for gratuity, but the steak was really bad. I pointed to the small carry- home box and said "This is for my dogs...", then pointed to the large center chunk of fat, still on the plate, and added "..and this I wouldn't even feed to my dogs." And I calmly added "That was a very poor cut of beef."
She asked me to give her a minute, and left with the check and my card. When she returned, she informed me that the Manager had knocked 10% off of the cost of the meal, and she had taken her gratuity down 5%. As we were leaving, the Manager came to me to ask if everything was OK tonight. I just calmly remarked "pretty good, pretty good."
Don't get me wrong, the rest of the meal was exceptional. And the service, especially when it came to the correction on the bill, was very good.
Yeah, well never mind all that. Did Mamaw enjoy herself? :D Seriously, me and hubs have been having a bad time with restaurants lately - you get a really great steak, or whatever it is then you go back, looking forward to the occasion, and the steak tastes and chews like they rushed out to Walmart and bought something in that was on clearance in the back of the freezer for 2 years.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
TADAaaaa done... just ordered some juice on sale...
got some PB,DF,TC,Legend,Temptation, and a small bottle of Razzberry
that should last me a couple of months :)
YAY, you finally got some juices on sale!!! :headbang:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, well never mind all that. Did Mamaw enjoy herself? :D Seriously, me and hubs have been having a bad time with restaurants lately - you get a really great steak, or whatever it is then you go back, looking forward to the occasion, and the steak tastes and chews like they rushed out to Walmart and bought something in that was on clearance in the back of the freezer for 2 years.
Years ago I bought a chuck roast from WalMart. I mean, how can you screw up a pot roast, right? I brought it home and I accidentally dropped it on the floor and it bounced. That was the last piece of meat I ever bought from WalMart.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Sounds like they had you pegged for a schmuck, Papaw and it went the other way, you weren't. Did you bump the waitress' tip up to 20%? That was pretty nice of her.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Oh, to all you lovers out there,

*****Happy Valentines Day*****
friends_are_there_garfield_framed_tile.jpg

NOW,
5667e7a655b386ca86b1ba8451881ace.jpg

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
Vermi! How ya doin'? I don't know the answer myself, but it may be 0 mg, from what the recent posts have mentioned.

Thanks, I was thinking it may be zero as well.

Been super busy. Went back to school for video production/editing/broadcast news stuff. I've already infiltrated the government by becoming a politician. Phase 2 of my plan for world domination is infiltrating the media. :evil:
I've been meaning to stop back in here and say hi but my surfing habits don't really including vape stuff anymore. I only vape Heather's now on aspire coils and have no need for trying anything else.

I'll try not to become stranger this time.

How have you been?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Been super busy. Went back to school for video production/editing/broadcast news stuff. I've already infiltrated the government by becoming a politician. Phase 2 of my plan for world domination is infiltrating the media. :evil:

You are at least 50 years behind Jack and Jackie, so you better work a little harder.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Sunday Morning Army. Another chilly day on tap for the Carolinas. Easing into my second cup of coffee. The new Mr. Coffee makes it a s good as the old one does, only a little faster. Gotta have that morning mud.
Shaping up as a DIY day today. Nothing like reminding yourself those little numbers on the side of the syringes equal e-liquids !

Have a Safe and Blessed Sunday :nun:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I luv it when lazy people dont want to work ;)
Got called at 4 am to do a run since the nite time guy doesnt want to...
got off hours time ( off schedule), additional call out time, nite hours ( since it was dark )plus return miles...
Corporate is gonna have a fit when they see the money they spent for me to do this run... just becuz the other guy "just didnt want to"... if this keeps happening, I just may be able to pay off the mortgage real soon :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Morning all! I hope your Valentine's Day is filled with love! And not just the romantic kind either. All real love is good. :)

Don't hate me, but I'm still so glad not to be in that kind of winter. It's 63 here now and headed to 85. Last night we were walking on the beach in Santa Monica. I'm loving it!

Users who are viewing this thread