are eleaf products junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
If you decide to toss it, don't toss it in the trash, toss it my way, I've been wanting to pick one up to try out!
I am going to give it a chance. So far it doesn't have much flavor and yes, I may swap out the drip tip. I recall reading that it has better flavor on 0.3 ohm coils rather than 0.5. Unfortunately silly me fried the 0.3 it came with and all I have is 0.5 I ordered. If I do decide I do not like it, do you really want it?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Do a search here on the forums for just about ANY product that has been on the market for awhile and you could very likely come away with the impression that they're all junk.

When I started vaping with my Joyetech eGrip the first thing I did was get online to learn about my new toy. Found my way here to the forums and found that my new toy was apparently very problematic. But here it is 8 months later and still going strong.

Ya gotta kinda consider that the folks having problems may be more likely to be here complaining or looking for help than those who have no problem. Like the person who started a thread about the RX200 being crap because they break when ya drop 'em. Uhhhh?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I have is ticks that have far outlasted Cool Fire 4s.

Junk is a relative term. Low end product is what you are looking for. Eleaf opened up a new market when they launched the istick 20w. An affordable mod. Where was Innokin, Weismec, Aspire and all the other names you know? Where they had product it was far more expensive. Or there were in unregulated mods.

So Eleaf sells a low end product at a lower cost.

So tell me how a Corolla is junk compared to a Mercedes S Class.
Innokin created that market with the VV and the MVP lines.

Eleaf just blew it up by dropping a CHEAPER product with higher power at just the right time...

And before innokin released their 20 watt and 3.0 mvp's.

Which are much more stout products. Unfortunately they priced themselves out of that race.

Though, I did manage to score a couple mvp 20 watts for $20 ea. around the holidays.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I think the KBox Mini is a great mod.

I will say that being an early adopter of Kanger mods isn't a smart idea. Their initial releases are almost always full of issues. If you wait, they seem to stabilize into solid products.
My experience as well.

Still apprehensive about Eleaf mods.

The absolute extreme minimalistic approach in construction affords me no piece of mind when recommending or purchasing for a loved one.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
This is only relevant if this opinion is based on actual first-hand experience. I've seen this same opinion posted many times and am starting to think it is wandering into the urban legend/myth status..
If you saw the forum blow up when the 20W was introduced, you'd know it to be fact IMO.

(YOU)

Because you seem to be reasonable.

Istick next to MVP
Same watts
Same price

No comparison
No brainer...

Tapatyped

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I don't think so but you could be right. anyway I've had it awhile with no issue and it was over two years ago I know for sure

Check out the dates on the beginning of the first istick thread. Just starting to be released in September 2014. Eleaf Istick

Reactions: beckdg

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Junk is in the eye of the beholder.

Ultimately, Isticks are a low end, low cost product. It is what it is. You can spend more on a higher end product or spend less on a lower end.

It's like anything in life. And if you're the type that like to update your electronics every 12 months, the Istick price point makes that s little easier on the pocket book.

Reactions: beckdg

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
If you saw the forum blow up when the 20W was introduced, you'd know it to be fact IMO.

(YOU)

Because you seem to be reasonable.

Istick next to MVP
Same watts
Same price

No comparison
No brainer...

Tapatyped

Looking at the two, holding and using them, it seems obvious that the MVP is a better designed and made device than the istick. So why are all my isticks still working and one of my MVPs prematurely failed? Worse was the way the MVP failed, randomly auto firing. I feel lucky to have noticed it before it damaged anything.

Not that I'm a eleaf fan, their lack of support for customers who bought the flawed initial release of the 50w was abysmal.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Looking at the two, holding and using them, it seems obvious that the MVP is a better designed and made device than the istick. So why are all my isticks still working and one of my MVPs prematurely failed? Worse was the way the MVP failed, randomly auto firing. I feel lucky to have noticed it before it damaged anything.

Not that I'm a eleaf fan, their lack of support for customers who bought the flawed initial release of the 50w was abysmal.
I've had a 2 week old provari fail on me. Won't be comparing it to the 4 MVP'S I purchased a yr before isticks hit the market yet are still kicking or the 2 I bought in nov/Dec that still work.

Electronics fail despite how well they're engineered and built.

Which MVP version?

Tapatyped

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Anyone have experience with eleaf? I have read their products are junk. Does this seem to be true?

I ask because I am waiting on my ijust 2 kit to arrive, debating whether I should have just ordered a second kanger subvod/toptank kit. But the battery is higher mah in the ijust and the tank holds more liquid.

Eleaf[emoji769] iSmoka iJust 2 Starter Kit - Vapor Authority

I've had 2 isticks a 20 and a 30 and I have a TC60. I like em. All have been working for over a year. The twenty I ended up striping the threads on a cheap aftermarket base for a naut mini. But my 30 still is going strong as is the 60. I bought 2 for friends and they are very happy with them as well.

As for the melo tank that came with the TC 60, I didn't like it. No flavor from any of the TC or standard kanthal coils.

I like my Sub tank mini RBA and even the ego one CLR coils are better than the melo tank or the nautilus mini tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada

And I'm not a fan of Innokin. There is a fault with the CF4 that they know about where the device ceases to function. And they must know about it because I have read multiple accounts of that fault. It's been posted in fora and YouTube where Innokin reps frequent.

and yet they continue to sell it. So it sounds to me like they are no better.

And don't get me started on the CF4 requiring 6 to 8 hours to reach full charge.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I've had a 2 week old provari fail on me. Won't be comparing it to the 4 MVP'S I purchased a yr before isticks hit the market yet are still kicking or the 2 I bought in nov/Dec that still work.

Electronics fail despite how well they're engineered and built.

Which MVP version?

Tapatyped

It was an MVP 2. I still have a working ver. 2 and 20W. I also have a working 1.5, although with a slightly wonky display and weak battery.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Check out the dates on the beginning of the first istick thread. Just starting to be released in September 2014. Eleaf Istick

Man that was a Cool Thread.

BTW - Although I wasn't the 1st Person to receive an iStick 20wI, believe I hold the Dubious Honor as being the 1st Person in the Known Universe to have an iStick 20W Fry on them.

Although I did Poke its innards with a Dental Pick.

That's the iStick Innards. An 18650 wearing a Jetpack. LOL

Warning Will Robison: Since the Battery is Hard-Wired to the Board/Boards, parts or All of the Board is Energized. So be Very Careful Handling the IStick Innards. Poking it with a Dental Pick can Release the Magic Smoke.

Don't Ask Me How I Know This.

Post #713. September 23rd, 2014.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
And I'm not a fan of Innokin. There is a fault with the CF4 that they know about where the device ceases to function. And they must know about it because I have read multiple accounts of that fault. It's been posted in fora and YouTube where Innokin reps frequent.

and yet they continue to sell it. So it sounds to me like they are no better.

And don't get me started on the CF4 requiring 6 to 8 hours to reach full charge.
LOL

That's what happens when you're forced to compete with a company like eleaf where flooding the market with the cheapest product is the only priority.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Toronnah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread