listing side by side mods

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Union mod by VapeProLine (Starplat chip)
9e5b6716f7fc.jpg
ba609f98795b.jpg

ff7fc0ed7fc2.jpg
Although, going back through the thread this looks nice. Just can't find it! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Do you have one?

I do not (but I love it). Once I found out that a new BBV was coming, it was a big, fat "HALT!" for me. I need to see what they're doing before committing to anything else.

In fact, had I known they were reshaping, I'd probably have skipped the Xvo's.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You two need to teach me about these other places & how to buy off lists. I've been a "China" girl up to now, but I think I'm ready to upgrade & branch out.

Teach, we shall, Grasshopper. Be careful what you wish for though. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I forgot that BilletBox has something new in the works. Has there been any news other than that one quick announcement?

Not yet, but they did say it would likely be (relatively) soon. I'm mentally prepping for mid-year, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised sooner than that.

You know DD - tight lipped to the core. Probably wise on his part, given what we've seen in the industry (clones drop before the ink dries).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I wouldn't trust Diablo mods - especially on a V1 of anything. Never been burned so hard on a purchase in my life.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

And you just brought back memories from others who've said the exact same thing. Sorry about that, @pokemom , but I had forgotten...

Apparently they make our friends at Tosser look like BBV or ProVape. Obviously I am unable to speak to this firsthand, but pingpong apparently can.

@pingpongcomputer , elaborate?

pingpongcomputer

Verified Member
May 6, 2013
United States
And you just brought back memories from others who've said the exact same thing. Sorry about that, @pokemom , but I had forgotten...

Apparently they make our friends at Tosser look like BBV or ProVape. Obviously I am unable to speak to this firsthand, but pingpong apparently can.

@pingpongcomputer , elaborate?
Back in the olden days I pre-ordered the first diablo genesis hybrid. It was behind schedule in delivery and communication was bad, no biggie. It finally arrived with broken magnets in the button and rust on the main tube and atomizer cap. I talked to reseller, he sent me to Diablo. Diabolo said it couldn't be rust because the steal they used was rust proof, and that replacement magnets were in route to the reseller. After many tries I failed to receive replacement magnets. After hearing other reports of rust on the matte finish diablo hybrids like mine I contacted diablo again and he said to sand the finish to see if it was rust and that I'd be sent a replacement. Diablo finally agreed that it was rust and asked me to pay my own shipping for a replacement for a mod that still had never worked and told me that I had been sent replacement magnets I never received. I didn't trust mailing it away, especially at my own cost, after paying nearly $300 for pre-order that arrived broken and rusted. I sent several more emails asking for a better solution and got no reply. End of story. Have since had many great transactions with small manufacturers like super t, chels, ohman, gp, etc.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Back in the olden days I pre-ordered the first diablo genesis hybrid. It was behind schedule in delivery and communication was bad, no biggie. It finally arrived with broken magnets in the button and rust on the main tube and atomizer cap. I talked to reseller, he sent me to Diablo. Diabolo said it couldn't be rust because the steal they used was rust proof, and that replacement magnets were in route to the reseller. After many tries I failed to receive replacement magnets. After hearing other reports of rust on the matte finish diablo hybrids like mine I contacted diablo again and he said to sand the finish to see if it was rust and that I'd be sent a replacement. Diablo finally agreed that it was rust and asked me to pay my own shipping for a replacement for a mod that still had never worked and told me that I had been sent replacement magnets I never received. I didn't trust mailing it away, especially at my own cost, after paying nearly $300 for pre-order that arrived broken and rusted. I sent several more emails asking for a better solution and got no reply. End of story. Have since had many great transactions with small manufacturers like super t, chels, ohman, gp, etc.

Thank you, PPC. And I apologize for asking you to relive it, but I thought it might be valuable here. We appreciate it.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I just wanna say that I am STILL waiting on my Kato from angelcigs. Shows delivered, but their CS department is still on "holiday"....grrr....

FT announced their return. One of my orders has been shipped. Nothing fun. Just maintance bits and pieces like bases, orings, crap.

Did you check your neighbors? More than once I've found shipments next door. I dunno why, but it seems other folks aren't as excited about getting our mail as we are.

Reactions: Katdarling

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

Some posts I just can't "Like". It's one thing to loose out on a poorly made import and a whole 'nother thing when it comes to something like that. I find it hard to believe a small modder can stay in business that way. I heard a rumor of a blacklist starting on Facebook by some that regularly buy originals. That might be something to look into if you or anyone else consider buying again.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
You two need to teach me about these other places & how to buy off lists. I've been a "China" girl up to now, but I think I'm ready to upgrade & branch out.

You know there's a ton of contests on Facebook. An ECF'er got all her stuff from FB and started a group helping others do the same. She was on disability and that was the only way she could do it. Some very nice wins. There's a system to it though. I did win a couple of things. It's the only time I've won anything. I put in less than a hr/day. I was surprised. I guess FB requires a certain level of "likes" or shops posts don't get shared, some weirdo thing and they figure giving stuff away is better than buying ads.

Facebook is a vaping rabbit hole.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I am so proud of myself, I FOUND IT! Not quite what I remembered, but G's look like E's, right? I had given up, then by accident, there it was ...

So there was some dreaming in there too. Not regulated, not rounded, but it's still clever and smart design wise. Efficent, functional, practical maybe? Should be. It's the Gimmick by Athena. The page I saw it on just said "Gimmick".

Course I wonder why they didn't put the battery next to the hinge.

Last edited:

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States

Thanks for sharing. Mark that one off the list. Luckily I was busy buying Valentines stuff for hubby and sons yesterday, so mod buying was not on the priority list!

Users who are viewing this thread