tobacco flavors....the issue I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I been trying some different off the shelf flavorings, and mostly I'm trying to find a real good tobacco flavor. I tried so far only a few types.
Smooth tobacco - Capella
M-Type Premium - PA
RY-4 - PA

Smooth tobacco tastes nothing like tobacco in anyway shape or form... It has a minor sweet taste and nothing else lol.

M-Type Premium so far tastes like eating a crayon. If I was Ralph I might enjoy it, but I'm not. It kind of tastes like all the bad stuff I don't want lol. I just want the tobacco flavor not the nasty chemical flavor lol. But I am still testing this one, but it does seem like it was designed by someone who doesn't smoke.

RY-4 basically just tastes like those little caramel candys.

I thought about trying others, but than maybe someone can point me to a flavor that actually resembles real tobacco. I though about going NET, but honestly this seems like a lot of trouble. I like the pure flavor of Tobacco, but not really enough to do that. I wonder if people would sell those final extracts though! that would be a good product.

If someone has suggestions for tobacco flavors for DIY I am all ears.

I found I like Desert Ship by Hangsen. Closest tobacco flavor I have found.
I don't think anything is going to be spot on but the Hangsen is the closest I have found.
Thats an already pre-made liquid though? I'm looking for a flavor. I had one my friend has Legende - Kentucky Tobacco. They make it using real tobacco. It was exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Really good, but the point of DIY is to not spend $20 a bottle. I got my bottle cost down to $3.50 for 30ml :) That stuff is like $20CAD. I can smoke it all day, but my goal is to keep costs low. :)

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Thats an already pre-made liquid though? I'm looking for a flavor. I had one my friend has Legende - Kentucky Tobacco. They make it using real tobacco. It was exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Really good, but the point of DIY is to not spend $20 a bottle. I got my bottle cost down to $3.50 for 30ml :) That stuff is like $20CAD. I can smoke it all day, but my goal is to keep costs low. :)
Nope a flavoring. I got mine either at Bull City Vapor or Ecigexpress. I forget.

Reactions: srpurdy

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Could try (Basic for me taste):
The peanut butter with RY4 has become an adv for me. I tweaked it a little:
7% peanut butter
6% ry4
2% cotton candy ----added (EM or Ethyl Maltol--same)
Re:The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread

OR

I tried this recipe and tweaked it to:
TFA Peanut Butter 9%
TFA RY4 Double 7% –----was 6%
TFA Ethyl Maltol (Cotton Candy) 0.5%-----was 2%

Notes:
0.5 mg. 30/70,: Very good on its own - other flavors can be added. Very mild at end of day or morning vape.
I did not get any caramel/PB taste from the above combination.
Could see:
The different tobaccos bring out different flavors in the mix. Similar:
PA flavors are reasonable with regard to cost.
Do you have any particular tobac. flavor in mind. I enjoy nutty,sweet and Turkish flavors at different times.

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Reactions: Rickb119

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Look through the thread above Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only. It has loads of information on tobaccos. If your looking for a tobacco flavoring thats close to tobacco I highly recommend the Hangsen line of tobaccos. There made with natural tobacco essence which is as close to natural tobacco as you can get. I vape only tobacco vapes and am considered an expert on tobacco vapes here on ECF. If hangsen don't do it for you then you may want to look into the many tobacco absolutes you can use along with hangsen or extracting your own tobacco flavoring. There's lots of info on that here on ECF as well. Just look at the tobacco extraction sub forum. You'll find a link for that at the top of this form.

Also do some research on DIY start here.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DIY, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Could try (Basic for me taste):
The peanut butter with RY4 has become an adv for me. I tweaked it a little:
7% peanut butter
6% ry4
2% cotton candy ----added (EM or Ethyl Maltol--same)
Re:The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread

OR

I tried this recipe and tweaked it to:
TFA Peanut Butter 9%
TFA RY4 Double 7% –----was 6%
TFA Ethyl Maltol (Cotton Candy) 0.5%-----was 2%

Notes:
0.5 mg. 30/70,: Very good on its own - other flavors can be added. Very mild at end of day or morning vape.
I did not get any caramel/PB taste from the above combination.
Could see:
The different tobaccos bring out different flavors in the mix. Similar:
PA flavors are reasonable with regard to cost.
Do you have any particular tobac. flavor in mind. I enjoy nutty,sweet and Turkish flavors at different times.

Honestly I don't really want any nutty or too much sweetness, maybe very mild sweet of honey or something. I do like French Vanilla, but so far all the tobacco's I've tried I get all sweet and nothing else. No tobacco taste at all. Which is not what I want. A real good tobacco tastes like tobacco, maybe a slight bitterness to it, why a very mild sweetner is useful, but I find that sweet just takes over the whole liquid. Which is very disappointing to me.

Thanks for the reps though. I'll probably try some at some point. :)

Look through the thread above Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only. It has loads of information on tobaccos. If your looking for a tobacco flavoring thats close to tobacco I highly recommend the Hangsen line of tobaccos. There made with natural tobacco essence which is as close to natural tobacco as you can get. I vape only tobacco vapes and am considered an expert on tobacco vapes here on ECF. If hangsen don't do it for you then you may want to look into the many tobacco absolutes you can use along with hangsen or extracting your own tobacco flavoring. There's lots of info on that here on ECF as well. Just look at the tobacco extraction sub forum. You'll find a link for that at the top of this form.

Also do some research on DIY start here.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DIY, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.
Thank you so much for going into this kind of detail. I will be reading all of this! I really appreciate the effort!

Yep the closest to tobacco I have found is the Hangsen Desert Ship. I do put a drop or two of butterscotch in there and that is it. I tried about 10 tobacco flavorings before I found the Desert Ship.

Thanks for this suggestion. I ordered some and just got it yesterday. I made a quick test liquid and I love this so far! it's by far the best one that is not a tobacco extract I've tasted yet! Really quite good actually. :) I am pretty happy now haha. :D

Mostly I went with this because of the price, as the real extracts are quite expensive. I'm so glad I did.

And it goes a long way. I only used 5% flavoring with 0.5% EM and 0.3% Bitter Wizard, and that came out great. I already put a 140ml bottle into my steeping pile!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Thanks for this suggestion. I ordered some and just got it yesterday. I made a quick test liquid and I love this so far! it's by far the best one that is not a tobacco extract I've tasted yet! Really quite good actually. :) I am pretty happy now haha. :D

Mostly I went with this because of the price, as the real extracts are quite expensive. I'm so glad I did.

And it goes a long way. I only used 5% flavoring with 0.5% EM and 0.3% Bitter Wizard, and that came out great. I already put a 140ml bottle into my steeping pile!
Glad you enjoy it. It is the best I have found. I have quit looking for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread